Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What's with all the monte hate?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 PM
Default What's with all the monte hate?

The monte has been getting some bad reviews recently. There was this a few weeks ago, and now jalopnik has an article about how they'd be embarrassed to drive a NASCAR monte. I guess thy don't like the paint.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Pshhh! They are just jealous

Old 08-30-2010, 10:24 PM
Default Monte hate........

..That particular Monte Carlo that is pictured there is probably a bit overkill. Just remove all the decals and you have a nice car.
That car was probably part of a promotion of some kind or a give away ?
The people that rate these cars and write about them are for the most part not informed enough OR are just Idiots. Maybe the type of people who "Just put gas in it and go"......
Oh Well.......

Old 08-31-2010, 05:28 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sour grapes. I have all kinds of people that hate on a daily basis. These are the same people who say that my car is not fast because it is FWD. These are the same people who ask for a ride just to see how fast it is.

Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by jasonps87
The monte has been getting some bad reviews recently. There was this a few weeks ago, and now jalopnik has an article about how they'd be embarrassed to drive a NASCAR monte. I guess thy don't like the paint.

Hi `Jason & Member's,

It's not `HATE, it's Ignorance ~> 4-Sure

ignorance - definition of ignorance by the Free Online Dictionary ...
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed. ignorance [ˈɪgnərəns]. n. lack of knowledge, information, or education; the state of being
Stupid : )...

Looks like where `Space is from LOL
.............."Constant State of Ignorance"

Last edited by Space; 08-31-2010 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:09 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Different strokes for different folks. Lots of times, the guys who review cars know what's fast and what isn't. To them, a Monte Carlo isn't that fast, I suppose. At least, mine with a V6 isn't that fast. Those 06-07 bodys with a V8 are quick though! And the styling is all about personal preference. I read a break down of a Dodge Stratus two door coupe vs. the Chevrolet Monte Carlo, and they choose the Stratus!!! What the heck? They said the Monte Carlo was too ugly and with all performance about the same in both cars, they'd take the looks of the Stratus, which looks like a lot of other stuff on the road. Nothing looks like a Monte Carlo, hardly. O'well. Wah wah.

The wya Jalopnik wrote that article ,ti sounds like they don't realize that the owner did this to the car, not GM.

Last edited by Cowboy6622; 08-31-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jalopnik has been trashing that particular Monte for quite a while. That Monte started life as a genuine Dale Jr edition with all the factory decals. Then all the rest of the decals were added. I think that one is a little over done.

Like Richard said, remove the stickers that the owner added and you got a nice looking Dale Jr edition again.

I don't take Jalopnik seriously. That site seems to only exist to crap on everything. Good or bad.

Old 09-01-2010, 11:18 PM

I'd say it's jealousy. Everyone I know hates me because they love my car :P

Old 09-02-2010, 11:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2011
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have my Monte, and the most common complaint is that it's not a real monte, it has the looks but most hate the fwd and lack of power...(even though it is faster then it's stock rwd ancestors)

Got the GTO....most common complaint? It's not a real GTO cause while it does have adiquite power for the name, it looks nothing like it's ancestors...

can't please everyone...the point? As long as your happy with the car that's all that matters...

Joe

Old 09-02-2010, 12:33 PM

Is have to agree. I get hate around here by Monte enthusiast owners say it looks more like a lumina... the rest of the people around here say its not a real Monte because its front wheel drive. I even had someone go as far as to say tm took all the power out when they left the '80 s. My car has beat a few '80 s models and even some older than that. I let a friend of June drive my car and he got out after the car hit second gear and threw me the keys saying it scared the crap out of him because of the torque steer when it shifted. After that though, I never heard him bash again.as matter of fact, he scolded someone for saying its a pos.
When I bought it, a hunch if mustang enthusiasts kept telling me that I need to get a REAL performance car. I have beat several of them as well. I have nothing to prove, but many people around here leave me alone about it now.
All in all, these cars will always get hate mainly due to ignorance of the car. Motor Trend has loved the Monte through the years, most of the time its simply politics and who they prefer.

Quick Reply: What's with all the monte hate?