Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 24th, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 01:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Jen-Car looks nice in those pics. Also, you mentioned getting snake food, won't the hampster suffice? JK
Taking it easy for a while. Been busy today. Went to Bfast with my Mother and then came home and removed all my cabinet facings. Theya re original to my 1942 house. So much paint on them. My brother in law just bought a complete wood shop from someone and they are routing them off and refinishing them for me. He did one set of doors and I wasnt really happy with the light color after clearing. SO he is going to do them all and go darker like Mahogany. Luckily he just did one set of doors first. The light oak made for too many colors of stain in my kitchen. Ceiling is real dark along with door. Floor is lighter and the new cabinet was even lighter. SO I decided to go dark and paint the frames back white after sanding. I can't strip them or else I would. Just too much on them. Will look nice and much cheaper than new cabinets. Have a great day. As you can tell I must be feeling good or I wouldn't be getting around this good. Took the bandaging off last night, just have the sterile strips and skin glue now. I tried a smokeless cig but they are really expensive. In the long run cheaper than smoking.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:30 PM

Hi `Jerry,
It's great to read that you are feeling lots better & able to do some remodeling. I sure hope your brother-by-law is faster then your friend(?) the Impala painter
You should take some b-4 & after pic's of your remodeled cabinets..
Any bites on your GTO ? Wish you good luck..

I think the below Classic is a Good Investment `if one has the $'s to invest...(Money Markets @ the Banks are only paying less then 1 % on a persons savings)...

What do you & member's think of it & the price..(Please post)
WoW, it has Wooden Wheels

BuzzKill `Ryan, this would be a great Buick 4 U 4-$ure*

BEAUTIFUL 1928 BUICK LANDAU 4DR. SED. $17500 <small> (NEPTUNE BEACH, FL.)</small> pic
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Click above to view more
OK, whose next to post & create some activity on our `Blog...
Look 4ward what anyone thinks of the above Buick & the price ?
You don't have to worry about a battery >, cause it has a crank to start it (just hope you have a good magneto for spark)
One of the old senior's had a old model Ford T that we would crank start it for him (It can kick U back 2 LOL)
I'm just happy that there are still old rides out there to buy (if U have the $'s to have fun & EnJoy)

Last edited by Space; 07-24-2013 at 02:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
might be looking into buying an 80's caprice wagon with 65k miles on it... i'll keep everyone posted

you want me to skip bringing a case of pepsi to the next meet then? lol
You better keep me updated! wagons are my favorite! Mainly because they are easy hearse conversions.
One day I'll have one.......she will be named black nightmare
The wife had a crazy idea I might take..she wondered how awesome it would be to have a 4th gen monte carlo converted into a hearse. I told her I'm all for the project!

Old 07-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Sadly `Mike you will just have to wait > because waiting makes you really, really appreciate `it all the more. I really hope that your shop does a excellent `job with excellent results We will be looking 4ward to your updates 4-Sure...Good Luck
==========================================
Hi `Justin, it's great to see you back online & congrat's on your 2 month victory Wish you the best & I hope the only thing that you smoke is some tires....Are you feeling better since you stopped ?
=============================
HI `MITCH, what's happening in your life ? What ride are you dreaming of 2day ? ( I sure hope that you can get that T.A>WoW Good Luck

Wish `all a great day filled with Sunshine & Happiness
Oh ya know, still dreaming of the WS6

Worked on my roommates last night for about 5 hours after work.. that is going to be a sweet build once the brake issues are done!

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte
Traded off the Monte today so no more GM products for me anymore
Shoulda got rid of the Edge... lol

Did you disclose the car's history when you sold it?

Old 07-24-2013, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
The wife had a crazy idea I might take..she wondered how awesome it would be to have a 4th gen monte carlo converted into a hearse. I told her I'm all for the project!

Hi `Jen, that's Morbid Funny, but it would be a fun conversion 4-Sure...I searched the web for a Monte Carlo Hearse & couldn't find any , so you may be the first (LOL)...

^ I did find the above 1st Gen on my search & Love `it ^
+ this super Monte below (I really like it 2 > 4-Sure)

Last edited by Space; 07-24-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:21 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Jen-Car looks nice in those pics. Also, you mentioned getting snake food, won't the hampster suffice? JK
I actually had the strangest look when I was at petco too! Its not normal for snake owners to own a hamster.... Believe it or not, if I had the hamster in the snake tank I bet he wouldn't even go after it, more like he'd be terrified that it moves! My snake has never been fed live food, always frozen thanks about the pics too

Old 07-24-2013, 04:03 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Evening all, just got up. My 5th gen model came today. I'll have to make topic for models and your cars once everyone else that ordered one gets theres. And when I get some time Off to school shortly. Oh and I have to say, after weeks, if not a month or more of super hot humid weather, right now its 78 out and humidity is 56%. Should be a nice sweat free ride to school

Old 07-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
You better keep me updated! wagons are my favorite! Mainly because they are easy hearse conversions.
One day I'll have one.......she will be named black nightmare
lol i'll keep you in the loop jen!

part of me is interested in this caprice because i want to build it like how i had planned the '84 oldsmobile custom cruser wagon i had before the monte ( black paint, dark tint, ansen sprint wheels and an '84 442 front clip.)

the caprice if i get it i'd like to do the same with, only a 4th gen monte SS nose if i can swap it. plus the caprice has a dark red interior, which would be awsome with a black exterior!

of course, with the condition of the caprice i will most likely put the mag wheels on it (i've got two sets), mabe an exhaust system, cruse it a bit and try to re-sell it for a profit.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Well class was a bit annoying, got here on time, as did the professor. But he said he had something to take care of so we sat around for an hour while he did that. Then le lectured for about an hour and now won't let us leave because its too early What a waste of my time.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:58 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Evening all. Just watching some tv. From sound of it I will be off for the rest of the week at my day job so I might as well stay up for a bit.

Jerry I wish I had the time and a complete woodshop to strip and refinish my cabinets. Mine are original to the house also and were built in 1928. There are so many layers of paint on them

Justin I went the e cig route and have been smoke free for a year and a half or more. I just got bored of it one day so i just stopped using it. Keep up the good work.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 24th, 2013