Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> White Is Most Popular New-Car Color In 2012 ? + more

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:19 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question > White Is Most Popular New-Car Color In 2012 ? + more

Hi Member's,
Color is a indiviual choice, but some people like one
color more then others ?
I like many colors, and have owned rides that
where Black/Blue & White.
What's your favorite Color ?

Study Says White Is Most Popular New-Car Color In 2012 (If you believe studies ?)

Written by: Jake Holmes[G+] on October 11 2012 11:00 AM

<!-- AddThis Button END -->

<!--leftside banner-->
<!--leftside ends here -->The latest results from paint company PPG Industries reveal that new-car buyers favor white above all else. Globally, white was the most popular color and covered 22 percent of all new cars, closely followed by silver at 20 percent and black at 19 percent.
The survey appears to demonstrate that, despite a rash of eye-searing colors on new cars likeGotta Have It Green on the 2013 Ford Mustang, Jalapeno for the 2013 Chevrolet Spark, and Giallo Yellow for the Fiat 500, most customers go for traditional hues. PPG’s data shows that white, black, and silver accounted for 61 percent of all new car colors around the world. Just nine percent of new cars were painted red, seven percent were painted blue, and only two percent were green.
Within North America, the color breakdown mostly mirrors that of PPG’s global data. The company says that 21 percent of cars on this continent are painted white, 19 percent are black, while silver and gray tie at 16 percent each. Just 10 percent of new cars are coated in red paint, eight percent are blue, and a marginal three percent are green. In other words, bold colors tend to be a rarity in new-car lots.
These results fall in line with previous surveys on color choices. A Ford study in 2011 revealed that Americans tend to prefer white, black, silver, and gray on new cars. Two years ago, paint company DuPont revealed that 21 percent of all vehicles sold in North America were painted white, 18 percent were black, 17 percent were silver, and 15 percent were gray.
PPG Industries makes clear that people aren’t simply accepting any color car: the company’s data show that 77 percent of buyers cite exterior color as a primary factor in choosing a new car. And 45 percent of respondents said they’d like a wider range of color choice options when buying a car.
“Color is one of the first characteristics noticed in product design,” PPG manager for automotive color styling Jane E. Harrington said in a statement. “Our consumer research has clearly shown that color is critically important to car buyers.”
At the same time, PPG notes that more automakers are experimenting with colors like copper, gold, and bronze. In North America, gold and beige paints were applied to four percent of new cars. Companies can also create new paint finishes by mixing in metallic flakes to create new paint effects.
“A classic color such as blue can be updated with a high-sparkle glass flake or a fine bright aluminum to create more of a liquid or silk appearance,” Harrington said in statement.
We’re curious how PPG Industries’ data hold up in the real world. If you bought a new car this year, what color is it? How important was it for you to have specific color on your new car, and why did you choose that particular hue? Let us know by way of the comments section below.
Source: PPG Industries

<!-- .entry-content-->Categories:Auto News, Miscellaneous

Related Rumors Posts
Read more: Study Says White Is Most Popular New-Car Color In 2012 - Rumor Central

Last edited by Space; 10-12-2012 at 06:39 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:22 AM

I like Gold, but in my bank safe, & I'll take the below in `Black
Fast Man, Fast Car: Nissan Crafts Gold GT-R with Usain Bolt

What does the Nissan GT-R have in common with Olympic gold medalist sprinter Usain Bolt? Well, both are bloody quick off the line, for one thing – but now both have a golden touch. Nissan and Bolt recently partnered to create a one-off gilded GT-R that will auctioned to benefit ... Read more

Donny Nordlicht on October 11, 2012 1:00 PM
<!--/by-line-->

Old 10-12-2012, 06:23 AM

Report: 13 New Chevrolet Models in 2013

Get ready for some heartfelt/chintzy "13 in '13" slogan, people: Chevrolet says it will release 13 new models in 2013, from pickup trucks to electric cars to a new flagship model. The Detroit Free Press reports that GM says it will refresh or release 13 new models next year, saying that ... Read more

Old 10-12-2012, 07:12 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have one that is the most popular color (white Torino), one that is about middle of the road or so (Monte Carlo) and one that is two of the more rare colors (tan and brown) so I'm all over the map.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I have one that is the most popular color (white Torino), one that is about middle of the road or so (Monte Carlo) and one that is two of the more rare colors (tan and brown) so I'm all over the map.

Hi `Duane, & yes you've been all over the map of the USA & over the top many times. Thanks for your post & I really like your new avatar & `sig + your "White Torino"

Old 10-12-2012, 07:58 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

These reports are making me seriously consider Inferno Orange for my new Camaro instead of white lol

I enjoy having a "rarer" color car.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
These reports are making me seriously consider Inferno Orange for my new Camaro instead of white lol

Yes, strive to be different then the rest of the rides out on the highways of life...Oh, which one of your Camaro's are you referring 2 ?

Old 10-13-2012, 10:18 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep

Not really rare when all the other Camaros are that color

I have blue, black & ugh red lol maybe ill paint tge rx7 white