Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

what is your favorite spot to go for a drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 07:16 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default what is your favorite spot to go for a drive?

i know mcf members come from many different states, and i am just curious how many of you have a favorite spot to just roll the windows (and maby sunroof) down and roll on through with no particular destination in mind.

the reason i ask is i got to take my monte out for its maidin voyage last saturday, and i decided to take the back roads in an effort to avoid the trafic jams the weekend cityit tourists cause. so i wound up on some winding back roads that i have not been on in ages and just had a nice time and good conversation with my dad in the passenger seat, the last time i had been through that aerea on those roads the seating was reversed and i was in a car seat! i guess im just being nostolgic.

i am just wondering where you guys and gals like to go for that occoasional "sunday drive"

Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM

I always roll with the windows down unless it's snowing/raining/below 20. Or if I'm going over 90 I'll roll them up...

Here I just go around town, that's about it for Laramie. But during the summer I can cruise the Black Hills and that makes for a good time. My car should be able to take me to Sturgis this year so I'm excited. (Only an hour away but didn't have tail lights at that time last year)

Old 03-23-2009, 08:14 PM

I love driving on the back roads in Chester/ Mendham NJ. Very narrow streets in the middle of the woods with really nice houses and such around... Very peaceful and a blast to drive on. So many narrow hairpin turns and hills. Gotta be careful though.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM

Sounds like a great time, paved roads? Living in Wyoming I get my share of dirt roads and those are not fun. They usually cause me to roll up the windows too.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:40 PM

Without a doubt my fav place to cruize in my 97 is ocean boulevard here in myrtle beach sc, thousands of babes in bikinis and even more ppl breaking their neck to see me ride by, that and cruizing the blue ridge parkway in the mountains near roanoke va

Old 03-23-2009, 10:57 PM

I'm A farm boy from Minnesota so I like cruising the the open country roads with the windows down and the sun roof wide open. Cant wait till summer!!

Old 03-23-2009, 11:22 PM

im jealous of you all i live in miami which i think is top 3 in most traffic and worst drivers in all of the U S of A =/

the best i get is driving down 8th street around 11 or midnight lmao even driving by the beach is a pain bc there is so much darn traffic...

my friends up in northern florida go driving on Payne's Praire though and i hear its amazing... but i havent tried it myself ...

Old 03-24-2009, 12:05 AM

when I take the occasional cruise not only is it generally a burn cruise but living in Bettendorf Iowa I only have 2 things to drive to, country roads and along side the Mississippi. But I cant complain country roads although unpaved lack police and driving by the Mississippi is always a great view.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 AM
Cool Luv SunShine 4-Sure : )

Great Topic Thread `Ryan
MCF Member Skylark65
I really enjoy reading/seeing where others are taking their Trips.

I've only been out of the State of Florida one time since I've landed on planet `Earth

and that was to go to Kuwait. I don't get to Big Cities very often.

My favorite area to drive is below...I luv `it.

My g/f has a Miata, and the top is always down,
sometimes even when it's rain'in

The Indian River Lagoon (FL)

SpaceIsland

Indian River Lagoon Scenic Highway
Florida

Length: 150.0 mi / 241.4 km <~Canada Members
Time to Allow: Four hours to drive, only one hour `if Space is driving
The Indian River Lagoon Scenic Highway gives access to a National Estuary providing habitat to more species than anywhere in North America. History buffs, bird watchers, anglers, surfers, swimmers, boaters, and vacationers will find excitement (lol)at a national seashore, wildlife refuges, state park, museums, Kennedy Space Center, beaches, and waterways. Very E.z. 2 get `high on `Life

Wish the reader, safe/fun miles on your highways of `Life
4-Sure

Attached Images  

Last edited by Space; 03-24-2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: 2 take another `Trip : )
Old 03-24-2009, 09:11 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I just cruise the "region," also known ask NWI (Northwest Indiana). No particular place, and traffic is generally bad no matter where you go.

Quick Reply: what is your favorite spot to go for a drive?