Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 09:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Angie, I would hardly think that the issue is worth fighting over. As Mel said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That is what makes us different. I am not really fond of guns since my brother shot his self in the foot years back and my sister's boyfriend shot her accidentally on her 16th birthday. Almost killed her. BUT, with all that's happening in today's society, I would feel more safe with one around.
Haven't heard from Chris either, better send search parties out....

Old 01-16-2013, 10:26 AM

Morning everyone! Today makes the 8th day in a row that we got sent home from work due to the rain... Guess ill try again tomorrow. On the gun topic, I feel that even with strict laws people are gonna find a way to have them anyway it goes. If a 17 year old (local story) can get his hands on a gun then its already too late...

Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good morning MCF. Hope this morning finds eveyone in good shape. Our cold snap down here in Phoenix is finally over. I remember last yr we were in shorts from day one. But last year was a feak as far as who was warm and who wasn't . High today around 65 and near 72 tomorrow. And that southwest Sun is like the the Fla Sun Hot when when your in it for a while! Its about time I swear. I'm tired of wearing long pants and a sweatshirt. The new place is keeping us busy as we want to be. Instead of looking for something to do. We have things we want to change in the New place. . We spent yesterday on the eastside of of the valley. in and around Mesa for hours. Today its back to the other place to wash down the screened in porch and get rid of somethings we don't want. I could go on & on about wahts been keeping us busy. I think I could fill up this page for hours . Sure miss my Monte. While we were out on Tues I saw one real close to what mine looks like. I followed him for about 5 mins just drooling at how nice it looked!. Barret Jackson is in town this week down here. I went last year. So I'm not going this yr. Ok better give room for someone else a chance to login on here. As far as GUNS go. I'll always have one. Taking guns away is NOT the answer! Then only the Bad guys will have them. A LOT of people men & women here in AZ have Guns. And they wear them out in the open!. Makes a bad guy think twice! I don't care who you are. There's always a w t get a gun. Legal or not. You can buy a gun off someone insome seedy part of town for almost nothing. So would you rather be able to protect yourself and family! OR NOT! Think about that! Arguing about that isn't going to help your or your husband. We all have our own Idea's on everything.

Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Angie:

Here's my 2 cents on gun control..
They say, when guns get outlawed,
Only outlaws will have guns.

I personally believe in my 2nd amendment rights..
I was born in Detroit..So I'm very familiar with the crime in the streets.

As far as these psychos killing innocent children as well as adults...

we are all powerless when it comes to these kinds of people end up with fire arms and carelessly destroy peoples lives..
The problem truely is...IMO there's far to many stolen,no registered,for purchase on our city streets via gangs,criminals,drug dealers etc
...Its up to the police departments,neighbors and city works to report and need to get involved in getting the criminal element removed at all costs...in the proper way via your local police,fire,sheriff, and city officials to stop all this violence...

This maybe not the answer you were looking for...but this is just my opinion on what should have been in place all along.

as far as what to do between you and your spouse... You are both entitled to your ideals and opinions....

Imo: You do your thing and he will do his..
And hopefully you both meet in middle ground.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:20 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi Member's,
Hot Topic of the Day "Guns & Violence"

Since the beginning of time humans have hurt & killed each other . If all the guns on planet earth were banned, those that hurt & harm would find other ways to hurt & harm.

If it's knifes, guns, explosives etc...

To me it's a mental health problem/issue..I believe society must seek out the ones with mental health problems and treat them or confine them with treatment. I believe we must invest in Mental Health Problems & severe punishment to those that purposely hurt or kill others. It's parents that neglect & don't teach their children by example (but maybe they were not taught to not purposely hurt others ?) It's the teacher's that don't teach that hurting others is wrong.
Today because of overcrowed prisons those that hurt are released early, when they should not be..The punishments don't reflect the crimes against people that harm. Sadly, they are free to harm again...

Below is a article on "Why do people kill" ?

Why do people kill?
A Typology of Violent Offenders

At various times, I have been asked to lecture on the topic: why do people kill? Why do they commit murder? How do we explain acts of violence. The following is not an exhaustive explanation. It's a handout I use when I speak about different types of killers and the motivations for different crimes. But it describes many, if not most types of homicide and most acts of violence. It describes most of the killers and most of the violent individuals I have interviewed.

