Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What color eyes ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 06:49 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What color eyes ?

[align=center]
Request from Moderator `Taz[/align][align=center]Subject: Eye Color [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]ReSearched/posted by Alien `Space[/align][align=center]Isn't it just amaz'in what one can learn on the MCF [/align][align=center]We try to give you something to read, when you've read[/align][align=center]all the other posts on the MCF.[/align][align=center]I sometimes wish that everyone was color/blind, &[/align][align=center]we looked @ a persons character, & not their color.[/align][align=center]"I see, said the blind man"[8D][/align][align=center]I've learned not to take my `sight 4-granted.[/align][align=center]I've seen to many elder's lose theirs : ([/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Genetics Encyclopedia:
Eye Color
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]
When someone asks, "What color are your eyes?" he should really be asking "What color are your irises?" because it is the iris that contains the pigment that determines the color of your eyes. Despite the fascination eye color holds for us, the genes responsible for it in humans are not well-known and are more complex than most people think.

Iris Structure

The iris is the most visible portion of the uveal tract, which is the middle compartment of the eye. The iris is made up of blood vessels and connective tissue, in addition to melanocytes and other pigmented cells that are responsible for its distinctive color.
The iris contains muscles that control its movement and allow for changes in the size of the pupil, controlling the amount of light that enters the eye and that ultimately reaches the retina[b]. Though its function is easily observed and obvious to any who look at it under varying lighting conditions, it is the appea

Old 03-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Default RE: What color eyes ?

Blue Eyes Versus Brown Eyes: A Primer on Eye Color
[:-]
[align=center]Do blue-eyed gals really have more fun? Are brown-eyed gents really more intelligent? For centuries people have been fascinated with eye color. Eye color, in all its many forms is a truly individual phenomena, resulting entirely from genetics. That said, there is much mystery and marvel surrounding the human eye. [/align]Genetics of Eye Color
Your genetics ultimately influences your eye color. While most people consider the basic eye colors brown, blue and green, there are actually many variants. These include:
[ul][*]Brown Eyes - The most common eye color in the world. Brown eyes range from light brown or honey to almost black. Light brown eyes are common in many ethnicities including among Africans, Asians and Caucasians. Brown is often considered more dominant than other colors.[*]Black Eyes - People with very dark colored irises appear to have black eyes. This is more common among Native Americans, Africans and Asians.[*]Hazel Eyes - This color combination is a mix of green and brown eyes. Hazel eyes are more common in people of European descent.[*]Blue Eyes - Blue eyes are considered more rare than any other color, and often found among people of European descent. Many consider vibrant blue eyes among the more desirable qualities.[*]Grey Eyes - Grey eyes are variant of blue eyes only much lighter. Grey eyes often include a combination of other tints including light blue or greenish. Still others may have a copper or honey colored ring surrounding the pupil of their eyes. This is a relatively uncommon eye color.[*]Green Eyes - Green eyes are among the most rare eye color and typically found among people in Germany or of Slavic origins.[*]Violet Eyes - This is even more rare than green eyes. Many believe violet eyes result when there is not enough pigment in the eye to color the blood vessels so they shine through causing a violet like color.[*]Red Eyes - This commonly occurs in people who have a condition called albinism and results when the eye lacks any pigment. [/ul][align=center]Changing Your Eye Color
There are many rumors existing about eye color. Some people say for example that brown eyes are a symbol of intelligence, whereas blue eyes are more a sign of sweetness and sensitivity. Green eyes are often associated with a sensual personality or mischievous spirit. [/align]If you have the chance, at some time or another you should consider changing your eye color. This is a simple and fun way to enhance your appearance or accessorize your look without spending a fortune on make up or jewelry.
Color contact lenses are now available even for those that don't require prescription lenses. While you will need a prescription to get color contacts, anyone can use them. You can even buy color contact lenses in disposable format these days.
Color contact lenses are unique because they allow the wearer to change their eye color. You can opt to change your eye color only minimally (say from blue to blue-green) or dramatically (from blue to brown or green).
There are also color contact lenses referred to as "costume" lenses that allow you to change the shape of your eye so you have the appearance of having "star" or "cat like" pupils.
If you do wear prescription lenses you can get color contacts that match your prescription. Most are inexpensive and provide the wearer a fun new way of expressing themsel

Old 03-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month - April 2008

Hazel here. Depending on what color I where, they'll look more greenthan brown.

Old 03-05-2008, 10:34 AM

i have hazel as well...kinda like dusty bird mine change with what i wear but for me the orange gets brighter or duller depending on what i wear...kinda scares ppl lol

Old 03-05-2008, 01:31 PM

Brown.

Although when I was little they were dark enough that most people thought they were black, now they're just a darker brown.

Old 03-05-2008, 01:56 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center]LOL `Garrett, "When I was wittle : )"[/align][align=center]__________________________________________[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I wonder how many images one see's in a life time ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really love watching the `sunrise everyday, I love[/align][align=center]seeing all that was created by the Master Creator,[/align][align=center]and all that was created by `man.[/align][align=center]Like the Monte Carlo [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My grandfather taught me when I was down, to think about[/align][align=center]those that can't see, walk, hear, or the one's that have[/align][align=center]lost a limb or limbs.[/align][align=center]It's difficult to be depressed, when there are many that live[/align][align=center]without what we have.[/align][align=center]I post, just to remind myself.[/align][align=center]We as North American's, still have it better then the[/align][align=center]majority of those on our planet.[/align][align=center]I share, what I have been taught. I hope it reminds a few[/align][align=center]that are reading these words.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/`Space[/align][align=center][:-]
[IMG]local://upfiles/714/1174EAEBFF1A4A6CA0B1F1C775395937.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I am thankful, `amen[/align]

Old 03-05-2008, 02:47 PM

Blue for me.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:26 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

My eyes were the "most beautiful blue eyes" as a child, according to everyone who knew me. My grandmother was proud because I was the only one of the grandchildren with "the Irish eyes". However, as I have gotten older they can appear more green and sometimes more blue...

If I were blue, they look more blue.. if I were black, they look more green... I have a screwy eye color.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:47 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Green here. It must come from the ol' Irish genes my mother provided. Cause when I was young........ my eyes WERE brown. (As are my middle sisters)

The oldest & youngest sisters both have blue eyes.

I'm the only one with green.

And my father's 50% native american. His eyes are dark.

My g/f Deb has eyes that appear not to have any iris. Everything's all one color or so they seem.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Wow. Thanks Space. Where were you a few years ago when I had to write a report for school on eye color? lol. Thought I'd throw the challenge out there for ya, and you came up aces. Good work dude. Ya did better than I did. lol.

Mine are green. No German, Slavic, or Irish in my blood.

Quick Reply: What color eyes ?