Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

?>What would you do with $1K<?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question ?>What would you do with $1K<?

Hi Member's,
What would you do with ($1K) one thousand dollars that
you had to spend on yourself in one week ?

Something for your Monte ?
Something for yourself ?

Post & let us know `OK
Oh, it's free to post on the MCF

Old 04-30-2016, 04:52 PM

Monte of the Month -- February 2015
Monte Of The Month -- April 2017
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

I would do some work on the 02 Monte. It will take about that much too...lol You have 1K you are giving out BBMike??

Old 04-30-2016, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by P343
I would do some work on the 02 Monte. It will take about that much too...lol You have 1K you are giving out BBMike??

LoL `Barbara, I will if I win the power ball tonight. My lady friends parents gave me a lotto ticket last night @ dinner. I was surprised . Maybe they think I should be rich like them if I'm going to continue to date their daughter (LOL)... It was a nice gesture & gift & I'm thankful. Her father even picked up the check @ dinner last eve...I tried, but he insisted that he pay + the tip. After I seen what the amount was, I was happy (LOL)...They are fun to be with & I had a good time.

Thanks for being the 1st member to post on this thread to keep our forum active and fun. I guess I should've made the dream amount $10K instead of $1k ? Do you think more member's would participate ? "Dreams are where we want to `go and work is how we get there"...I dream a lot, but I also Dream `it, plan `it and work my plans...Sometimes I succeed, and sometimes I fail, but I keep dreaming. Dreams are still `free, put making them come true take a lot of work for me.

OK, whose next to post or donate their $1K to Barbara ? or me ? or ? Your turn to post

Old 04-30-2016, 06:46 PM

Rust repair! Found a garage that is willing to do the work properly but cutting out the bad area, cleaning up around it, weld in new, prep and paint.

Looking at the bad right rear, the only beginning left rear, and the area just behind the wheels on the front fenders... All for $600-$800, pending he grinds down and then gives me my final quote after seeing the right rear damage that's been done.

Can't stand rust. It's the only thing keeping this car from looking like brand new. It already runs like like it at almost 95k on the clock, but I can't stand the rust. Looks like hell. Must be clean!!!

May even have them undercoat / rubberize around the wheel wells if he thinks it'll help. Moisture that's been within the pinch welds might be a lost cause at this point, but we'll see. Fingers crossed!

In addition to that, an SS spoiler on the rear. Otherwise that's a solid $1,000 well-spent!

Last edited by SkippyThorson; 05-01-2016 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Autocorrect Incorrect
Old 04-30-2016, 07:38 PM
Thumbs up Thanks for posting

Hi Skippy & thanks for your super in-depth post
on what you would do with $1K dollars
I like your plan & the price to repair seems good

Stay positive and lets hope you win some $'s or find a way to
get the funds. Maybe one of our rich member's will
donate to your Monte Wish List.
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/of...ney-%24-56076/

Also, click above & check out 44 ways + to make $'s.
Where's there's a will, there's a way.
Wish you Good Luck.
Thanks again for your post and contribution.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:37 PM

Pilot super sport tires for the back of the vette, a 3.6" pulley, 5 gallons of straight meth, and a tune touch up to account for the meth.

Realistically, summer is almost here, so Id only be able to use it a few more weeks before it's too hot to enjoy cruising.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Talking Your rides are 2 hot for me & so is where U live : )

Hi `Chad, thanks for your post & your performance items for your Super Corvette. Power & better hook-up

I didn't think it got that hot that you couldn't enjoy cruising
It gets super hot in Florida during the Summer Day's, but after the sun goes down it cools off (But, I reside by the ocean)..It does get warmer inland.

Is it like that all summer ? I bet your A/C bill is high
Question of the eve ? How much performance is lost using a/c in your Corvette ?

Thanks for your contributing and keeping our forum active

Old 05-02-2016, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by BeachBumMike
I didn't think it got that hot that you couldn't enjoy cruising

It gets super hot in Florida during the Summer Day's, but after the sun goes down it cools off (But, I reside by the ocean)..It does get warmer inland.

Is it like that all summer ?
I guess it depends on the person as to what is 'too hot', but I do know the car scene falls apart in the middle of summer out here. The car shows stop for a few months and cruise ins minimize drastically in attendance. Plus, unless you're lucky enough to have AC in your garage, it's usually too miserable to do any decent size projects.

I would say the most impacted months are June through August. May and September are usually hot during the day, but like you say - it cools down enough at night to still be reasonable.

I guess that's the tradeoff for having beautiful weather the rest of the year.

I bet your A/C bill is high
Mid summer can get up to $400/mo. We've got a 5 ton AC for upstairs, a 3.5 ton for downstairs, plus I've got a monster window AC unit in the garage.

Question of the eve ? How much performance is lost using a/c in your Corvette ?
Honestly, I can't tell if it's on power wise. With the OEM tires, I can't got WOT in 1st or 2nd without tire spin. Even 65 mph on the highway, if I downshift to 2nd and nail it, it will haze the tires and start sliding the back end out. So if a little performance is lost from the AC running, I don't see it as a big deal since I can't give it everything anyways.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:14 AM

Hi `Chad & thanks for your reply, plus keeping the forum active.

Yes, were we live is a trade `off. The bad days are a reminder to really enjoy the good days. You're lucky that your heat is dry, ours is hot and humid.

Have you considered solar panels for electric ? I thought your electric bill had to be high, but $400 a month isn't 2 bad for summer.
A few of my friends pay over $1K in the summer, but they have large homes & a pool +.

WoW, your Corvette has a lot of Power. I see why you put performance tires down on your $1k list (LOL)...

It has to be a real `Blast to drive your Corvette...Thanks again for your post & being active on the MCF

Old 05-02-2016, 02:31 PM

I can't imagine a $1k electric bill, that's really steep!

I really like the idea of solar, but it isn't a good fit for us right now. The cost is too high for how soon we'd like to move. Even our worst case projections on when we'll move don't allow for us to break even, even with a basic system. If our bill was that high year round, it would be different- but our 'winter' costs are usually $50-60 a month.

The dry heat definitely helps, but anything over 110 feels bad IMO. Plus, we get monsoon season around August where humidity can climb for days after a good sized storm.