Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> What are your Hobbies ? <

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 10:00 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by jdmew
Bowling is my hobby and sport. I'm honestly thinking about getting sponsored.

Hi J.D. & thanks for your post & contributions...Maybe you could get the US Army to sponsor you ? ? I know that they sponsor many..Talk to your 1st Sgt or Company Commander ? They might be able to help you ?
p.s. Thanks much for your service to the country

Originally Posted by lougreen03
All i need is time and money
LoL `Lou, I can relate to your problem (LOL), Here maybe I can help U > below is my gift to you (LOL "Master your Time & you will Master your `Life" (so easy to type & so difficult to `do)
Below is for you to keep track of time & some money to help `ya

Wish you the best `Lou

Old 07-25-2013, 03:05 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I make ceramic tile tables on my freetime.Name:  042.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  60.2 KBName:  009.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  71.7 KB

Old 07-25-2013, 03:06 PM

Name:  060.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  57.8 KBName:  136.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  84.5 KB

Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 PM

Name:  007-1.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  67.6 KBName:  017.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  97.2 KB

Old 07-25-2013, 03:29 PM

Hi `Joey, are those new hubcaps for your Monte ? > LOL

Please post a description & tell us how you made those beautiful designs...Are they tables ? What materials did you use ?
You have some great talent 4-Sure...Look forward to your description/details...Thanks for posting/sharing..

Oh, do you sell them ? How many have you made ?

Old 07-25-2013, 04:07 PM

ive made several. it keeps me sane and out of trouble. they are made from ceramic tile and the wooden spindles used for electric lines. ive only sold two out of the many ive made. you would be surprised the smile a person gives you when you hand them one as agift. ty space for the compliments. I need to make a monte carlo forum table or at least a monte based table real soon.

Old 07-25-2013, 04:18 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

a SS table would look sweet!

Old 07-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Well as most people know, Weather is a big hobby of mine, it's what i go to school to be a Meteorologist. and I'm always going on about it. if a big storm comes i'm out chasing it giving damage reports to the NWS. the girlfriend gets sick of my weather nerdiness sometimes

Another thing i am into is climbing! Rock climbing is fun! but my ambitions are to eventually get west to Washington and mountain climb. I love the challenge and i read book upon book about it.

Obviously cars are a big hobby as well, learning more about them and taking care of mine, nothing beats the car show vibe, it's relaxing.

I'm a pretty good poker player too

I also play guitar and write my own music, i have lyric books i am constantly scribbling in.

And last but not least i am in the process and almost done with writing my first Book!
I'm excited i am almost done and if it is good enough might try and get it published. It took a bit over a year now to get it done. writing and coming up with stories is a great challenge and i really like it a lot.

that's me!
Did not know you played guitar, wrote songs and were writing a book. Cool stuff

Me, I don't have too many hobbies anymore really. I used to bowl, I used to play the French horn when I was In high school. Only thing I really do now is photography on occasion. I used to be an avid rail fan, but I just don't have the time to do it anymore.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

those tables are really sweet joey. I want to see the pics of a monte table when you get it done. I think a knights crest would look cool

Old 07-26-2013, 01:37 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Cars has always been a huge hobby in my life, from the little girl asking for the hot wheels at mcdonalds instead of barbies, to the bright eyed 10 year old sitting in the engine bay of my dad's 1972 chevelle...dropping in a new 350 crate engine..(unfortunately a year after he sold it...) and now. well, I gone from parading around with nascar gear to someone actually driving a nascar themed car..

Besides my love for gas guzzling, high octane vehicles I got a bit of a love for nature.. My favorite time to myself is a walk through some trails & take in the scenery and sounds.. I love to walk into a park, preserve or trail find a spot to sit and meditate. The sounds and sights are just so peaceful.
I also practice witchcraft, or wicca/wiccan if you want to call it that (I don't like the term too much...prefer paganism, much broader term than wiccan) so meditation is key.
I'd prefer the more dark and morbid sides of things too Involving with my practices...cemeteries are a must. I practice what you call 'necromancy' which is magick that deals with contacting the dead. I've been able to 'feel' emotions of other people, including those who have passed on since I was a child, seeing ghosts/spirits is a 'gift' I've had for as long as I remember. Alot of people say the more near death experiences you get...the closer you are to 'the other side'...
For me next to parks/woods/forests/exc, cemeteries the best places to sit and relax. I love finding new cemeteries to check out, sometimes I do stone rubbings (large sheets of paper+ charcoal and rub the letters off of the stone onto the paper) of my favorite stones. I find it interesting how old some of the stones are.

Oh, photography is also another hobby. (if you don't already know!)
And anything besides the monte and cars is cemetery shots (and nature too)

I love capturing the dark feeling from cemeteries in my photography...(seen in pic below)
This was from a small cemetery in the Hamptons.
this one too.

Oh yea! I love video games. From my old school Playstation games (crash bandicoot....spyro...twisted metal....need for speed...) to now, my xbox (halo, halo and more HALO! Assassins creed....and a few other random games. Mostly halo!)
And I'm also one of those really weird people that dress up in Medieval clothing and go to Renaissance fairs when I got time/money. I love going up to tuxedo, ny for the big ren fair! I was thinking of going this year, but car stuff is more fun.

Quick Reply: > What are your Hobbies ? <