Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What's your take?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Yeah I would say Tony was innocent. Never get out of the car when you are on a race track espacially with these cars. You can't see to much especially when there is dirt and dust everywhere. The pot did make him loose his judgement. That is still not even as bad as the fact that he got out of the car. If he had something to say he should have done it back in the pits where cars were not racing around the track. Thats just what I think. The family needs to back down and just let things be instead of going on about it.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

An angry young fool will be an angry young fool, weed or not. My opinion: even if he had no drugs in his system, he still would have gotten out of his car. Same outcome. I feel bad for the guy's family, but ****, stay in your ****ing car while there are other vehicles on the track, don't chase them down and point at them. Weed was not the problem here. How many smokers do you know that go play in traffic because they're mad at somebody? Just sayin.

Old 09-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Nitehawk, I do agree with you on that. Normally high people are relax and don't do much besides eat and say man all the time.

Old 09-30-2014, 12:20 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by crazyzach722
Nitehawk, I do agree with you on that. Normally high people are relax and don't do much besides eat and say man all the time.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Aerocoupe86
my 2 beans on this issue. Had it been any other driver involved other than stewart and just another local driver this issue wouldnt have been nearly as public. Then again if it were anyone other than stewart that he had the initial contact with starting the crash, i doubt he would have gotten out of the car. It was just more of an ego thing. Either way it was a horrible accident, weed in his system or not.
By time all is said and done stewart will prob pay out some $$ to the family just for his mind sake and try as best to move on.
nascar does do drug testing on all licensed members not just drivers but anyone that posseses a license from the guy airing up the tires all the way up to owners. hell you take to many sudafed for a head cold and you will fail a nascar drug test.
I think Aerocoupe and John both made very good points. You would think the weed in his system would keep him mellow. It probably wasn't the reason he chased after Tony. But it didn't help either. Who knows? Maybe the weed had no affect on him in that situation after all? Maybe like others said, he was just a hot head going after the big, bad, Nascar star. Maybe hoping to get a name for himself on a larger stage.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Trying to strengthen your anti-marijuana stance by interjecting it into this tragedy is a moot point. Marijuana will stay in your system for MONTHS after you smoke/ingest it. It does not impair your judgment over that entire time. Since nobody knows for sure if he even smoked that day (there are several otc drugs that will trigger a positive result). IMO it shouldn't even be part of the report. But the media likes to sensationalize everything, so they dove on that 'fact' like a lion on fresh meat.

Every video I have seen of the 'accident' shows Stewart up out of the groove (as if he was trying to sling dirt at Ward) has to make one stop and think why he would do such a foolish thing. Yes, Ward should have stayed in his car, but imo Stewart is just as guilty for 'playing around' on the track. Maybe the media should have jumped on the fact Stewart was out of the groove trying to fling mud on Ward. That is blatantly obvious when viewed from different angles. And the wing not letting him see...really? He saw Ward standing there as he came towards him (which is when he pulled up out of the groove), so he knew perfectly well Ward was there. But he has many well to do lawyers to cover his butt so it was a given he would walk away from this innocent of any wrong doing.

How do you sleep at night, Tony?

Old 09-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Trying to strengthen your anti-marijuana stance by interjecting it into this tragedy is a moot point. Marijuana will stay in your system for MONTHS after you smoke/ingest it. It does not impair your judgment over that entire time. Since nobody knows for sure if he even smoked that day (there are several otc drugs that will trigger a positive result). IMO it shouldn't even be part of the report. But the media likes to sensationalize everything, so they dove on that 'fact' like a lion on fresh meat.
Figured someone would take that like that. I have my opinions, you have yours. Grow up and accept it.

There were still traces in the system, whether you like it or not, know when he had smoked it or not, it's still relevant. Just like you can't prove it was that day, you can't prove it wasn't.

...Just like you can't prove Tony didn't try to hit him and you can't prove he did try to hit him. Tony's position could go either way, Ward's on the other hand only has one direction to go.

Old 09-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

It is hard to say what Tony's thoughts or intentions were. Only he and God Know. I know the young man lost his temper and got too close to Tony's car. The rest is tragic.

What we all could learn from this is to stop and think before we react. One moment of throwing a fit cost the boy his life.

Old 09-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Originally Posted by red04montels
Figured someone would take that like that. I have my opinions, you have yours. Grow up and accept it.

There were still traces in the system, whether you like it or not, know when he had smoked it or not, it's still relevant. Just like you can't prove it was that day, you can't prove it wasn't.

...Just like you can't prove Tony didn't try to hit him and you can't prove he did try to hit him. Tony's position could go either way, Ward's on the other hand only has one direction to go.

Grow up? LMAO...Who said that was my opinion? I simply interjected some facts into everyone's speculation as to what happened. I'm well aware there is always two sides, and then there's the truth. I'm not saying my interjection of facts is the truth, nor am I saying that your opinion is. The irony is you telling me to grow up when it is you throwing the fit.

Old 10-01-2014, 01:05 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Sometimes anger makes you stupider then any drug out there, drugs work by dumping chemicals into our brains, emotions do the same thing. Maybe they both got angry and stupid. Kevin definitely got angry and stupid. What I think is the stupidest thing is trial by public opinion, that's why we have the justice system, so we don't go out lynching innocent men. Your entitled to your opinion but only that.

Quick Reply: What's your take?