Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

what is goin on?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default what is goin on?

why is it that people try and mod a neon or a civic and make it fast...its still a damn neon, get over it. does anyone know?

Old 10-09-2007, 07:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: what is goin on?

because they think its a sports car? fast and the furious movies? i don't know either

Old 10-09-2007, 07:31 PM

yah idk but even in the fast and the furious they rnt that fast....confusing but its prolly just rice runnin them neways

Old 10-09-2007, 08:17 PM

cos people buy into the hype. people in general are unintellegent so w/e i say to each their own but dont try to push your stuff into my face

Old 10-09-2007, 08:30 PM

very true as long as they dont bother me too much ill let them b

Old 10-09-2007, 10:14 PM

well... some are actually kinda fast

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...dge-srt-4.html

"60 mph in 5.6 seconds and the quarter-mile in 14.1 seconds at 102 mph. It blurs the telephone poles at 153 mph"

and then for 04 it got 15hp more

Old 10-09-2007, 11:11 PM

I think it has to do with money. People cant afford a high power car right off the bat, so they try to make them the way they wished they bought them.

Old 10-10-2007, 01:09 AM

I used to own a neon ( actually traded it in for my monte-best decision ever haha) and I can understand where they are coming from. So many of those cheap budget cars on the market you feel the need to make it stand out from the rest. Also a large majority of the owners are young and going fast and trying to prove everybody wrong is all they think about. srt-4 owners are probably the worst of the bunch IMO. There are some really cool srt4 owners out there but the a-holes seriously outweigh the mature ones haha

Old 10-10-2007, 05:59 AM

Yeah. Id have to agree. The SRT-4 is a very quick and cheap machine, and it is fast, but just like any perfomance car, be it a MC or a super neon, I find most neon owners dont have respect for the power the car has, and will likely write it off within the first year of ownership anyhow. lol

Old 10-10-2007, 06:28 AM

I think the whole thing started when the Japanese street racing scene somehow became popular with kids in the U.S. I don't recall when Civics with exhaust tips the size of sewer pipes first started showing up on the streets, but it's been quite a few years ago. Who knows how things like this get started? Maybe it's a result of the "feminization" of the American male, or kids just wanting to make an outrageous personal "statement" in public - similar to piercings, tats, or the gothic thing in that respect.

The SRT-4 is a pretty serious car. Before I bought my SS, the local Chrysler dealership happened to have a nice 05 with 20K miles. I took it for a drive (out of curiousity more than anything else), and it was indeed fast, and handled well. However, there was lots of engine and tire noise, and there wasnever any doubt in my mind thatI was in a Neon (loved thefront seats, though). I also test-drove an 05 Crossfire SRT-6, but that's a whole different ball game.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that 20 or 30 years from now, we're not going to see any of today's ricers being offered at Barrett-Jackson.

Quick Reply: what is goin on?