Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What should I do first?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 02:41 AM
Default What should I do first?

I'm going back and forth on what I should do first. I have a Monte Carlo which is stock, visually, but I've replaced the interior speakers and added some generic 12" subs. I have the stock deck, the mids and highs are run off the stock 200 watt amp and the subs were tied into the system via high/low converter and is being powered by a 250 watt amp. It sounds alright but i'm an audiophile and can't wait to upgrade the head unit/amp for mids/highs, and upgrade the subs/sub amp so it sounds nice and clean. But at the same time, summer is right around the corner and some 20" rims would have me on bling status..............what should I do, get the rims and tires first or finish the stereo system first and get the rims/tires by next summer?

Old 04-30-2006, 06:20 AM
Default RE: What should I do first?

get the stero and why your at ill take one to,
i want the pioneer nav system

Old 04-30-2006, 11:00 AM

Go for the sound system upgrade....

What kind of 20's are you looking at??

Old 04-30-2006, 11:35 AM

buy a five channel amp that can take care of everything...

i have a HIFONICS zeus and it takes care of the subs and component speakers....

you need to have a stereo that catch's peoples attention so they look at your car and notice the rims more!! lol

Old 05-01-2006, 01:19 AM

Mickey, I'll get right on that...........and I'll make sure to send it to the same place you sent Montejass' Bar B Q

montejass: I'll be getting some Zenetti's

TBM: show me a 5ch amp that puts out 100 watts rms x 4@ 4ohms and 700 watts rms x 1 @ 2 ohms that costs less than $500 and I'm all over it

Old 05-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005

i would get the system im not lookin at bigger rims if i do they will be 16 maybe 18 cuz the bigger the rims the slower you go

Old 05-02-2006, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: big green dog

i would get the system im not lookin at bigger rims if i do they will be 16 maybe 18 cuz the bigger the rims the slower you go
please tell me you're joking

Old 05-02-2006, 10:13 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

well you could put the monte on 20's and have the same outer diameter on the tires, so tires would still spin just as many times but engine would have to work harder to spin them because they're about 20lb heavier each rim at least

my 20's on my truck weigh about 50lb ea

but its all up to the person what they do first...personally i'd do rims and leave the sytem the way it is for now...its summer time now!! lol

i'm lookin at dub esinem 20" rims for the monte...but not too sure if i'm gonna do it...prolly should keep it the way its supposed to look

Old 05-02-2006, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

well you could put the monte on 20's and have the same outer diameter on the tires, so tires would still spin just as many times but engine would have to work harder to spin them because they're about 20lb heavier each rim at least

my 20's on my truck weigh about 50lb ea

but its all up to the person what they do first...personally i'd do rims and leave the sytem the way it is for now...its summer time now!! lol

i'm lookin at dub esinem 20" rims for the monte...but not too sure if i'm gonna do it...prolly should keep it the way its supposed to look
The best way I can put it is that I notice absolutely no difference in my car's performance when I have a passenger compared to when I don't. Now when I have a full car the difference is noticeable. That being said, this is a non-issue.

I feel you on the summertime thing, that was what I was battling with, but at the end of the day I think I would rather have a clean stereo system in a stock car than some dubs on a car with a wack stereo system.

Old 05-02-2006, 02:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

thats the thing, you can't really do everything at once...and everybodies personal taste is different..do what you want to do, my truck that i'm selling now i did up slowly over about 2.5 years..but now its done

Quick Reply: What should I do first?