Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What was your Favorite Car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Well I've had so many favorite cars. My 68 Torino. Was a real nice car. Then after that was totaled. I bought another one. But this one wasn't a fast back model. But that had a engine swap to a 428 4 spd 373 gears. Now that car was FUN! Also was our family car. Big pro stock scoop. But with more then one kid. I had to get something bigger. Then there was the Kustom van days. From 77 to 1990. Then I started new trucks. Pick ups. Suburban's. Cause we got into Harley's for the next 32 yrs. Then came the Chevelle. Which is a LOT of FUN. Now that the motor is built up. Also with 342 gears. Good on the freeway. Now its the Monte Carlo 2006 SS. I can't pick from those two. I like them both the same. Even tho the Chevelle is faster. I like them the same. Its great tohave a choice as to which one I'll drive that day. Trouble with both of them. Is they both take premium Gas. grrrrrr But thats OK.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:21 PM

Tie between Black 1965 Impala SS 396/425 horse, Turbo 400 & Red 1970 Chevelle SS 454 ...

-Mark

Old 02-04-2011, 12:32 PM

You guys with the old Chevelle's are my heroes... When looking for a good, old, sporty car a couple years ago, I tried finding an early 70's Chevelle. Unfortunately I couldn't afford one unless it was a rustbucket. I didn't have the time / money to restore one from scratch. I ended up with the old Jag instead. They're dirt cheap, even in good condition, because so many people are scared off by the hype / bad publicity concerning maintenance / reliability. Only some of the criticism is warranted (electronics are over-engineered). Like most old cars, good preventive maintenance does wonders.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:49 PM

You guys have had some bitchn rides. I myself have been threw several rides. The nicest car I had was my 86 Regal that I took the frame out of for my Monte.

My Favorite car was my first 78 Monte. It came from a police auction in texas. Im guessin it was stolen as everything was spray bombed black, engine, interior, exterior, and rims. After much clean up I found a chrome engine and new Cragars under the paint. I was sixteen and beat the crap outta it. This car is the reason Im building the Monte Im building today. I miss it bad.

My funnest car was a Gr.Am I paid 50 bucks for and had for only two days. I took my mom out to the fire lanes to hit some mud and mom got in the moment and pulled the e brake and put us in a huge ditch. We left the car sittin and had a nice long walk back to the house. I wish I could have got this Monte built befor my mom died. At times it seems pointless to finish the build. Im all ways askin whats the point.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:25 PM

Man... bob, do it in memory of your mom... that would be a good pushing point.

The car I miss(and im still hunting pics) is my 95 sherwood forest green monte carlo z34.
I got the car when I was 17 from my brother in law, his parents bought it for him as a graduation gift. He sold it to me on my 17tth birthday a couple of years after he and my sister got married. Great car. I had to redo the entire top end gasket set shortly after I got it as he didn't take any care of it.

I totalled it when I was 19. A guy pulled out in front of me in a dodge ram while I was going 45 in a 55.
got a contour for 8 years and my mom kept telling me I needed to get another monte as that's all she thought wouls suit me. That's why I bought this one and haven't regretted it yet.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:37 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
Great cars... Teacher.... no way you were doing cop chases and had a chopper on you dude.

I've had two cars... both are in my profile picture
It was a crazy night. I was at the street races when the cops came in. We all scattered and there were 4 of us with WRX's running through the industrial area at over 100 mph. There was a cop chasing us and a helicopter following overhead. I doubt he was on us as you can't out run helicopters in my experience. We all hit the end of the industrial area and split up and the cop just stopped and turned around. Never again have I been or will I go to street races. To dangerous and not worth the risk.

Old 02-04-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Teacher
It was a crazy night. Never again have I been or will I go to street races. To dangerous and not worth the risk.

But our Teacher 4-got to mention that it was a hell of a adrenaline RUSH 4-SURE
when you drive a Monte Carlo : )

Great thread & great posts by member's ~> EnJoyed

Old 02-04-2011, 06:18 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

So many great cars. My favourite car I've owned so far is my Monte. But other than the Monte, it's my 1991 Cavi Z24. It wasn't expensive or a classic musclecar or anything like that, but it was a ton of fun to drive.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 PM

My '93 Lightning I bought new and my '74 Nova SS i got from my brother when i was 17 and my Monte i have now, three way tie.

Attached Thumbnails What was your Favorite Car?-scan0001.jpg   What was your Favorite Car?-scan0002.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks everyone for sharing. It has been fun seeing what your favorites were and are.

Who is next???

Quick Reply: What was your Favorite Car?