Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

went to a car show kickin my self in the ars

Old 04-04-2010, 05:22 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default went to a car show kickin my self in the ars

well found a car show and seen some monte's there one was a 3rd gen. it stude out like a sore thumb because he has a inline 6 and twin turboed it. he told me before he put on the twin turbo and even thaught to put it in he wanted to do some thing different. so he did all the body and fram work do to it was in a accedent. while it was in the are he took off the frame and put in a new one and set it up for a inline six with 5 speed. first off the thing sounds mean i mean sounds like a v8 but only a i6 on top of that it is quick as hell. he had a dvd and a small screen showing him at a track stomping every thing except a guy in a twin turbo v6 mustang. they both stomped every one but he said they were even. he told me if they kept it up they both would have been band from the track and ran off due to how many people that were mad at them for losing to them. i went for a ride in his monte i wanted to well you know it is a car that can throw you into the seat and great on gas type of monte. ;P

Old 04-04-2010, 05:23 PM
15 Year Member

oh i forgot the camera thats why the ars

Old 04-04-2010, 06:10 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL I like how you left out the main point in your first post

Old 04-04-2010, 07:34 PM

First off, sounds like a cool setup- I always like seeing something different than the usual SBC in all the GM muscle cars.

he told me if they kept it up they both would have been band from the track and ran off due to how many people that were mad at them for losing to them.
The guy was pulling your leg. First of all, its not for money, so I don't see why anyone would care- most tracks only have money races for bracket racing- in which case he could get beat just as easily by a 20 second Honda. Secondly, there are a lot of people that go to the track that have much much faster cars- I mean heck, if this guy drives it on the street- I can't imagine it runs much quicker than 9's or 10's (and I'd bet even that's pushing it).

Old 04-04-2010, 08:39 PM
15 Year Member

thing is i would love to put my i6 that i have siting on a stand in a car and run a turbo setup in it. it's the 4.9 i6 ford made the series 300. i dont know what the chevy i6 is but it is a cool set up to run just to be different. just to run a i6 in a car the torqu just alone even with the hp setup you can do with it. the 300 i took out of my ford truck arter a blow out and roll over i did build it i know it must be pushing decent hp and torqu to boot. is it the torqu that gets you there and hp keeps you there. ;P thats why i like the i motor a little beter than the v style of the v6. ements torqu and pretty good hp a little less moving parts in away. no timing chane only gears the only down side is it is longer than a v6 and just as long as a v8

Old 04-04-2010, 11:07 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

omg i know the feeling man! i hate it when i forgot my camera when i go to car things or really anything that a camera would be useful

Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 AM

Hi `John,

If this the show ? They have it the first saturday or each month...
Take your camera next time Did you tell the guy with the Hot Rod Monte about the MCF
Mojo's Classic Car Show: First Saturday

Saturday, May 1 4:00p to 8:00p
at Mojo's Wings, Burgers, & Beer, Lakeland, FL
Mojo's located at 1836 East Memorial Blvd hosts a monthly classic card show every first saturday of the month. Free to attend, great specials on their full restaurant menu and full liquor bar.
Have a classic car to showcase? Just pull in and park, it's that simple. Averaging about 60 cars per showcase. read more

Price: Free
Age Suitability: All Ages
Tags: things to do, saturday, classic car show, lakeland, mojos

Mojo's located at 1836 East Memorial Blvd hosts a monthly classic card show every first saturday of the month. Free to attend, great specials on their full restaurant menu and full liquor bar.
Have a classic car to showcase? Just pull in and park, it's that simple. Averaging about 60 cars per showcase. 50/50 raffles and trophy's to the top 3 voted cars!
Come on out this saturday 4pm-8pm.

Event Website

Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 AM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i dont know what the chevy i6 is
I own two of them. The i6 was made more then just one year and one ci. output.

The two I own are both rated @ 235 cubic inches. There was also a 292 and a something like a 260.

If you search the web you should be able to locate a few web sites devoted to these engines.