Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

what is your favorite spot to go for a drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:50 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You're up there in Chicagoland. Lots of traffic up there.

My favorite place to cruise? Where most humans aren't!

I prefer some wide open spaces with little interferences. Hear the sound of the engine, the wind blowing from the A/C on high and no one around for miles.

Too bad there's little places like this cruise where I live.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:39 PM

space I envy you so much I love florida definitely one of my top 3 favorite states lol.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Question A price 2 live in paradise 4 Sure : )

Originally Posted by red03ssmonte
space I envy you so much I love florida definitely one of my top 3 favorite states lol.

Hi `Josh,
There's a high price 2 live in paradise 4 $ure.
Just like everywhere; we have many problems in our state,
like many other states. Florida is the only State
I've lived, and I love `it..., even with it's many prob's.
I was planning a Road Trip this Spring to travel the USA,
but my plans were changed. It is still on our priority list.
I still travel a lot around the World on the Web.
WoW, I am so happy that they created this device...4-Sure.
I don't know how anyone could get bored, as long as
they are connected to the World by this device.

That Machine has Everything in `it.
I learn zomething new everyday, I just can't remember it `all
But, that's why they invented Googles Search SuperCharged Engine

Ok, Member's...Your Turn 2 Post where U've been
Driv'in Around in your AweSome Monte Carlo.
There's plenty of `Space...
Go Ahead & Post.
Thanks
from the BeachBums

Last edited by Space; 03-24-2009 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Because i messed `up 4 the 100th X's 2Day : (
Old 03-24-2009, 05:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i can actually understand what a pain traffic can be. i live way out in the boonies, but the developers thought it would be a great place for all the lame drivers from NY city to move to, and move they did. worst part: one road in and out, 2 lanes of hell on the weekends with the tourists and not much better on the weekdays. i wound up heading the "back way" to town ( about an extra 45 minutes out of the way), and i rediscovered all my favorite back roads, spent about an an hour and a half crusing the watershed property (sorta between east stroudsburg and marshalls creek), which is a very senic wooded aerea with lots of hills and dips, and some good corners, worked great to break in the monte!

it sounds like you all have some sweet aereas that i could only dream of riding through, keep em coming!
i have always wanted to cruse around the country too, space, since i have never left the states of PA, NJ, and sometimes upstate NY, maby someday.

Old 03-24-2009, 05:47 PM

Space dOOd u can use my spare bedroom when/if you come thru this way

Old 03-24-2009, 07:27 PM

i just go for a cruise whenever and where ever i can. if i leave the house and say im going for a drive they all know im not in a good mood so usually my drives consist of stress relief. i try to avoid the taffic but i dont mind the idle exhaust tone of the car

Old 03-24-2009, 07:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

i drive around anywhere i can. any excuse to drive my monte! on the off chance that i have a weekend off work though, during the spring/summer/fall i like to drive up to New Hampshire. the area around the racetrack is beautiful, quiet and nice to drive around. i like to drive through Connecticut too, there is a lot of country and quiet areas there.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:17 PM

I would really like to road trip to florida this summer I miss I spent some time there with family and it just felt like home, know what I mean? idk im tired of Iowa lol I would love to live there ive done my research im quite the browser of the web to I totally agree with u best thing ever invented im always learning. Has any one been to the keys? I didnt get to drive since I was with my family down there but man that place is amazing. perfect long road for a nice cruise, totally surrounded by the ocean on each side of interstate.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:21 PM

My favorite place around my area is out on the country roads around the Wind Mill farms just looking at the Wind Mills.

Also last week i was going down to Myrtle Beach from here in Illinois and there was some great curves in i think North Carolina area or a little more north of there that was so fun to drive through. this was also at 3am in the morning and there was no one on the road. I just wished i was in my car and not my moms tahoe at the time.

Quick Reply: what is your favorite spot to go for a drive?