Chronically Aggressive Individuals
  • Easily frustrated, limited or poor impulse control
  • Frequently express anger or hostility
  • Resents authority, defiant with supervisors.
  • May express hostility through “passive-aggressive” behavior
  • Believes violence and/or aggression are legitimate responses to various interpersonal problems in life (i.e., if someone provokes you, you fight back)
  • Although they might never admit it, pleasure or reinforcement is derived from the expression of anger (i.e., it feels good to blow someone off; it makes you feel alive; it gives you a sense of power)
  • Often display the characteristics of a “stimulus seeker” - they engage in bold, fearless, or reckless behavior and are prone toward substance abuse
  • Most typically, violence occurs in a situational context: an offense, fight, or disagreement
  • Sometimes just get carried away in a particular situation (domestic violence, child battering)
  • Less likely to engage in acts of unexpected “explosive” violence
The Over-Controlled Hostility Type
  • Rarely display or express anger - they don’t cuss or yell, and may be offended by such
  • Emotionally rigid and inflexible: appear to be polite, serious, and sober, rarely “loose” or jocular
  • Cognitively rigid and inflexible: very strict about interpreting rules; usually go for the letter, rather than the spirit of the law
  • Morally righteous and upstanding: see themselves as “good people”
  • Often judgmental: see others as “not such good people”
  • Non-assertive or passive; their passivity causes others to take advantage of them
  • Anger builds up like in a pressure cooker, before they explode
  • After the violence, people say that they never expected it, “he always seemed like such a nice guy; he was always so quiet”
The Hurt and Resentful
  • Feel that people walk on them and that they are never treated fairly
  • When they are passed over, there is always someone else to blame
  • Things are easier for everyone else: other people get more and have more advantages.
  • They do not accept criticism well
  • In response to reprimands, they develop grudges, which are sometimes deeply held
  • They are often whiners and complainers, as a matter of attitude
  • They wallow in their victimization and are psychologically impotent
  • Violence occurs because they hold grudges and are “impotent” to deal with their anger in other ways
The Traumatized
  • Aggression occurs in response to a single, massive assault on their identity
  • Something happens that is potently offensive, absolutely intolerable, and which strips them of all sense of personal power
  • The essence of their existence (or their manhood) will be destroyed if they do not respond
  • Violence is predictable & preventable
The Obsessive
  • Immature and narcissistic individuals who demand or crave attention and affection
  • Absolutely cannot stand to be deprived of desired gratifications, like a baby who cries because mother removes the breast
  • When deprived of love, they continue crying: repeated phone calls, following the object of their obsession, etc.
  • As frustration continues, they escalate: “dead flowers”, punctured tires, suicide gestures
  • Violence because: “if I can’t have her, nobody can.” ... or: “if she won’t have me, she won’t have anything.”
The Paranoid
  • Jealous Type: Delusional believes their lover is unfaithful
  • Persecuted Type: Delusionally believes that people are out to get him
  • Typically engage in behaviors which make their paranoid beliefs come true
  • Delusions may reach the point at which the person is grossly out of contact with reality (may be insane).
The Insane
  • Rare: does not understand the nature and quality of their actions.
  • More typical: fundamental mis perceptions of reality, incapable of rational behavior, delusional beliefs deprive them of the ability to know that their behavior is wrong, beliefs and perceptions are incongruent with reality.
  • Twisted, psychotic beliefs about what is right, what is wrong, and what is necessary.
The Just Plain Bad & Angry
  • A combination of most of the above (except for insane): angry, hostile, jealous, resentful, impotent, and disturbed individuals, who are socially isolated, socially inadequate, and who feel worthless
  • May be seeking attention
  • May be seeking revenge
<HR>by, Paul G. Mattiuzzi, Ph.D.

Last edited by Space; 01-16-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM

Hey guys been up all morning trying to figure out my emission testing with my mom in Canada from Haiti... got Cat issues. If any one wants to chime in here's the thread I started.
E-test

Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Mike texted me back. He said he has been pretty sick last few days and tried to post yesterday but his phone kept dropping signal. Must have the Flu. He didn't say.
Now to just locate Chris!

Old 01-16-2013, 12:30 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
morning all, another thought. Has anyone seen or heard from chris in a while? (montecarlo3831) Says he hasn't been online since 12/28.

Originally Posted by 77gp
Mike texted me back. He said he has been pretty sick last few days and tried to post yesterday but his phone kept dropping signal. Must have the Flu. He didn't say.
Now to just locate Chris!

Hi `Jerry, thanks for checking on `Mike (JG) ...I hope he isn't to sick & that he recovers soon from his illness. He's' been missed & I'm looking 4ward to his opinions on the new Corvette ? ?

`Keane, did you talk to Chris to learn that he hasn't been on since 12/28/12 ?

I know that Chris is usually online when I'm @ work @ night.
I hope that he is OK & just taking a break or maybe has computer problems.

I'm waiting for one late arriving truck & then I really need a recharge. I hope that everyone is having a good day or trying to...Peace/Happiness 2 `all from `Space

Old 01-16-2013, 04:49 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Nope space, just checked his profile to see when he was last on.

Old 01-16-2013, 05:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Took Lizzy to the Doc today...
After explaining to him what shes been going thru...He had the look of shock and awww on his face....As if he cant believe what hes hearing...As she describes what pain she has been suffering...The intensiyt of it...rolled up in a ball on the floor, flopping around like a fish out of water...all the while screaming bloody murder....He immediately pipes in and says hes never heard of such suffering from this procedure...She should have been able to return to work within a 24 hr period....(its been 6 days)....She Is Still unable to function normally.

He had her have a ultra sound right there in the office...The results show...no damage to her kidneys (thank God)... However, he said it sounds like to him that the stone is still inside her and didnt shatter...
So, He then ordered a Catscan that they also do in the same building...just 1 floor below...Which she also had done today...Now.....We are waiting on the results of that Catscan...If it shows infact that the stone is still intact,
shes going to have to under go exploratory surgery and have the stone removed that way....Which in my opinion thats what she should have had done....Which means another possible 2 to 3 weeks more off of work.
Thats because shes diabetic and doesnt heal as quickly as someone who doesnt have diabetes....Thus leaveing us in a financial lerch... yes she can get LOA Leave of Absence...But it wont kick in till she is off at least 2 weeks....Since she normally gets paid biweekly...We have to count on our saveing account just to make it....Normally this time of year is when were banking money for our summer travels...It just may end up well be spending her vacations here at home this summer....

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, January 16, 2013