Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 06:14 PM
Default RE: WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred

ORIGINAL: SolaraSlayer

Ilove racist:

I love racisting my Monte Carlo against Mustangs.

Ilove ignorant.

I love ignorin' ants that are crawling all over my Froot Loops.

Iknow abouthatred:

"Hey Tred! stop waking me up at 4 a.m. with your loud music.
2nd that one

Old 01-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I agree with 07monteSS' comment that if everyone agreed with everyone all the time, the world would be a boring place. I have said this many times myself.

The dinner with the peas thing... I don't like peas either. I would have eaten the dinner and left the peas also. But if asked about it, I would have politely told them that it wasn't anything against their cooking. I really enjoyed the dinner a lot. Peas and I don't seem to agree with me. They had no way of knowing this ahead of time, so they shouldn't take it personally.

Craig, the saying I always went by was, "Authority is given....Respect is earned!"
But your saying has given me something to think about.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Taz

I agree with 07monteSS' comment that if everyone agreed with everyone all the time, the world would be a boring place. I have said this many times myself.

The dinner with the peas thing... I don't like peas either. I would have eaten the dinner and left the peas also. But if asked about it, I would have politely told them that it wasn't anything against their cooking. I really enjoyed the dinner a lot. Peas and I don't seem to agree with me. They had no way of knowing this ahead of time, so they shouldn't take it personally.

Craig, the saying I always went by was, "Authority is given....Respect is earned!"
But your saying has given me something to think about.
You know Mod TAZ, the wisest thing I've ever heard is:

If it is alway SUNNY, you end up with a desert.

We all need afew storms sometimes to grow blossoms in our lives.

Old 01-13-2008, 07:39 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

hm... that is great wisdom grandpa dave

Old 01-13-2008, 07:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

hm... that is great wisdom grandpa dave
Being a grandpa is easy, it is when others think you are just blabbering that hurts.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:53 PM

Haven't heard from Craig in 24 hours, hope he hasn't left permanently.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:08 AM

[align=center]"How often misused words generate misleading thoughts."

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align]

Old 01-15-2008, 09:40 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Cort: Hmmm....what type of problem are we talking here? Still about self-esteem ... or?
If you are consciously assigning a mental value to a group or segment of the population, based on an attribute -- whether it be skin color, hair color or religion, etc. You are doing so because of something -- FEAR (lost of love, self-preservation, Power) -- and your self-esteem is effected.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

Cort: Hmmm....what type of problem are we talking here? Still about self-esteem ... or?
If you are consciously assigning a mental value to a group or segment of the population, based on an attribute -- whether it be skin color, hair color or religion, etc. You are doing so because of something -- FEAR (lost of love, self-preservation, Power) -- and your self-esteem is effected.

[align=center]Hi Professor `Craig,[/align][align=center]Who gave you permission to be absence from the [/align][align=center]MCF for over 24 hours ? : ) [/align][align=center]Happy to see your post. You always make me[/align][align=center]think, and do research..Thanks[/align][align=center]ps. Really like your new avatar & `sig : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
THE TRUE MEANING OF SELF-ESTEEM
by Robert Reasoner

Educators, parents, business and government leaders agree that we need to develop individuals with healthy or high self-esteem characterized by tolerance and respect for others, individuals who accept responsibility for their actions, have integrity, take pride in their accomplishments, who are self-motivated, willing to take risks, capable of handling criticism, loving and lovable, seek the challenge and stimulation of worthwhile and demanding goals, and take command and control of their lives. In other words, we need to help foster the development of people who have healthy or authentic self-esteem because they trust their own being to be life affirming, constructive, responsible and trustworthy.
Unfortunately, efforts to convey the significance and critical nature of self-esteem have been hampered by misconceptions and confusion over what is meant by the term “self-esteem.” Some have referred to self-esteem as merely “feeling good” or having positive feelings about oneself. Others have gone so far as to equate self-esteem with egotism, arrogance, conceit, narcissism, a sense of superiority, a trait leading to violence. Such characteristics cannot be attributed to authentic, healthy self-esteem, because they are actually defensive reactions to the lack of authentic self-esteem, which is sometimes referred to as “pseudo self-esteem.”
Individuals with defensive or low self-esteem typically focus on trying to prove themselves or impress others. They tend to use others for their own gain. Some act with arrogance and contempt towards others. They generally lack confidence in themselves ,often have doubts about their worth and acceptability, and hence are reluctant to take risks or expose themselves to failure. They frequently blame others for their shortcomings rather than take responsibility for their actions.
A close relationship has been documented between low self-esteem and such problems as violence, alcoholism, drug abuse, eating disorders, school dropouts, teenage pregnancy, suicide, and low academic achievement. However, it has been difficult to isolate it as a primary cause using traditional experimental research methods, for it is usually only one of several contributing factors. What needs to be stressed is that self-esteem is a critical component of any program aimed at self-improvement or any rehabilitation program, for it is one of the few solutions that offers hope to correcting these problems. Many prisons, for example, have now introduced self-esteem programs to reduce recidivism.
One of the difficulties in trying to reach agreement on t

Quick Reply: WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred