Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
I may text Mike in a few and see whats going on.
Kewl hope hes ok pls let us know.

Gonna bring the impala to the monte Nats?

Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Good Morning all. Getting my chores done. Might be warm enough later to clean up the Mustang. It is in dire need. Haven't been working on the Impala much. My friend has been having wife troubles and not into it. Kind of a drag. Getting tired of waiting to get it done. He was half suicidal last night and nobody is worth that.

Hi `Jerry, that has to be very frustrating waiting for your friend to get his act together... Maybe if you encourage him that working on your Impala would `be a good escape/therapy from dealing with his problem ?

Did he give you a time frame to finish ? What are your options ? I sure hope things work out for you > Good Luck!
======================================
`David, I hope the doctor is able to help your wife with her problem/pain...Prayer's to the Super Dude of `all
=================================
Hi Marquet, what type of engine will you be working on ?
Keep us updated
=======================================
`Justin Hime, had some time to check you blog & shall return when time permits. It's so great that you are helping so many in need Thank You!
======================================
Seattle `Mike, wish you some warmer weather
Hi `Chris, Mod's Mike/Michael & Member's,
I hope that everyone has a enjoying new day....

p.s. Jerry, `if you reach `Mike ? tell him we miss him + ask him `if he can come to your area to finish your Impala ?
Peace/Happiness 2 `all

Old 01-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Zen

Surprised at how much i'm getting done today considering how tired I feel.It's not even 10 an i've torn most of this truck down already.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

I texted him but no response yet.
Space it wasn't really discussed as far as a time frame goes but should have only took a few weeks at that. He wasn't quite ready for it when I dropped it off. He had to revamp his garage and all that. I am not mad at him, just want him to get it finished. I have tried to help on numerous occasions and sit and wait on him to call and say he is there. Wasted several of my days waiting on him. He just needs to get it together and get on it. All that is left is a final sand and spray the thing.....

Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone. Last work day down here in Mexico for this 11 day trip. Heading back to Michigan tomorrow morning. Planning on going to the North American International Auto Show in Detroit on Saturday (I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures). Also excited to be able to watch the Red Wings first game of the (short) season Saturday night vs. St. Louis. Will be home two full days then heading back down to Mexico on Sunday for another eleven day business trip. Busy times.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:21 AM

Hi `Jerry, thanks for your reply & I hope that your friend gets it together. I can read that frustrations in your words & I hope that you can find a way to encourage him to finish his work.

Some artist (painters) are very temperamental, but they seem to be the best at what they `do. I sure hope it all works out for you & your Impala...Keep us updated...Good Luck
Hi Chris, what type of truck are you tearing apart ? Are you still doing frame repair ? I hope that you can get some rest 2night..
Good Luck on getting everything done...
-----------------------------------------------
Another truck just rolled in & it's time for me to go unload the shipment...Peace/Happiness 2 `all from `Space

Old 01-16-2013, 09:26 AM

Somebody please text Mike and let us know if you hear anything. I'm getting worried now too. On top of that, my husband and I almost came to blows over the whole NRA/gun control thing. After Sandy Hook, I asked him if he'd change his mind on gun control (he's against it) if it had happened at our grandchild's school. His answer: as a lifetime NRA member, he believes the Second Amendment is sacred and can't be tampered with. THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER!! Yesterday there was a school shooting in St. Louis and I could hardly stand to be in the same house with him. I know a lot of our MCF members are pro-gun - do you have advice on how to handle this? Do I just try to go my own way (joining the Brady Campaign for Gun Control) and let him go his? Help!!! We're at an impasse here and nobody is talking.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

A little cold and rain the morning. Hope everyone has sunshine today. David tell your wife we wish here the best and we still saying a prayer for her.
Angie your two different people you both have a voice and entitled to it. So do your thing and let your husband do his.

Last edited by Mels SS; 01-16-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all, another thought. Has anyone seen or heard from chris in a while? (montecarlo3831) Says he hasn't been online since 12/28.

Good amount of snow here, shot below was at lunch time. Finally off tonight after working 9 nights in a row. Hopefully get some much needed r&r

Old 01-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Zen

Space I'm finishing up the last of my frames.One more after this one

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, January 16, 2013