Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Who wins Presidency - A Dem or Rep

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default Who wins Presidency - A Dem or Rep

A few months ago, majority of americans wanted a democrat to be president. Now that we are into the process, its time for a feeler, Who wins?

Old 01-10-2008, 08:28 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Who wins Presidency - A Dem or Rep

I would ask that "It Depends on Who is Nominated" to be made an option please

Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Nope, not for this one... this is a party thing and not a person thing.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 PM

i'm with cowboy on this one.

hillary has worse negative numbers, people who dispise her. i think the republican nominee stands a much better chance vs hillary than oboma.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Well logic tells you that when the people are fed-up enough of the party in power, the other party gets elected. But since dubya can't run again, this already makes the people who don't like him, happy. So I think the reps have a chance at getting elected. I really don't see Hillary getting elected prez.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:20 PM

EDIT:

NO COMMENT

Old 01-10-2008, 11:18 PM

Lesley said:

I hope to GOD it is a Republican! What a mess this country will be in if Hilary gets in the office...she has already almost had a break down....do you want a sissy running the country.. and I dont know about having a president named Barak Hussain Obama...uggg
[sm=boosign.gif][sm=lame.gif][sm=badidea.gif]

WTF moderators? Are you going to allow comments like this, that add nothing to the discussion, to continue, or are you going to allow anything goes? Seems like it's ok for big Mitt to cry, and John McCain to cry, but not Hillary. Also, God has NOTHING to do with politics, and the blatant racism really isn't appreciated, either. Mr Obama happens to be an AMERICAN. What part of that do you folks have a problem with?
Not sure what GPD's take on that would be (what if the name was Rodriguez or Hernandez instead of Obama?) , but if they were Rethugs I imagine it would be fine.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:31 PM

For the record, I think any of the Dems would be better than any of the Repubs, just because of the way things are going for our country. You name it, from wars to the economy, NOTHING the Republicans have done has worked.
The Dems took control of Congress less than 1 year ago, and just about everything they have tried to do has been blocked by Bush and the Rethugs. The Republican party has gone from being Rubberstampers for Bush to Roadblockers for the Dems.
The 2 questions you must ask yourself is what have they done forme and the United Stateslately? And, am I better off now than I was 4 years ago? For myself, the Republicans (the President, my Congressman and 1 of my Senators) have done nothing to help America, Americans, or Ohioans. Nor am I better off now than 4 years ago. So the vote pretty much takes care of itself.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:40 PM

...its 2008, you own a 06 monte carlo SS... how could things of possibly been better in 2004?

and as for what have they done for me lately, some people would rather be left alone. and you cant forget jfk, "ask not...."

Old 01-10-2008, 11:52 PM

Well let's see, in 2004I had more money in my bank account, more in my 401K, less costly gas, food, electric, medical, natural gas prices, water and sewer prices, all of which add up to more than a car payment.

I personally am not doing that bad, but it's more because I make wise decisions with money. Many, many people amongst friends and family are seriously hurting financially right now, and they are literally 1 or 2 paychecks from being homeless. But to truly understand how bad things are here, you would have to live here in Northeastern Ohio, good jobs are practically non-existant.

For the record, the BANK owns that car (LOL), I'm just making payments on it.

Quick Reply: Who wins Presidency - A Dem or Rep