Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 18th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 06:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Goodmorning all!! Thats a NICE 1st gen monte space!!

Hope everyones doing well!
it rained last night so rock climbing might be out today, rain likes to leak out of the cracks in the rock, make it slippery.

anyways, everyone have a fine Wednesday!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good Morning Mr Space. Thats one bad*** Monte. Love the 70's Car's. And GD morning to all you early risers. Just got off of work this morning. One more to go and then my weekend starts. This job isn't 1/2 bad. I'm thinking I might actually like it this time around. Didn't get much sleep yesterday. I was up every 2 hrs. ? Took a nap around 7:30 pm till around 9 pm. That seemed to help out a lot. I was all over the place at work and felt 1/2 way good all night. Ok time for that COFFEE, YUM

Old 07-18-2012, 07:12 AM

1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Welcome to Wednesday !

Morning all! It is raining really good here in the Lansing area his morning, boy did we need it! Working from home today writing an on-line order (830/860 EDI) history inquiry program this week. Not much new here.

Hope your hump-day has no speed bumps!
Good Morning TADD: I just looked at Accu weather radar. WOW Dude you have a line of Thunderstorms coming your way this morning. It looks like were in for one also this Morning or early afternoon. Man we need it thou. My grass is starting to crunch when I take Ozzie for a walk. So batten down the hatch's and hold on. Dave: You might get some relirf this morning from all the heat in Taylor also. if that rain heads your way. Good luck on th A/C .

Old 07-18-2012, 07:23 AM

MonteCarloLTZ, good luck on the Plastic Dip..Pictures please...
=========================================
Good Morn'in `Tadd, do you like working from home ?
Wish U a E.Z. day & no bad speed bump's LOL...EnJoy
========================================
Hi `Jerry, great to read the Impala is finished & back on the road..Look forward to seeing your pic's...Do you feel the POWER ?
===========================================
Hi StumpMI, I hope your a/c just needs cleaned...How did our forefather's ever live without A/C ? I'm use to the heat & it wasn't bad when you live on the ocean, but when you have to live/work on the mainland, a/c is a must or big + in surviving. LOL...Wish you good luck & hopefully it's not 2 expensive to fix...
===========================================
Hi `Devin, sorry that the mountain are wet & unsafe to climb. Do you have those indoor climbing places in your area ? I think they would be good for training, but I would prefer the real thing. I hope that you can find some good activity to enjoy your day `off. Or, ..just spend a day on the MCF & read all the words in the word association thread (LOL)...Wish you a fun/happy `Day ~> EnJoy
Hi `Rick, yes I love that 70 Monte on page 1, but I've never liked the vinyl roof on any car..(Was it just a style thing in that era of auto's?) The first year(s) Monte's had a Classic look & I would like to have one with a "350" ci Borg Warner close ratio 4 speed with a 4:11 Posi, or your Chevelle (Dontov mild 3.4 race cam, solid lifters, headman headers, etc...(2 dare 2 dream in SpaceVision)

I'm sure you will adjust to your new work/sleep'in schedule, but it's great that you enjoy your new `job.
I look 4ward to being in your position & only have to work a few days a week...My grandfather doesn't have a `job anymore, but he is always working on something or helping someone...He's in his late 70's & I still don't think I can keep up with him..I'm just thankful that he has recovered from his stroke & can do just about what he could do b-4 he medical problem..

Wish you & member's & great day ~> EnJoy the Present ~> the `Now ~> WoW, it's a new `Day
================================================== =====================
p.s. Thanks Mike (JG), for starting our MCF `Blog, our MCF `Day...
We want to see pictures of what you purchased ? ? What are you putting them on ?
Let us know OK..Wish you a great Day also !!!

p.s.s. Where's `Angie ? ? I hope she's out playing somewhere & having `fun

Last edited by Space; 07-18-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 AM

Space i only know how to post pics on my profile i dont know how to start a post and do it that way still kinda new at this...hahaha but i will 4sure put up pics some how

Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all & Happy Hump Day!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 AM

1 Year Member

HI SPACE: Back in the day those roof were the new in thing. I had two cars that had it. My 74 Dodge Charger and my 68 Fairlane. Both had Black ones. Ohhhh My 76 Monte had a 1/2 Vinyl roof that was Blue and it was padded. It was ok back then. Don't think they look that good any more. Justin & I saw a Monte at a car show think it was a 06 with a vinyl roof. WOW did that look out of place on that car. Hey too each his own. Thats what makes the world go around.

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 07-18-2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Came to work a little early today to guarantee my usual garage parking spot

Also on my way in...

Old 07-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Good morning gents! I plan on going for a run today as part of my training to gt my black belt.....but it'll be more like swimming with this disgusting humidity!!! I wanted to put my MCF sticker on today; I know how to clean the surface, but how would I go about removing some old sticker residue? Goop off?

monte06ltz, I couldn't agree with you more about Tadd's monte; one of my favs! And it's really cool to see you being active, second day in a row heckling in with us. Keep it up!

Old 07-18-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE
Good mornin' all & Happy Hump Day!

Good Morning `Mike & Happy Hump Day to you also.
Wish you a Happy Day in Seattle & it's environs..

<TABLE id=post478558 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center itxtNodeId="1217" itxtHarvested="0"><TBODY itxtNodeId="1218" itxtHarvested="0"><TR itxtNodeId="1220" itxtHarvested="0"><TD style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px" class=alt2 itxtNodeId="1236" itxtHarvested="0"><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" itxtNodeId="1237" itxtHarvested="0"><TBODY itxtNodeId="1238" itxtHarvested="0"><TR itxtNodeId="1239" itxtHarvested="0"><TD class=alt2 itxtNodeId="1243" itxtHarvested="0"></TD><TD noWrap itxtNodeId="1242" itxtHarvested="0">Dubstepticon <SCRIPT type=text/javascript itxtBad="1" itxtNodeId="1250"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_478558", true); </SCRIPT>

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

</TD><TD width="100%" itxtNodeId="1241" itxtHarvested="0"></TD><TD vAlign=top noWrap itxtNodeId="1240" itxtHarvested="0">Join Date: May 2012

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- / user info --></TD></TR><TR itxtNodeId="1219" itxtHarvested="0"><TD id=td_post_478558 class=alt1 itxtNodeId="1262" itxtHarvested="0"><!-- message, attachments, sig --><!-- icon and title -->
<HR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000; COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1 itxtNodeId="1274"><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->What's up guys, I've been attempting to complete some financial aid requirements today, and holy bejesus it is frustrating. Insanely overwhelming.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
(I just read yesterdays Blog & found your post of frustration)
Hi `Tyler,
Yes, it's frustrating & can be overwhelming 4-Sure, but it's all part of the learning experience everyone must endure to get a higher education.
I've learned that nothing good in this life seems to be easy for sure. I'm sure you are learning that, or already have.(?)
Wish you good luck on getting the aid that you need to complete your academic goals
When do you start college ?
p.s. If you need someone to take care of your DubStepticon Monte (?) Let me know (LOL)

Wish you & member's a Super New Day ~> EnJoy
<~ Works great http://googone.com/ <
p.s. Good Luck on gett'in your Black Belt...Pic's please!

Last edited by Space; 07-18-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 18th 2012