Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, November 30, 2011<Click Here 4 Fun?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 06:43 AM

With the exception of about 3 months after I bought my first car, I've always had at least two cars. As many miles as I have to put on it helps to spread those miles out between more than one vehicle. Plus, I have a backup if one breaks. Right now though (at least till I get the truck back) I don't have a backup (the Camaro is put away for the winter) and it has me real antsy. I don't not having a backup at all.

Old 11-30-2011, 06:52 AM

Hi `Sarge, I agree it's great to have a back up ride, but not everyone can afford 2 or 3 rides 4-Sure...
I hope you get your Monte checked out & find no problems or expense..Good Luck
If all else failed, check out Rent A Wreck
Seriously, they have low cost rentals if there are no other choices...Below is a link to see if any are close 2 U
Rent-A-Wreck.com - Car Rental - Rent a used car and save! 30 years of providing great cars and great service!

Old 11-30-2011, 06:56 AM

Good morning, Monte Carlo Forum. Not much going on here. I've been reading the Wall Street Jounal and the editorial section of the St. Louis newspaper. I can't really take care of business everyday till I've gone through the papers. Now excuse me while I have my breakfast of oatmeal and hot tea. Have a good day, everyone.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:09 AM

Good Morning `Angie,
WoW the Wall Street Journal & Tea & Oatmeal The other side of `Angie is revealed

Let us all read & have our `tea...We shall party later on the MCF...Sorry, I'm outa Bud & Cocoa
`Angie, wish you a SuperFunDay ~> EnJoy & thanks for checking in...Our Blog would not be the same without you~>4-Sure.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:18 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone,

Nm goin on here, gonna heat up my garage & finish my painting

Old 11-30-2011, 09:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sitting at home today. Boss called last night and said stay home. We didnt get any snow here but lots to the north. I will take the time to catch up a few things. Got a guy in Buffalo NY wanting to buy my Aero rims. He saw my CL ad for the car and wants the wheels since I have them off for the winter. Hard time to sell a car. May end up keeping it but if I do I wanted different rims next year anyways. Have a greeat day MCF.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone

Old 11-30-2011, 09:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning all !!
I just ordered the 100 years of Chevorlet DVD to play at car shows for next season.
I am ready for the Christmas prade this weekend here in Bend and then to put the car up for the rest of the winter .

Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM

Morning All,

Cold this morning (mid 30's) but at least the sun is starting to pop out. Should be cold but sunny the rest of the week.

Originally Posted by Wilco
What's up, Dave! I'm doing better! I had a slip and fall at Walmart about 2 months ago and was having problems with the left knee, landed on it, and the left hip, the one that was replaced. Some days it hurts like hell and others it's ok. I had to get me a lawyer because Claim Management, Walmart's lawyers, declined my claim stating that Walmart wasn't responsible for me falling in their store, lol, and won't pay my hospital bills after the fall. Its actually funny! How are you and the family? You want to take it easy now that the cold weather is here to stay, specially with a bad back.
Ouch!! Good luck with the claim. I assume that can be a lengthy process. Any idea when you'll actually go to court?

Family is doing great. My daughter is in Scotland as an exchange student at the Univ. of Dundee through May. My son is getting ready for his first starring role in a theater production at his high school. Opening night is tomorrow. My Mom flew into town yesterday to see him perform. My wife is swamped helping with costumes for the play. I've been busy building set pieces for the play the last few weeks. We'll finally get some downtime after the show ends this Sunday.

I read you got the Jaguar running and ready to sell it. That's a nice ride and if I had the dough I'd buy it. Maybe, if you still have by the time I win my court cases I'll take it off your hands.
Yeah, I thought it was dead. A valve push rod broke and damaged the cylinder head. But my mechanic has a new guy (former custom car builder) that was able to fabricate a couple parts that salvaged the cylinder head. Saved me BIG bucks and made it feasible to get it back on the road at a reasonable cost. Now I just need to clean it up a bit and put it up for sale. It probably won't sell fast; not much of a market for old Jag's right now.

I play BF3 on my PC and the graphics are awesome. Upgraded to a Zotac 580 GTX overclocked to 815 and 3 gb ddr5 memory. The game screams and I'll be installing liquid cooling this weekend on the cpu and the VC. It should be even faster then. I'm "Wilcopc1". I'll look you up once you go online. Nice to hear from you, Bud!
Sounds like a great system! Unfortunately, as far as I know, I won't be able to play online with you since I'm on the XBox platform.

Back to work for me. Have a great day, everyone.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning guys. looks like i get to work on my truck today..... AGAIN.... stupid ford, lol. went out yesterday and got a damn good cuban sandwich down in town and on the way home ( in the dark & rain) started having issues with the front brakes. fun.

also let my dad drive the monte into work today, because his van is running like crap... at least it's got the excuse of having 250k + miles.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, November 30, 2011<Click Here 4 Fun?