Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

?>What would you do with $1K<?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 03:20 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi`Chad, I should clarify , a few of Grandpa Space's & my boss have friends that pay high electric bills for their big homes. They do invite me to swim in their pool and to special functions, but I just can't stop in & drive their super cars (LOL)....I've met many affluent people in Florida & they have more $'s then sin. Many don't seem that happy...Presently, I don't even have a car & I sold my condo & staying with my uncle until I know my next assignment. (Oh, his electric bill is around $50 a month (LOL) in his condo. (about 1500 Sq ft)

Home prices are going up in Florida.

I remember Space showing me pictures of your Super Home & it's Big & Beautiful Oh, where will you move next ?

I'm not going to buy a home until I settle down to one location, but I want to take a Road Trip and explored many other states b-4 I decide. I'm saving my money now & investing.

Thanks for your post & details of your weather. I've been there on the web (I've been everywhere on the web and have explored every state and many countries. It's a free ride, but it's never like being there...

Peace/Out from a Bum
s Florida Real Estate Market

www.naplesdwell.com640 × 374Search by image
It seems as if builders of Naples Florida luxury homes cannot build fast enough to meet demand. The Naples luxury real estate market is going up, up and up.

I like the one below...

http://miamirealestate.alexshay.com/...ngID=A10061593

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-02-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
I remember Space showing me pictures of your Super Home & it's Big & Beautiful Oh, where will you move next ?[]
Thanks, I appreciate it!

I really have 2 goals for our next move:
-move closer to the "action". We were originally drawn to the small town we're in now because it reminded us of home. However, after dealing with a long commute for years, and a healthy drive to do anything fun on the weekends (car shows, cruise ins, etc), I'm ready to move closer to it. I know that'll cost more, and we'll get less square footage, but at this point, I'm ok with that.
-I need a lot more garage space. We currently have a 3 car, but it's a tight 3 car. The 3rd bay is literally bumper to bumper on length. Any larger project ties up both of the full size bays. It also means, I end up with cars parked in our small driveway leaving less room for guests. Even if the next place doesn't have a huge garage, it needs land to be able to build one. I'm ok taking on more of a project house next time and putting some money into it. As long as we get into a good area (see goal 1), I wouldnt mind making it a permanent home.

As for the garage requirements of the next place, id ideally like a 2 car attached garage where I can park the DD cars out of the sun / dust and make it easy to unload groceries and not worry about having to work on cars around them. Then I'd like space for a separate building with a double wide bay with a lift, a place to park 2 or 3 other projects (outside of the one I'm working on), and a place to store stuff (aftermarket parts waiting to go on, spare parts, etc).

Old 05-02-2016, 06:46 PM

Hi `Chad, seems like a great plan for your love of auto's 4-Sure. I know that I will never have a nice car unless I have a good garage or auto bedroom. My last car had to stay under a carport & I still had to clean it everyday.

Now is the time to be looking. Home rates are still down & they are predicted to rise again. + I don't know about your area, but the prices of homes are starting to climb.

I've looked @ a few homes that were foreclosures, but I didn't buy, but one of my uncle's friend did & he flipped it and made big $ profit. He also goes to home auctions & buys. He has a crew he put 2gether that does home improvements & they are good. I'm sure you will do you homework. I don't know about your area, but you should check with the banks on foreclosures in the area's that you desire. www.Zillow.com has many listing in the USA. Oh, type in your address on Zillows, and they have estimate on what your present home is worth + more. I find it an amazing site if you are looking for a home or just dreaming...

Good Luck on finding your next dream home...It's an adventure, like life...

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-02-2016 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:12 AM

Clothes, shoes, a hair cut, massage... There's a thousand right there

Old 05-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Talking What would U `Do $ ?

Originally Posted by Habbibie
Clothes, shoes, a hair cut, massage... There's a thousand right there

We sure live different life styles 4-Sure Hahhibie. You live `HIGH

Shop @ Walmart/Target >Cloths $100 >Shoes $20>Hair cut>$10>Lady friend gives massage>`Free ($870 Remaining)
Take 3 friends and me to dinner/drinks$160 >$ + $40 Tip ($670 remaining) & then go Go Kart racing $100.00 ( $570 Remaining.)
then go on a night cruise on the ocean with beverages $200 ($370 remaining)....then Play & dance on the beach (`free: )...
Give $100 to a homeless beach couple ($270 remaining) & then go to Denny's for Breakfast $50 including tip ($220 remaining)
Save it towards another get 2gether with friends.... It's always good to save a few $'s ( 4 another Party with friends to celebrate `Life

Last edited by BeachBumMike; 05-03-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Talking More like me below (LOL)

Or you could go to Savation Army & get cloths for $30, shoes for $5, cut your own hair (free) and give yourself a massage (LOL)
Take 3 friends & Self to Mcdonalds $30 ($935 remaining) Go ride bikecyles together on the beach `free, Rent kayak's for all
$ 40 ($895Remaining) buy hot dogs and supplies and roast them on the beach ($25.00) >($870 Remaining)...
Give $100 to homeless couple & share our hot dogs & Pepsi's..($770 Remaining)....Dance & Play frisbe on the beach `free.
Midnight swim in the Ocean `free. Play guitar & sing >`free. Go back to condo & crash out `Free $770 saved to get a new Camaro (lol)...
OK, whose next ?

Old 05-04-2016, 08:15 AM
Question I don't know, I just don't know...Do You ?