Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Wednesday, August 7th,2013

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Not feeling all that well so I actually took a sick day today (first sick day I've had in over a year I think).

Thunderstorms on tap for us today, and it looks like we've got a good one rolling in now. Suppose to get more later this afternoon into the evening.

Old 08-07-2013, 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

Old 08-07-2013, 08:39 AM

Hi `Matt, wish you a feel all `better

Maybe our MCF Weatherman `Devin can chase your storms away so that you can enjoy the sunshine again.
p.s. Thanks for our MCF Weather ^ Report

Prescription to feel better > Rest, drink lots of fluids, wait for the sunshine & clear roads, get in your S.S. & drive away (Now, that should make you feel lots better: )
============================
Good Morning Admin `Mike, I hope things are getting better & that the prob's are disappearing 4-Sure...
Wish you a E.Z. & Happy `Day !!!

Last edited by Space; 08-07-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Yes Matt looks like Thunderstorms all day for the 2 of us and most of the eastern half of the US.
Some may be severe in your area, so yes space i would be chasing them!

Old 08-07-2013, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Some may be severe in your area, so yes space i would be chasing them!

^ `Devin keeps a pictures of himself on his dash so he doesn't 4-get who he is ? (LOL) or it's a bobble-head doll (LoL)
Remember those high winds can BLOW U away

LoL `Devin > It's great you have the talent/knowledge Thanks for your updates.. You chase the `Storms & I run away from them .I need a dehumidifier today..It's a steam bath in the warehouses & outside 2day..It sure works on draining ones energy...
I need a Space Energy Drink 4-Sure (LOL) >

Oh `No > a storm is coming Someone Call `Devin

Attached Thumbnails Wednesday, August 7th,2013-devin-chaser.jpg  

Last edited by Space; 08-07-2013 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:16 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space

^ `Devin keeps a pictures of himself on his dash so he doesn't 4-get who he is ? (LOL) or it's a bobble-head doll (LoL)
Remember those high winds can BLOW U away

LoL `Devin > It's great you have the talent/knowledge Thanks for your updates.. You chase the `Storms & I run away from them .I need a dehumidifier today..It's a steam bath in the warehouses & outside 2day..It sure works on draining ones energy...
I need a Space Energy Drink 4-Sure (LOL) >

Oh `No > a storm is coming Someone Call `Devin
LOL! And that's what a lot of people should do if a severe storm is coming, get inside and wait it out.
Storm chasing is fun but you have to be very very careful. In NY it's not to dangerous because the tornadoes are rare, but I've seen lots of hail and even not to long ago in 2011 a microburst as it happened in Kirkland NY which was very scary to be in! That same storm spawned a tornado i was looking for 1.5 miles away from where i was in the microburst.
but to a weather nerd like me it's a lot of fun and to me weather is very fascinating!
I don't know how you people do it in Florida day after day in the heat! Hot days lay me low quite a bit!

Hope you and everyone else are having a great Wednesday!

Last edited by Space; 08-07-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-07-2013, 09:22 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Good morning everyone.

Searched around yesterday and came across one particular custom auto shop in Ann Arbor that I'm going to look into about painting my engine cover. This place does various custom work on classic and new vehicles and full restoration projects, as well as custom paint and airbrush. I just don't have the time or patience for this project right now so it's worth it to me to have someone else do it. I know about what I'm expecting to pay but hoping for a reasonable quote.
Matt: Have you thought about a wrap ? A friend of mine had his New Camaro's engine cover wrapped and it looks great. Something to think about

Old 08-07-2013, 09:26 AM

I don't know how you people do it in Florida day after day in the heat! Hot days
lay me low quite a bit!
Hi `Devin, I think it's a prelude to where we may `go after we leave our human bodies (It's getting Floridians prepared for their next `journey : )<!-- / message --> I can endure the heat, but it's the humidity that can drag you down..

I hope you aren't using your S.S. to chase the storms...I know that it's fast enough to catch them, but I sure wouldn't want to gamble with the hail & junk that flies all over the place 4-Sure...

I'd build a special armor vehicle `if I was chasing >*No `way) What do you use ?
<!-- sig --> __________________

Old 08-07-2013, 09:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good morning everyone. Busy day again around here. I hope this is my last busy day for a few weeks. I'd like to take the Bike out for a ride. Everything happening all at once. Most likely won't be able to take her for a ride till Fri. . Got to get plates for it. Got a job offer, got to cut my lawn & my friend next door while he's in Sturgis. Been viviting with Dave & Liz the last 2 days also. Time to slow down a bit now that I have the new Scoot Ok more later if I get a min or 3.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:34 AM

10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi `Devin, I think it's a prelude to where we may `go after we leave our human bodies (It's getting Floridians prepared for their next `journey : )<!-- / message --> I can endure the heat, but it's the humidity that can drag you down..

I hope you aren't using your S.S. to chase the storms...I know that it's fast enough to catch them, but I sure wouldn't want to gamble with the hail & junk that flies all over the place 4-Sure...

I'd build a special armor vehicle `if I was chasing >*No `way) What do you use ?
<!-- sig --> __________________
Yes humid days are just as bad as really hot days for sure!
I do use the SS! It's speed is definitely helpful to find some Tree's or an overpass to sit under while it hails I Use Radar on my phone as well to pinpoint where the hail would be falling so usually i can stay on the edge of it, or find a nice protected place to wait until it comes to me. When you learn weather as long as I've been into it, you get good at predicting where to hide Every once in a while i can get caught out in it but so far so luck with no damage done.
The Microburst's have zero warning when they hitm so i was lucky no tree's fell on my car and just happened around it.
Insurance will be a very useful thing if something does happen.

If you wanna learn:

Last edited by MnteCrloSS47; 08-07-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Wednesday, August 7th,2013