Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Whats the craziest stunt u have done with a car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:23 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Whats the craziest stunt u have done with a car!!!

I've noticed Taz... and those things had a really tough torsen bar suspension too... a full reinforced frame too... if any car could take those jumps, its a Charger... the Monte don't stand a chance

Old 02-09-2009, 08:28 PM

yea in my tahoe and the amigo there isnt much out in front of the tires a little bumber and fender and thats it but yea even if my monte was a piece i still wouldnt jump it

Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM

Did some reverse donuts the other weekend at the junction of two highways. This was coming back after I had already jacked up my rear bumper, plus there was 4-5" snow on the ground so I said what the hell. My buddy was on the phone with his mom when I stopped, put it in reverse and let 'er go. Realized traction control was on after a few go arounds so took it off, having one rear tire stay in place and whipping around in a circle makes for a fun time.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM

wow we have some crazy people here with us at MCF its great thought i was the only crazy one here..... got pulled over yesterday by a state trooper that is staying at the hotel where i work at i was trying to race him hehe but he was kool bout it stopped me let me go with a warning then get stopped 10 miles downt he road by another local state trooper lol but that will be getting erased by the trooper staying here were i work!!! yay he just told me right now he will take care of it haha trunk lid cover back on it hehe

Old 02-10-2009, 04:10 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I think it's important to point out that if you frame-by-frame the jumps in the original Dukes of Hazard tv show, you'll notice that the entire front end of the car folds up at like a 30 degree angle upon landing.

That's why they had people searching the country for more Chargers and were buying them by the truck load. Cause so many of them were damaged doing stunts.

If you look close at some episodes you can see the General with damages that aren't in the very next scene.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM

5 Year Member

... and in the last season you will notice alot of model cars.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:13 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Oh,

And if you look you'll see there's more General Lee's that exsist today then when the show was originally on.

Just like there's more '57 Chevy convertibles today then Chevy built in 1957.

[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 02-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I was told by someone to watch for disappearing and re-appearing turn signal lights on the front fenders. Mostly in later seasons.
Never noticed it myself. But that's what someone at work told me.

My personal favorite is the changing police cars during chases. When looking out of the General Lee's rear window in one shot, and seeing the police car drive past the camera in the next shot, the police cars change back and forth from Plymouth and Dodge. Headlights are a dead give away. Round in one shot. Square in another.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:57 PM

5 Year Member

Yeap. sometimes you can see a scratch on the number or something like that in the General Lee... the police cars were bad.

Theres an episode called "Days of Shine and Roses", the season premiere of Season 2, where Luke gets into the General Lee by opening the door....

Old 02-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

D`OH!!!

Director: "CUT! Tom you can't open the door. They're welded remember? Sheesh. Actors."

Quick Reply: Whats the craziest stunt u have done with a car!!!