Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What was your Favorite Car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Exclamation What was your Favorite Car?

I can't remember us doing this for awhile, so what was your favorite car. Was it your Monte Carlo or something else and why? Share its story with the world and bonus points for pictures.

I will start. I have had many great cars and some very memorable ones for being a pos. The monte is up their as one of my favorites, but not at the top. I loved my firebirds for the raw power and t-tops. My Honda Del Sol was fun in the sun. Cruising with the targa top off was always fun. I can't say where the camaro will fit until I get to drive it. My favorite car was the only car I have bought new. It was a 2001 Subaru WRX. It was fast and built to last. I loved drifting corners in the snow and gravel while the all wheel drive clawed for grip. The rush of speed when the turbo spooled up and hit that magic number of 17 pounds of boost. The crazy pull of the TURBOXS chip that seemed to make the car come alive. The sweet sound of the blow off valve when I shifted or the low rumble from the flat four cylinder engine and the joy I got when all of the car alarms in the parking garage went off after I drove through. There were crazy nights in vegas involving police chases and helicopters, and she always brought me home. Topless trips when all in the car had to go topless thanks to the 5% tint and no one was the wiser. So many great memories, make this the favorite of all of my cars. I just wish I had some pictures of it when it had all of the mods on it, but none exist. Just a few in progress pics.

What was your favorite?

Last edited by Teacher; 02-03-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

My favorite car HAS to be the Monte, hands down.

But I will never forget my 95 Lumina. It was bought brand-new by my parents and it was a hand-me-down car from my sister to myself. I got it with 180,000 miles on it but it was strong, and comfortable and really taught me all about cars (since so much kept going wrong). I don't have any pictures of it, but I do miss the car. I ditched it when the headgasket went because I didn't have the time or money to fix it and needed to get a quick beater while I saved up for the Monte (bought from my parents as planned when they ordered it new)

The Subi looks like it was a lot of fun! I wouldn't mind one as a DD because of the AWD

Old 02-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Thumbs up Yes, I'm a Auto `Nut 4-Real ~> $ure : )

Hi Teacher `Todd,
Love your Favorite Ride 4 Sure...
I've been fortuante to have owned 3 cars so far.
A 95 Honda Del Sol VTEC that we mod'ed & put
a Garet Turbo on, (after I got caught Street Racing ), I traded
it even 4 a 2005 Superior Blue Monte LT, and
then traded it for my AweSome 2006 LT3 Monte Carlo
with a 3.9L 242 HP + it was"SpaceCharged" LOL

I sold it to pay for college
and I miss it so Much 4-Sure.
Now, I'm just driving a company Toyota Tacoma 4 Banger, but
it's a free benny...Still saving 4 another Monte , but my Monte Fund is growing slowly...2 many other obligations : (,
but I'm not giv'in `up hope ~> 4 Sure...
p.s., we still have the BeachBum Van, but it needs much `Love : ) & lots of $'s : )
----------------------------------
Look 4ward to seeing/reading what other member's post.
Thanks `Todd for all your super contributions to your
Monte Carlo Family..
=============
Peace/Out

Last edited by Space; 02-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:17 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i miss my 1986 Irock form back when I lived back in nebraska it will allways be my favorite car 42,000 mi on it

I have owned other one but non were as nice as this car ^^
i will get another on like it i had this 1987 I ROC last year but it still was not as good as this one was

Attached Thumbnails What was your Favorite Car?-p1070604.jpg  
Old 02-04-2011, 10:22 AM

..WoW `Keith, that's a SuperSuper beautiful IROC 4-Sure...
You are a Auto Loving Nut 4 Sure....Thanks 4 posting/sharing.. WoW, I just love this site & seeing/reading what every member has or had : ) I sure am thankful to be connected to the www & be a member on such a great auto forum ~>4-Real ~>`Sure : ) Thanks

Old 02-04-2011, 10:46 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Great cars... Teacher.... no way you were doing cop chases and had a chopper on you dude.

I've had two cars... both are in my profile picture

Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM

I don't know if it was my favorite (top 2 or 3 for sure) car, but I regret trading in my '03 Cavalier LS Sport the most. It had the 2.2 Ecotec backed by a Getrag 5 speed manual transmission. The last years ('03-'05) of the Cavalier all had this engine, which ended up being the base engine in the Cobalts. I can't say enough about this engine and this car, it was so fun to drive. It had decent power and got 30+ mpg all day long without even trying. I say "decent power" because we all wish our cars had more, even if realistically for daily driving they have enough. High 15's in the quarter mile stock and over 30 mpg, yeah, I was satisfied. Because I have 2 young daughters, I thought I needed a small 4 door 4x4 SUV, so I traded it in on my '01 Tracker. Worst decision of my life. The Tracker's been rock solid reliable (as was the Cavalier), but is so boring to drive. This is kind of how I ended up with my Monte. I wanted another fun to drive coupe, but with more room this time. I ended up compromising, because you can't get a manual transmission in a '95+ Monte.
Please excuse the dealer decal in the pics.:p

Old 02-04-2011, 11:48 AM

My favorite "Car" would have to be my 02 monte, but if you'll allow trucks in the discussion, then my favorite would have to be the '96 1/2ton Chevy Silverado I bought in 98 with 30,000miles. I loved that truck, had the vortec 350, auto transmission. It would haul anything you could put in it all day long.
I regret ever getting rid of it, but after I got out of the Corps, I moved up to MI and thought I just had to have 4 wheel drive, so I traded it in on a 99 Z71.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:49 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

It's the Monte. Best looking, fastest, and most comfortable car I've had so far.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:11 PM

I've owned a variety of cars over the years. Most were not that memorable. Most were purchased for 'practicality' reasons. It wasn't until recently that the wife and I had the ability to expand our horizons a bit and look beyond just what was practical. The Monte was the first decent and sporty car we purchased. It held the title of 'Favorite' for a few years. But my current old car, a 1990 Jaguar XJ-S (V-12, 5.3L), is by far my new favorite.

I bought the XJ-S from another retired military guy. He and his Dad were XJ-S fanatics. They were the original owners and took great care of it. He had two others in the driveway when I went to buy this one. It's a thrill to drive. Not a scorcher off the line (3-speed automatic TH-400 tranny), but a great, strong cruising engine. Handles like an old sports car should. Tight suspension, holds a line firm even with spirited driving. Built like a tank. It's just a blast. And I love the styling. Much sharper than newer Jag's in my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails What was your Favorite Car?-90-xj-s-v-12-driver.jpg   What was your Favorite Car?-90-xj-s-v-12-dash.jpg   What was your Favorite Car?-90-jag-xjs-rear-seat.jpg   What was your Favorite Car?-90-jag-xjs-v-12-engine.jpg  

Last edited by Sparky-88; 02-04-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo

Quick Reply: What was your Favorite Car?