Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

did you keep DoD?

Old 07-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
did you keep DoD?
Naw Lew got rid of the DOD in his tune. MPG didn't take a big hit though Although I have to drive it more to really tell.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:52 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening everybody.

The staff already knows this, but I think I should explain myself here. I realize that lately I haven't been around as much each day as I usually am. I'm actively looking to buy a home, and it's eating a good chunk of my free time. I'm not in an emergency situation; I'm still okay in the house I'm in now. The fact is, it's 95 years old and constantly needs expensive repairs and maintenance. I think it's time to stop pouring money into this one, and get into a younger house with a garage. Currently, I have a driveway, but not garage. Which is really hard on any car. But especially hard on my Monte with all the decals these Dale Jr editions have.

I do read the posts everyday. Especially when I'm at work. I may not be posting as often, but I am reading and really miss you guys when I'm not online.

Old 07-27-2011, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
Evening everybody.

The staff already knows this, but I think I should explain myself here. I realize that lately I haven't been around as much each day as I usually am. I'm actively looking to buy a home, and it's eating a good chunk of my free time. I'm not in an emergency situation; I'm still okay in the house I'm in now. The fact is, it's 95 years old and constantly needs expensive repairs and maintenance. I think it's time to stop pouring money into this one, and get into a younger house with a garage. Currently, I have a driveway, but not garage. Which is really hard on any car. But especially hard on my Monte with all the decals these Dale Jr editions have.

I do read the posts everyday. Especially when I'm at work. I may not be posting as often, but I am reading and really miss you guys when I'm not online.

Taz,
I know personally that house hunting can be a drag and time consuming....Good luck and I hope you get that garage soon before next winter comes. We are always here for you when you do check in

Old 07-27-2011, 07:59 PM
RED DEVIL

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Naw Lew got rid of the DOD in his tune. MPG didn't take a big hit though Although I have to drive it more to really tell.
i think im gonna take out DoD too. it makes my car vibrate at low rpm with my new motor mount

Old 07-27-2011, 08:06 PM
5 Year Member

i think im gonna take out DoD too. it makes my car vibrate at low rpm with my new motor mount
Right now I certainly don't miss DOD and I was checking my instant MPG on the display and it didn't take a big hit. But I have to drive it more to see if the Average MPG take a hit. Even if it does I wouldn't go back to DOD. I don't put that many miles on the car anymore

Old 07-27-2011, 08:09 PM
RED DEVIL

Right now I certainly don't miss DOD and I was checking my instant MPG on the display and it didn't take a big hit. But I have to drive it more to see if the Average MPG take a hit. Even if it does I wouldn't go back to DOD. I don't put that many miles on the car anymore
i hardly drive mine. only about 2000 miles since november

Old 07-27-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

i hardly drive mine. only about 2000 miles since november
Iam jelious I have 71K on my 06 5K was from our route 66 trip from Mich to Az then back frrom Az to Chicago all rt 66. But I would do it all over again it was so much fun. I did have road armour on the Deuce hough (Car Bra) and it shure helped

Old 07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
RED DEVIL

Iam jelious I have 71K on my 06 5K was from our route 66 trip from Mich to Az then back frrom Az to Chicago all rt 66. But I would do it all over again it was so much fun. I did have road armour on the Deuce hough (Car Bra) and it shure helped
my detail shop is only 3 blocks from my house so i dont have to drive every day.

my 07 has 38750 on it now but they are alot more fun if you drive them all the time

i have a few rock chips i touched up on my hood. sometimes i will see them and it bothers me....hopefully i can get a MPD hood sometime

Old 07-27-2011, 08:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks Tadd.

I was never a fan of DOD. It's a nice idea in theory. But IMO gives you the worst of both worlds. On one hand, you get a watered down performance car. On the other hand, it doesn't really work as an economy car either.

Just my opinion, but I think Chevy should've just went all out performance with the 5.3 litre Monte's. And let the economy focused people get an LT or LTZ.

Congrats on your new tune. Here's to lots of fun and excitement!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 27, 2011