Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 <

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 09:25 AM

Dave (Sparky) - my husband worked at the Defense Dept. installation in Huntsville for a long time. Are you anywhere near there?

Space - thanks for posting a larger copy of the eagles picture. Lisa's doing okay now, she recovered from the surgery well. We're just keeping our fingers crossed and praying every day that the next round of chemotherapy will be effective. So far she's had only a few mild side-effects from the chemo, mostly fatigue.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Possum
Dave (Sparky) - my husband worked at the Defense Dept. installation in Huntsville for a long time. Are you anywhere near there?
Angie - Couldn't be any closer! The Army sent me to Redstone Arsenal, Huntsville, back in 2004. My family liked it here so much that we stayed when I retired from the Army in 2009. Now I'm a slimy contractor still supporting DoD offices on the Arsenal.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM

Angie, I'm not sure what part of town Sparky lives in, but I know he does live in Huntsville. One of these days I need to head down his way for a visit. Looks like Dave beat me to it though LOL

Anyway I'm home again. Everything went well with the physical. Considering I have to stay in shape for combat, that was kind of a given though. So I'm gonna go ahead and get some sleep. I'll holler at y'all later. Kinda thinking of joining the G-body forum to get a better feel for the GPs of that era, since I do plan on getting one at some point, even if this 84 doesn't stay available. I'll probably shoot the guy an email when I wake up to see if he has more pics and details on it.

Btw since Space posted the Monte calendar, I will feel obliged to post the February page of the 2nd gen Camaro calendar . But not before I have sleep. Since I didn't post the january one I may post that one as well.

Old 02-01-2012, 09:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

Wish everyone a Great New Month
EnJoy Everyday of your `Journey of Life 4-Sure
What `if ?
"Be good 2 yourself & other's, & please help those in need
when you can (?),`if you can ?"

2/01/12

How to read this mapSevere Weather Outlook <!-- weeklyplannermaplink -->National Forecast

Be Safe out there on your Highways of `Life!
The WeekEnd is just about here!
Party Time - Fun Time
EnJoy `Life
WoW

Awesome Thank you sir!!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Good Morning New Month New challenges be safe.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:19 AM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Good morning all - no Angie I haven't seen any bald eagles in my area - there are some hawks though.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Possum
Morning everyone. I don't have to work today but I'll be spending the day with a two-year-old so it'll be like work with a lot of fun thrown in. Should be warm enough to take him to a playground to work off energy.

Here's a pic of what we see this time of year in Alton, Illinois. It's called Eagle Days. Amy (AwesomeSS) - do you see the eagles where you are? It can be pretty spectacular when flocks of them all descend at the same time, like in this picture. Last year we could see some perched in trees above the highway as we drove along the river.
Angie; AWESOME shot of the Eagle's. That bird is so AWESOME to see in the wild. Seeing them makes you pround to be a AMERICAN. Guess that comes from my service days. Thanks for sharing

Old 02-01-2012, 10:52 AM

Good morning everyone. Thank you Space for your well wishes. I have woken with a head cold and the girls have been sneezing and coughing thru the night so they have colds too. Susan has school tonight and the girls usually go to daycare on Wednesday nights where they catch the ailment of the week. We have their joint birthday party planned for Sunday and I would like they feeling good for it. I am thinking about playing hooky today and nurse some colds.

Angie I am glad to hear that Lisa is doing better.

We also have Bald Eagles here in central Florida. The last one I saw was in a rather ironic place. I was walking thru the area of EPCOT known as World Showcase. For those of you that don't know there are pavilions here that are themed and sponsored by their respective country. Each pavilion uses a ride or other type of presentation to teach about their countries history or culture. There is also in many cases a restaurant so that guests can get a sample of that areas cuisine and also a merchandise location as well to have that memento that you can't be without. We have pavilions from Morrocco, Japan, China, Mexico, Norway, Canada, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Africa, and the American Adventure. One day while I was working at EPCOT I was walking along the promenade going to the engineering shop. I noticed a huge crowd in front of the American Adventure pavilion which was odd because there was no show scheduled for that time. Everybody was looking up at the roof. On top of American Adventure pavilion was sitting an American Bald Eagle as though it had been a Disney prop. It was an awesome site. I tried to take a pic but my cell phone couldn't get the job done.

Old 02-01-2012, 11:01 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning all you early risers. Yeah Space I'm finally up. I've been up since 7:30 am here in Surprise, Az. Thats 2 hrs behind most of you on the east coast. So if I get up at 7 am its 9 am in Fla!! . I stayed up to watch one of my favorite TV shows. JUSTIFIED on the FX channel. That came on here at 11 pm !! Then got hooked on lost girl About vampires. Watch 2 of them and at 2 am said to myself time to go to be self! Then I was on the phone early tring to hook up with a couple of friends from Detroit area that are out here for the winter also. Then I was on instant messenger and texting for a short while. Its now 10 am shower and then our 3 miles walk. I'll check in later. Ya all make this a fun day ya hear?? ha ha ha ha ha ha

Old 02-01-2012, 11:11 AM

A Monte Carlo made wreckedexotics.com again

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 <