Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

What brand of tires

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 02:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member
Default What brand of tires

So can I hear what kind & brand of tires everyone is running on their M/C ? Ohh and if you could. Some pictures. I'll need tires beofre winter set in. A friend has Nito or something close to that. on his SS. Thanks Rick

Old 11-03-2010, 03:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bought Toyo Versado LX tires a couple years ago to replace the factory Goodyear's. It's a decent all season tire, but not overly spectacular in either winter or summer performance wise. But since they're a "luxury touring" tire, they ride like a dream. I had hoped they would've performed better in the snow, but I noticed typical all season performance in the snow. Great tire if all you care about is ride comfort, and not so much about actual performance.

How ever, last year I decided to bite the bullet and just spring for a second set of rims with snow tires to use in the winter. And when the all season Toyo's need to be replaced, I'll put real performance tires on my summer rims.

Old 11-03-2010, 03:35 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I bought Goodyear Eagle GTs for the 05 and I like them

Old 11-03-2010, 03:46 PM

1 Year Member

wait a min !! Did you just run outside and take a picture of your tire for me ? WOW!!!! Thanks

Old 11-03-2010, 03:54 PM

I run Goodyear Tripletred Assurance. They have a cool tread pattern http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rtnum=25VR7ATT

Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 PM

When I bought her two weeks ago, she needed new tires BAD all the way around. The dealer I bought her from owns a tire store next door, and sold me some Yokohama Avid Touring S's for $125 apiece installed. Unfortunately the car isn't here, she's in the shop getting a wheel hub replaced and some transmission work done, so I can't take pictures, but here's one from the day I bought her just after the tires went on.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:01 PM

1 Year Member

THanks Tiffany. Car looks good

Old 11-03-2010, 06:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I run Pirelli Pzero nero's in the summer and Cooper Weathermasters on 15" steelies in the winter. The coopers are great in the snow. Havent gotten stuck anywhere, even when we got 20+ inches all at once this winter. The Pirellis are M+S rated so they are technically all seasons but with the ultra high performance rating, I wouldnt trust them in the snow. They did alright when I ran them with a dusting on the road. Havent run them in the winter. They do however grip awesome in the summer.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:01 PM
Default tires

Hey there....I have a set of Continentals that came with the car when I purchased it a year ago. Theyr'e not as attractive as some of the others that are out there but they drive real well . They seem to hold the road pretty good during a rain ( when I get caught in a rain ). I don't drive this in the snow.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:58 PM

Goodyear NASCAR Eagles on mine. My dad's running Sumitomos. Pics would have to wait til tomorrow.
They look good, but his Sumitomos are like new and one of them howls pretty bad. I actually swapped wheels/tires with my car to make sure it was the tires. Probably just one bad tire out of a million Sumitomos, but I'm not sure if I'd buy them after this experience?
I hate the thought of $150+ each to replace my Goodyears, but I like the raised white letters. So far the only other company I've found that makes a raised white letter tire in this size is Bridgestone and they cost more than the Goodyears.
Probably all a moot point, because I'm betting that your later model SS has bigger wheels than the 16's on my car and I doubt anyone makes a white letter tire for them.

Quick Reply: What brand of tires