Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 17th, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15
Those thoughts are very similar to my thoughts

Right now the percentage is right around 99%, the owner is a friend of mine and he said he'll hold it for me until I graduate.. worst comes to worst, he needs to sell it early and I buy it anyways haha and thanks! I can't wait to get it!

!

Thanks `Mitch for your reply & it's great to read that it's 99% a deal

Have you checked on insurance yet ? It's really to nice to be a daily driver (unless you have a guard to watch it when you leave it anywhere) I sure hope that you graduate soon or hit a lotto or your dad for a loan
Wish you the best of luck on getting it...Look forward to your future water sports `fun... I love just about anything to do with water sports.
Below vid is to keep your dream ride constant > Enjoy

02 Trans Am Ws6 2010 Camaro Ss Movie Video MP3 Search Engine

Click above link 2 `go to the Movies >EnJoy

Old 07-17-2013, 02:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by trewyn15
What are you looking into? I assume a sport bike or similar?

You're going to miss 4 wheels
Nope NO sport bikes. A full blown HARLEY is what I'm looking into. Or Even a Harley TRIKE. That's my goal . What I might do is. Get the Harley Bagger 1st. Then buy the conversion kits next yr. Right now that part is up in the air But the hunt start right now! Stayed tuned for further updates

Old 07-17-2013, 02:54 PM

Good Luck Mr `Rick on finding/getting the bike/trike of your dreams... We will be looking forward to seeing it & reading all about it...4>Sure!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Afternoon EV1!
Thanks Keane:
For starting the daily blog!

Its been one heck of a time camping.... Yesterday afternoon the park lost power... This is the 2nd time we have been there and had the same experience... We have deceided to never camp there again...despite its convenient close location... Youd think when you pay for a full hookup...
Youd havea full hookup...buit since there was no longer any electrical it changes the site to a "Rustic" site.... They refuse to give refunds! Despite us no longer having a full hookup... When this place was a KOA Campgrounds...
There wasn't any issues...ever...and we have been going there for the last 8 years? Go figure.... anyway long story short.... Its been 36 hrs since the power outage and have yet to get it restored....We chalked it up to experience after spending the night at home (since we were close) and went this morning in the heat and packed it up and brought it home....
Which is where we store it anyway, Our big trip is in less than 2 weeks
Which we will be staying at various KOA's along the way... If you Live in Michigan, or ever deceide to to stay/camp in Michigan...
Can you believe this place also hassled me over using my mobility scooter? and even questioned my being disabled! (I was wearing shorts)
I guess he didn't believe that my prostetic leg wasn't real? IDIOTS!

DONOT CAMP AT
DETROIT GREENFIELD CAMPGROUNDS!

Looks like when we become fulltimers.. we will be carrying our generator with us...But who would have thought when you camp locally that youd need one? Its just a damn shame the direction life is takeing? What happen to the customer is always right? Especially those of us that have been dedicated customers? Oh and by the way... we weren't the only ones that were PO'D and packed up and left! This place is Truly a ripoff!
I do plan on reporting this CampGrounds to the Better Business Bureau! As well as the City of Ypsilanti!

That's how my day has been....

Hows yurs?

Last edited by STUMPMI; 07-17-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:26 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Not to defend the campground, but a power outage is something that is beyond their control and can happen to anyone anywhere.

A/C I installed and its quite cool in here, new units are nice and quiet. Time to try and sell our old window units.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:36 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Not to defend the campground, but a power outage is something that is beyond their control and can happen to anyone anywhere.

A/C I installed and its quite cool in here, new units are nice and quiet. Time to try and sell our old window units.
Its on there property... and the responsibility is on them...Not the Power Company! There electrical system was not designed to handle 50 amp systems on these newer style Campers.... This is was told by some of the staff there.... And there inlies the problem.... This park/campgrounds is over 50 yrs old! and never been updated electrically!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
I tried an experiment yesterday of taking my front license plate off. illegal here but i will take it off anyways. From far away it looked great, but close up there was a few dings and scrapes from the screws holding the plate in. My next project is getting it looking good without it.
Devin, that does look WAY better without the front plate. I'd say run around without it and see how it goes. See, you should have just had them take the bracket off and fix the holes when you had the front end repainted! Can always plug them. Anyway, hope it goes well and you can keep it off.

Current heat index.

Last edited by 06mistreSS; 07-17-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Devin, that does look WAY better without the front plate. I'd say run around without it and see how it goes. See, you should have just had them take the bracket off and fix the holes when you had the front end repainted! Can always plug them. Anyway, hope it goes well and you can keep it off.
Yeah man you were right! should of done that when i had it fixed! but i will def. try it off now and see how it goes! currently looking for a patch kit for the holes! Thanks man i hope i can keep it off too!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

uh oh, fire trucks going up the road behind the house...

Old 07-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
uh oh, fire trucks going up the road behind the house...

what happened?........Also, weren't you going to work @ Carlisle this past weekend?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, July 17th, 2013