Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

> What other Vehicles do you own besides your Monte ? <

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 06:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

&gt; What other Vehicles do you own besides your Monte ? &lt;-20131026_112517-1.jpgI have a 08 dodge charger, had to say goodbye to my ford explorer lol

Last edited by jakefluker; 11-29-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 07:28 PM

I also have an 86 cutlass supreme 2-door

Old 11-29-2013, 11:12 PM

I've got a few other cars too. I guess I'll start with the boring ones first:

-01 Camaro V6 auto. Bought it as a long term project for the monte's RWD conversion. Short term plan is to keep fixing it up, spray it all one color- and drive it a bit. It is a t-top car, so it is rather nice to cruise in. Car is bone stock, but looks terrible since it was in a front end wreck. All the front end pieces are replaced, but none of the colors match anymore (primered front bumper, red drivers fender, rust colored hood, all on a dark green car, lol). Has about 100k miles on it, but I bought it because it was cheap (cost less than the wheels for my Impala), drove really nicely, and is completely rust free.

-08 Impala LS. This is the 'work truck' of the bunch. I use it whenever I need to get supplies for a project, and also when we need to haul a bunch of people. I drive it occasionally to work- but usually my wife takes it. Has about 65k on it now. Honestly have had tons of electrical problems with it - starting issues (engine wiring harness replaced under warranty), power door lock failure, HVAC blend door motor failed, shifter lock wire harness came apart (wire broke because the harness was stretched too tight), occasional shift issues, etc etc. Honestly, this will probably get sold once we have a kid since my wife wants an SUV instead. All of the issues appear to be fixed for now, but we'll see what pops up next...

Mods are pretty minimal- but still had to do something since they look so bland stock. It's got tint (was done after this pic was taken), and some 20"s as seen in the pic.

Name:  302688_10100790011422708_977285128_n.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  96.9 KB

-07 GP GXP. Relatively stock also. Has a K&N HAI, DMH cutout after the cat, and tint. Otherwise stock. Been a rather nice car, I just don't drive it much anymore. Only has about 20k miles on it, so it's in almost perfect shape. Kind of an oddball in that I don't really know what to do with it in the long term. I don't plan to keep modding it, since the gains aren't really worth the cost- especially when mod money can go to the other cars. I drive it to work occasionally, and it is more fun than the Impala for sure- just nowhere near as fun as the vette. As such, it does more sitting than anything.

Pic is a little older from when we were still in the apartment:

Name:  DSC03325.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  106.1 KB

-09 LS3 vette.

Picked this up about 9 months ago. Definitely a blast to drive. Been using it as a DD about 80% of the time. Not a whole lot of mods yet- I added a HUD from an up level trim car (which sucked since I had to pull pretty much the whole dash out), Corsa extreme exhaust, Elite Engineering catch can, and a few other super minor things. She's got almost 30k on her now with all the driving to work this year.

Definitely want to do more modding to this- next up is headers, followed by a suede steering wheel since the stock one really sucks (it's the same basic wheel used in almost all the chevys of that year).

Name:  IMAG0114_zps5ba7f105.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  95.9 KB

Old 11-29-2013, 11:31 PM

So he is stlll alive
Originally Posted by bumpin96monte
I've got a few other cars too. I guess I'll start with the boring ones first:

-01 Camaro V6 auto. Bought it as a long term project for the monte's RWD conversion. Short term plan is to keep fixing it up, spray it all one color- and drive it a bit. It is a t-top car, so it is rather nice to cruise in. Car is bone stock, but looks terrible since it was in a front end wreck. All the front end pieces are replaced, but none of the colors match anymore (primered front bumper, red drivers fender, rust colored hood, all on a dark green car, lol). Has about 100k miles on it, but I bought it because it was cheap (cost less than the wheels for my Impala), drove really nicely, and is completely rust free.

-08 Impala LS. This is the 'work truck' of the bunch. I use it whenever I need to get supplies for a project, and also when we need to haul a bunch of people. I drive it occasionally to work- but usually my wife takes it. Has about 65k on it now. Honestly have had tons of electrical problems with it - starting issues (engine wiring harness replaced under warranty), power door lock failure, HVAC blend door motor failed, shifter lock wire harness came apart (wire broke because the harness was stretched too tight), occasional shift issues, etc etc. Honestly, this will probably get sold once we have a kid since my wife wants an SUV instead. All of the issues appear to be fixed for now, but we'll see what pops up next...

Mods are pretty minimal- but still had to do something since they look so bland stock. It's got tint (was done after this pic was taken), and some 20"s as seen in the pic.

-07 GP GXP. Relatively stock also. Has a K&N HAI, DMH cutout after the cat, and tint. Otherwise stock. Been a rather nice car, I just don't drive it much anymore. Only has about 20k miles on it, so it's in almost perfect shape. Kind of an oddball in that I don't really know what to do with it in the long term. I don't plan to keep modding it, since the gains aren't really worth the cost- especially when mod money can go to the other cars. I drive it to work occasionally, and it is more fun than the Impala for sure- just nowhere near as fun as the vette. As such, it does more sitting than anything.

Pic is a little older from when we were still in the apartment:

-09 LS3 vette.

Picked this up about 9 months ago. Definitely a blast to drive. Been using it as a DD about 80% of the time. Not a whole lot of mods yet- I added a HUD from an up level trim car (which sucked since I had to pull pretty much the whole dash out), Corsa extreme exhaust, Elite Engineering catch can, and a few other super minor things. She's got almost 30k on her now with all the driving to work this year.

Definitely want to do more modding to this- next up is headers, followed by a suede steering wheel since the stock one really sucks (it's the same basic wheel used in almost all the chevys of that year).

Old 11-30-2013, 02:10 PM

Thats a sweet corvette. Nice car

Old 11-30-2013, 02:34 PM

2000 Audi A4, just got rid of my 1998 Prelude too...neither of them beat the SS though!

&gt; What other Vehicles do you own besides your Monte ? &lt;-audi.jpg

&gt; What other Vehicles do you own besides your Monte ? &lt;-prelude.jpg

Last edited by Brotan3; 11-30-2013 at 03:01 PM.