Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What's with all the monte hate?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:10 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Different strokes for different folks. Lots of times, the guys who review cars know what's fast and what isn't. To them, a Monte Carlo isn't that fast, I suppose. At least, mine with a V6 isn't that fast. Those 06-07 bodys with a V8 are quick though! And the styling is all about personal preference. I read a break down of a Dodge Stratus two door coupe vs. the Chevrolet Monte Carlo, and they choose the Stratus!!! What the heck? They said the Monte Carlo was too ugly and with all performance about the same in both cars, they'd take the looks of the Stratus, which looks like a lot of other stuff on the road. Nothing looks like a Monte Carlo, hardly. O'well. Wah wah.

The wya Jalopnik wrote that article ,ti sounds like they don't realize that the owner did this to the car, not GM.
Hm... I'd like to read that article. Can you find it for me?

My last car was a 2004 Dodge Stratus R/T coupe (which is basically a Mitsubishi Eclipse with a Dodge designed body/shell). And you can't tell me this car doesn't look d@mn good...

Personally, I too dislike the overly done Nascar Montes, and I wouldn't want one, but to each their own.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:37 PM

Hi `Ted, I really like your Dodge Stratus...It's a beautiful car in BLACK 4-Sure...., but I like your V8 SS much/much better : )

Check out the below Comparison Test....EnJoy

Midsize Sport Coupe Comparison - Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS vs ...
Midsize Sport Coupe Comparison: Road Test of the Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS vs. Dodge ... 112 0009 Road Test Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Vs Dodge Stratus RT 01L ...
www.motortrend.com › Road Tests - Cached - Similar

Old 09-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Photobucket

Hmm good read.

Old 09-02-2010, 05:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I actually have that magazine!!! I kept every magazine ad, article, and poster I could find of the monte carlo through the years...I'll try and find it on the web...

Joe

Edit Found it:

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...son/index.html

EDIT EDIT: I'm an idiot for not looking 2 posts up...lol...

Last edited by Montess2k; 09-02-2010 at 05:36 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Default my dale jr 04 m/c ss supercharged

i love mine...better then all that jap junk...i buy american.any one who wants to run...let me know......i look for mustangs to eat..........and ive beaten vettes.
ill suck any toyotas,hondas,or nissans ....right up my tailpipes////////

no brag..........just fact.........

Old 09-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Photobucket

Originally Posted by Montess2k
EDIT EDIT: I'm an idiot for not looking 2 posts up...lol...
lol
Originally Posted by ladderman100
i love mine...better then all that jap junk...i buy american.any one who wants to run...let me know......i look for mustangs to eat..........and ive beaten vettes.
ill suck any toyotas,hondas,or nissans ....right up my tailpipes////////

no brag..........just fact.........
You've beat Corvettes in your Monte Carlo? Really?

Old 09-03-2010, 12:02 PM

...Hi `Joe, don't feel bad, I do it all the time...I speed read through threads and many times I miss some key information & then I spend my time searching for the answer to help a member & then when I post it, I later return to check the thread & find that it was already posted I must stop posting under the influence of 2 much SpaceCaffine

`Ted, I can beat Corvette's and any car out there on the roads ~>What Yes, 4 - Sure....I just carry one of these LOL

I've found sometimes the owners of fast performance cars, DON'T know how to drive them or know how to Race anyone...I've found the hammer is a powerful weapon LOL
Wish the reader of this a `Happy

Old 09-03-2010, 03:53 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by RickAKATed10

You've beat Corvettes in your Monte Carlo? Really?

It's not hard if you got the right (or should I say wrong?) driver in the Corvette.

I used to live a couple blocks away from a high school. When I had my 1991 Cavalier Z24 (the larger cavy's with the 3.1 litre engine), high school idiots would drive mommy and daddy's Mustang 5.0 to school. They would want to show off to their friends that they are bad *** and can beat anybody in "their" Mustang. Anybody, as long as their car wasn't as powerful as theirs.

They thought I was an easy win in their quest to show off. So guys would constantly challenge me. Their problem was they ALWAYS got over-confident and would spin their tires off the line. By the time they re-gained traction, I was long gone and their friends were laughing at them.

It wouldn't be much different with a Corvette. Someone who's not used to handling high-powered cars will almost always lose a race.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2010
1 Year Member

There's a lot of hatred for 5th gens. When I take my 74 to shows, people will say "I like these Montes, not those ugly 902's ones!"

"It's just a Lumina coupe."

Who cares? It's still a nice car.