Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What do radio stations NOT play enough?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: What do radio stations NOT play enough?

I haven't got one yet, but one of the nice things about satellite radio is you can find a station that will play almost anything you're in the mood for.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

I dont listen to stations hardly anymore. Its the same in just about every station. DJs laughing to each others lame jokes. That's why i have over 7gigs of music in my car. If I'm not in the mood for a certain song or genre, i just go to the next folder.

Old 02-22-2009, 09:40 PM

I used to listen to the radio, but living in Wyoming it's not always easy to find something that plays what I want and comes in decently.

I usually use my iPod, 80gig that's full. I have over 130g of music/music videos on my external hard drive that I will probably put into my iPod once I get a larger drive for it. I have most songs that I've ever liked along with most of the newer stuff that bands I like have came out with.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I just signed up for the 3 month trial XM radio for the 05 and I love it. I hate commercials so I don’t like playing the regular radio. I do not have a tape deck in the 05 and hate the FM modulator for the ipod. When my XM trial expires I will be getting the USA Spec PA11 GM iPod interface for it so I can listen to my iPod. My Mini Cooper was wired for one and I really liked listening to my music.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:24 PM

yay for ipod connectivity. i got uwpwards of 15000 songs to choose from. something to suit all my moods.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:48 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

When my XM trial expires I will be getting the USA Spec PA11 GM iPod interface for it so I can listen to my iPod.
Please explain. Will this work on the 2004 Monte also? How much is the interface?

Like I said, I too tried the FM transmitter thing. And hated the constant hiss in the background. Brought it back to Best Buy the same day. And I really don't want to have to buy and install a whole new stereo just to play my iPod.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

ORIGINAL: Taz

ORIGINAL: AwsomeSS

When my XM trial expires I will be getting the USA Spec PA11 GM iPod interface for it so I can listen to my iPod.
Please explain. Will this work on the 2004 Monte also? How much is the interface?

Like I said, I too tried the FM transmitter thing. And hated the constant hiss in the background. Brought it back to Best Buy the same day. And I really don't want to have to buy and install a whole new stereo just to play my iPod.
Yes it will, just as long as the radio has an AUX, BAND, or DISC button. I am not sure if it will work with non XM radios. I know you will not get the text song display unless it is used in XM mode. I don’t think GM changed the radios in the Montes until 2006, so it will work with 2000-2005 stock radios. If you shop around you can get this interface for a little over $100.
Here is a link to more details about it:
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/pdf/pa11-gm.pdf

Old 02-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

you guys should just make mix CDsof the songs of the songs you like on your computer if youcannot connect your i pod. then you dont have to fiddle with the ipod to changethesong.. i dont think that itsillegal to make mix CDs as long as you paied for the original copy and you dont sell the new one...

the radio has a pretty good selection of stations by me, about 5 good rock stations (2 classic, 3 a good mix of newer and older), 2 country, 2 or 3 pop (god i hate pop) maby 1 rap ( which i hate more than pop) 1 classical, 1 lite rock (used to be the local station, format change from classic rockto lite rock ruined it)and the sentinary collage station, which is always good for something different. it dosent hurt the the monte picks up stations from philly and new york city.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:21 PM
THE JUDGE
10 Year Member

ORIGINAL: skylark65

you guys should just make mix CDs of the songs of the songs you like on your computer if you cannot connect your i pod. then you dont have to fiddle with the ipod to change the song. . i dont think that its illegal to make mix CDs as long as you paied for the original copy and you dont sell the new one...
Unfortunately if you burn a CD it only has room for about 15-18 songs depending on the size, and I do not think that our radios play MP3 files, so that’s a lot of CDs, and without a CD changer (I don’t even think GM made one for our radio (6th gen) that’s a lot of disc switching. Maybe I’m just too lazy to change the discs that often LOL!

Quick Reply: What do radio stations NOT play enough?