Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Welcome To K&N Filters To MCF!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005 | 01:37 PM
Default RE: Welcome To K&N Filters To MCF!!

hey it's your car put in what you want, i told you what i was told, and i'm not put k&n in my car
that's all folks

Old 06-29-2005 | 02:17 PM

ORIGINAL: warpath

hey it's your car put in what you want, i told you what i was told, and i'm not put k&n in my car
that's all folks
I could have sworn you were the one talking about putting a filter in your car, not me[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Don't think for a minute that I was trying to talk you into getting a KandN filter cause honestly, I don't care for thier product. I mean, I like the flow increase, but their filtering capabilities when clean worry me. The only performance air filter that I know of that doesn't use oil is Blitz, but they don't make an intake or replacement filter for the Monte.

Old 06-29-2005 | 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

that's all folks
I could have sworn you were the one talking about putting a filter in your car, not me[sm=dontgetit.gif]

Don't think for a minute that I was trying to talk you into getting a KandN filter cause honestly, I don't care for thier product. I mean, I like the flow increase, but their filtering capabilities when clean worry me. The only performance air filter that I know of that doesn't use oil is Blitz, but they don't make an intake or replacement filter for the Monte.
Or at least for the 3.4L anyway....[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]

Old 06-29-2005 | 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

that's all folks

Or at least for the 3.4L anyway....[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
find one for your 3.8 and I'll buy it for you[sm=laughat.gif]

Old 06-29-2005 | 04:33 PM

Never said they made one for the 3.8L.....

But thanks for the offer, I'll have to take you up on that one day.....

TVW

Old 06-29-2005 | 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: tvanwinklehome

Never said they made one for the 3.8L.....

But thanks for the offer, I'll have to take you up on that one day.....

TVW
I don't know why you said anything, to be honest, the fact that they don't make one for the Monte sums it all up!

Hope you aren't holding your breath..........well, on second thought[sm=devilgrin.gif]

Old 06-29-2005 | 07:26 PM
15 Year Member

i have a K&N but that would not have been the first choice i made I was looking for somethign taht owuld have the ability to clean and replace instead of the paper filters that you throw away all the time.

As far as Blitz not making the CIA you can also get them for a camaro or a impala or even some of the buick regals and they will fit our cars to but if they make it or not i dont know i havent looked yet.

but all a cia is in reality is a facy chrome tub and a cone filter on it make one for that fact . just find a tube that will fit where thestock rubber hose is and then take your air box out and bend it till you get it where you want it. make sure you add all of the nessasary parts back in line with it when your done. have see several folks do this with tubing they have gotten from a hard ware store, they painted it instead of chrome but serves the same pupouse

but again i have the K&N if i do anythign else i will find a thrasher kit for mine or something liek that.

but have to off load some speedt hut guages first. I now have a inverter from spped hut to so they are complete!!!! just add them in and plug em up your done. look great to

BUT THEY HAVE FLAMES ON THEM!!! white face red flames

Old 06-29-2005 | 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i have a K&N but that would not have been the first choice i made I was looking for somethign taht owuld have the ability to clean and replace instead of the paper filters that you throw away all the time.

As far as Blitz not making the CIA you can also get them for a camaro or a impala or even some of the buick regals and they will fit our cars to but if they make it or not i dont know i havent looked yet.

but all a cia is in reality is a facy chrome tub and a cone filter on it make one for that fact . just find a tube that will fit where thestock rubber hose is and then take your air box out and bend it till you get it where you want it. make sure you add all of the nessasary parts back in line with it when your done. have see several folks do this with tubing they have gotten from a hard ware store, they painted it instead of chrome but serves the same pupouse

but again i have the K&N if i do anythign else i will find a thrasher kit for mine or something liek that.

but have to off load some speedt hut guages first. I now have a inverter from spped hut to so they are complete!!!! just add them in and plug em up your done. look great to

BUT THEY HAVE FLAMES ON THEM!!! white face red flames
Did you check out True Flow?

Not too sure where you are getting your info from, but to the best of my knowledge, Blitz only makes products for Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Daihatsu, Mitsubishi and Subaru.

I know what a CAI is, and it's not one where the filter is located under the hood. A true CAI has the filter located outside of the engine bay.

Old 06-29-2005 | 08:32 PM
15 Year Member

your corect a true CIA is out side of the engine bay and if you put the tubing in the car right you can have yours out side of the bay also. and it would be in one of two places in front og the rad (behind the grill and out of tsite Or in the fenderwell in the hole or hell even a third behind the front bumper. as far as where i got the info from belive it or not i looked it up and read about them I have a desing here for mine that i plan to make when i get some of the other things done that to me are more inportaint then having a steel tube under the hood with a cone on the end of it. i dont personally care for the look of them but i hate the Air box even more. si i had to come up with something.

and yes that is the models they MAKE THE CIA for but the cones for the most part can be fitted to anythign that has the same out side or inside dia. thatt he filter will fit. so in therory you could have the Blits filter if you so chose to do so.

free your mind and your *** will follow LOL

Old 06-29-2005 | 09:16 PM

Mickey, are you saying that there IS a Blits filter that will fit my Monte? Which one would you say works with my Monte? I need to sign up for my free filter...

TVW

Quick Reply: Welcome To K&N Filters To MCF!!