Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What's the most hours you've worked?

Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What's the most hours you've worked?

So i just got in on Friday, which was my 13th day of straight work... It was actually nice to do some work (ive been sitn in the office with nothing to do for quite some time now)

I ended up working for an other group in the company, was out on the road and worked 182hours in 13 days.. the over time is all banked, so ill be able to take some time off to get my car done ASAP!! (gonna repaint it the whole thing on the City of Edmonton's dime!)

Old 06-15-2009, 02:19 PM

,,Hi `Richard,
I worked double shifts @ the warehouse 7 days a week 16 hour days from Mid January until June 1st 09...Burned me `out, but the $'s were great, but the taxes sure eats `up a lot

I hope I never have to work that long of streak again. I missed time with my g'father & my friends. Now, I'm just work'in 8 hrs days 5/6 days a week & it's like being on vacation : )
"Giving Up 2 Get isn't always E.Z. 4-Sure", but I'm working my dreams.

Richard, hope you get to enjoy your time `off, and get done what U want with your Monte..Good Luck from `Space

Old 06-15-2009, 02:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

that's a good question...last summer when we were traveling for 8 straight weeks in the late summer, i didn't have a day off that entire time. most of the time at the office i worked 10-11 hour days and at the track on weekends days were usually approx. 14 hours (on my feet all day). on a plane, off a plane, 17 hour drives in a chevy dually with 3 racecars in tow, or a 50-foot support trailer...so much traveling that a lot of times, i honestly didn't know what city i was in. so i duuno. you do the math. all i know is there is no way i'm working that much again this summer!

time wise, i don't have anything on space though!!

Last edited by ChevySSGirl; 06-15-2009 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM

time wise, i don't have anything on space though!!

But in everything else I `do lol

Sincerely,
Jamie Lynn

__________________________________________________ ____

We all must learn to

rest & EnJoy `Life 4-Sure
4-Sure...

Last edited by Space; 06-15-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member

Jesus Space... thats nuts, and same to you girl!

I might be heading back out in july for 3 weeks, same crap.. and end of august might be going in Northern Nunavut for 2 weeks, i think that will be pretty cool, its a once in a life time type thing

Old 06-15-2009, 02:32 PM

the travel is the worst part though. i never get used to the time changes (even though it's only 3 hours here or there, we're only there for a couple of days so it's weird). i hate flying - not because i'm scared of it, but just because it's a nuisance. getting to the airport, dealing with luggage, security, flight delays, weather, screaming kids on the plane, uncomfortable seats, long boring flights. honestly sometimes driving is much more exciting, you never know what you're gonna see on the roads of america. on the way to kentucky last year, we saw the goodyear plant in OH, and of course all being in the racing industry we were all pretty stoked about that. then we saw all the stadiums in cincinnati, a funny water tower in kentucky, and the Sara Lee building on the way home. and of course the looks and comments we get from onlookers when we've got a bunch of racecars on the back of our truck are priceless.

space, i couldn't have worked all the hours you did (especially the EARLY HOURS - YIKES!!! ) and still be standing bro! you deserve time off more than anyone i know!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:35 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

I have never been abused like you guys with working tons of hours. For me (when I was working) between 40-50 hours a week.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:37 PM

I think everybody has to do, what they have to `do.
I am thankful that I was able
&
Compared to what other kid's my age are doing/working/fighting
in the middle east, I think we are very fortunate,
and I'm sure the majority of our military fighting
a war would gladly trade places with any of us.

We Support our `Troops

4-Triple-Sure

Last edited by Space; 06-15-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 PM

i'm absolutely thankful that i have a good job where i have a lot of fun and make money. i don't know what i'd do if i didn't have the opportunity or means to work at all, let alone doing something i love.

Old 06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member

Being on the road is awsome, i love driving (get that from my dad)

For xmas 2007 we drove from Edmonton to Windsor non-stop (about 32hours) and then back, the same thing, only a lil longer, had to drop a buddy off in Calgary, its a 4 hours detour.. and we hit some ****ty as conditions!! just kept pushing through

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's the most hours you've worked?