Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What's your dream car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 10:55 AM
Default RE: What's your dream car?

theres an 07 el camino?

Old 03-29-2008, 03:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 98monte

theres an 07 el camino?
Hi `Anthony,
I think they were referring to the below
[:-]
Over the Back Fence: More on the New El Camino

By now, you've probably heard the one about a new El Camino coming to the US from GM's Holden division in Australia. If you haven't, here it is in a nutshell. Holden execs just confirmed the company's fastracking the Holden VE Ute — that's the pickup version of the VE Commodore (aka Pontiac G8). Word is Holden must increase production numbers to maximize efficiencies (that's bizspeak for lowering per-unit cost) at its Elizabeth plant. While a previous report indicated the extra cars would be primarily for South America, the latest gossip points to a new GMC car-pickup for the US. Why not a new Chevrolet El Camino? Australia's Carpoint says it's because the GTO debacle soured GM on reaching for another iconic badge. Still, in light of Ford's rationale for revisiting the Taurus name (i.e., mass recognition), we can't fathom GM selling a new car-pickup as anything but a Chevrolet El Camino. They'd have to be nuts to leave that big enchilada hanging in the room. Just food for thought.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:31 PM

ORIGINAL: 98monte

theres an 07 el camino?
My bad, I meant '71. Although I wouldn't mind having one of those Holden Utes, I think they're pretty sharp looking.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:29 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center]I found another `Dream Car on E-Bay[/align][align=center]Good thing dreams R `Free : )[/align][align=center]Chevrolet can hold their values[/align][align=center][:-]
An incredible show car! This 1969 Chevrolet Nova SS 350
[/align][align=center]has been transformed into a show-stopping Baldwin Motion Nova,[/align][align=center]with modern upgrades. The fit & finish on this Nova are incredible,[/align][align=center]as evidenced by it's appearance on the cover of[/align][align=center]The Parts Place's Nova-Chevy II catalog.
This stunning Nova has won a slew of national awards,
[/align]

Space, nice Nova & all but I see an OVER-restored car.

ex. Baldwin-Motion and GM/Chevy would NOT have painted the brake calipers.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

RJ, would you mind telling us why you photoshopped that blue '57 into the picture? I can see hte white around the tailpipe that you misse,d plus if it was really tehre, it's missing wheels and sitting in a ditch.

As for me, go ahead and stone me... but here's my dream car. The 1968 unmentionable make & model from the Dukes of Hazzard Reunion in 1997.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:06 AM

My dream car would be a 67 Chevelle SS with an LT1; muncie 4 speed, 373 12 bolt posi - black pearl sprayed over with candy apple red and lots of clear coat. Saw a 69 SS Chevelle with these colors on it at Super Chevy Sunday at Maple Grove Raceway in PA back in 1985 - all these years later have never forgotten the paint on that car -

Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 AM

My husband bought a 70 1/2 Z28 a few months before he passed - allowing the car to sit for too many years put a hurting on it so I ended up selling it to a gentleman from a close by town. Many years later my daughter (then 15) and I stopped at a diner to get some lunch and I saw it in the parking lot, so I told my daughter that it used to be mine and she practically flipped out on me. Here she was almost 16 - and she sees this beautiful restored Camaro - only to have her mom tell her I used to own it. I did not earn any brownie points that day.

Old 04-01-2008, 10:53 AM

I was close to getting a Vette until I heard this story:

One day a mouse was walking in the jungle and heard a cry for help. He followed the voice until he got to a pit in the ground, where he saw a lion had fallen into the pit. The lion asked the mouse to help him get out. The mouse left and came back with a Corvette and a rope. He tied the rope to the vette and dropped the other end into the pit to the lion, then pulled the lion out of the pit.

The next day an elephant was walking through the jungle and heard a cry for help. He followed the voice until he came to the same pit. This time, the mouse had fallen into the pit. The mouse asked the elephant to help him get out,so the elephant straddled the pit and dopped his ***** down into the pit. The mouse climbed up the elephant's ***** and out of the pit.

The moral of the story: You don't need a Corvette if you're hung like an elephant!

Old 04-01-2008, 11:39 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

RJ, would you mind telling us why you photoshopped that blue '57 into the picture? I can see hte white around the tailpipe that you misse,d plus if it was really tehre, it's missing wheels and sitting in a ditch.

Duane, would you stop drinking on sunday night and posting on MCFs on monday?
(i'm just teasing you) [sm=smiley2.gif]

Good eye. Why? Cause I do not have a picture of 5 of my '57s setting together. None! ZIP! Zero!

I tore my first '57 apart in 1987 thinking I could do a body off the frame in a year. BUT........... that year I got tendonitis in my right wrist from my tool & die job. I got fired because of this injury after 8.5 years of service and had to go through corrective surgery as well. Plus after the surgery they only THEN informed me I'd be suceptible to tendonitis again. So to watch doing any repetative motion.

Since I got the white (w/flames) Wagon march 29, 1988 there's no way the blue car could be setting with the other 4. I tore almost every piece off of it the year before. Including the dash.

However, you did make a mistake on the wheels. They are on the car. And the photo I used to crop the blue car fromwas taken with the carsetting in the drive way of an ex-girlfriend's house.

Oh one more thing. That's not the tail pipe you see. It's the leaf springs holding the back of the car up. Do you know what an aftermarket shackle kit looks like? Back in the 1960s/70s you could buy extended shackles to rais the back of the car by re-locating the mounting point of the leaf springs. Most the time this backfired and the leaf springs sagged. My car had the extended aftermarket shackles on it with air shocks. Plus I installed a set of spaces on the tops of the air shocks so they would lift higher. I didn't want the wheel well openings of the rear quarter panels coming in contact with the wheels/tires. A '55 Chevy is worse putting wider wheels/tires onbecause the wheel well openings are more square then a '57.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

lol... alright RJ. the reason i said the thing about the wheels is because of the angle (like, look at teh roof lines) compared to the others... something would have to be done to make it sit at such a different angle on the same slope

Quick Reply: What's your dream car?