Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred

Ignorance is something we all have in common.At one point or another in our lives, wespeak ona subject we do not fully understand. For some, this is a common occurance -- who... me...lol

Racism: again, if we think about it hard enough, I don't know of a human who has not been guilty of it at some point in their life -- Typically out of ignorance.

The difference between SOMEONEbeing guilty of ignorance and making a racist remark, and a True Racist is hatred (a desease -- caused byfear, and low-self-esteem, resulting in theneed to lash out againsteveryone and anything that is different, in order to equalize)

I hear people say... "You speak your true feelings in anger." Really... You mean when my daughter's tell me, "I HATE YOU DADDY!" that I should believe theyare speaking their TRUE feelings. NO... I don't believe that for a moment. Anger is a byproduct of fear... Fear is driven bythe needto beloved,or self-preservation.

There are people full of hate. But you, as a normal human-being, should not hate them, but feel sorry for them. These poor individuals hate themselves and you have to wonder why? Someone, physically and/oremotionally beat these individuals into this state of self-hatred.

Of course these are my own philosophies, what are yours

Old 01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Default RE: WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred

agreed...hatred doesnt bring out ones true feelings, it amplifies feelings that they keep inside because they care about others and dont want to hurt them...the fact that they dont show those feels shows they care

Old 01-11-2008, 03:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

-My comments are RACIAL not RACIST-Howard Stearn

Old 01-11-2008, 04:24 PM

I think too many people take alot of hatefull things said the wrong way.. or even innocent things. That reporter that said the best way to beat Tiger Woods at golf was to gang up in an alley and lynch him. I didn't think twice about this comment until people stated making a stink about it. Some of the online comments included "no white person was ever lynched", ummm... didn't they do that in New Mexico and the West in the 1800's to cattle russlers and the like? I simply never saw it as a racist remark as more of a copy of a line from the movie the Knights Talewhen referring to ajousting competitora knight asks a squire "How would you beat him?" and the response "With a stick while he slept." I simply thought it was amusing.

I myself have been on the end of the mistaken racial card too so I can understand it. When my wife cheated on me I nicknamed the guy in question "skidmark" referrering to underwear and someone with a wiping problem. I just compared the guy to the mark as how usefull of a human being he was - this is also someone that was a friend to me. We'll needless to say the guy is black and all of a sudden I'm comparing his race to the color of nasty underwear. Don't get me wrong I did find it amusing because I never thought of it in that way, but that was also my point, I didn't think of it that way in the first place until someone pointed it out. I just though he was a useless, worthless, no good, bum.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Photobucket

Wow... the story of the reporter... racist - whoa... I don't know, because I don't know the individual. Racially insensitive... oh yeah! Definitely a very poor choice of words at the very least. If I heard one of my employees make a statement like that, I would have tocall them into my office and givethem a warning. I would also be listening to how they spoke very closely for a very long time.

I truly believe you in your statement about yourself... I would think a friend that did that to me was a "piece of sh##" too -- regardless of their race.

I can tell you I grew up in a very mixed community of black & white. I can also tell you, whenmy friends and Iargued, we would call each names that we thought would hurt the other's feelings the most. But like I said in my prior post, it was not our true feelings (as some would have you believe) -- An hour later or the next day, we were best friends again.

From mylife experiences,I have learnedthat each racesee things totally different -- whites, blacks, latinos, hispanics, asians, etc. It is all based on their ancestry, age group,where they grew up, and their up bring. I can tell you my father was one of the biggest racist on this planet (when he was alive). I can tell you my mother has NEVER seen color -- only the person(and their spirit). My father tried to install his hatred into me, and my mother her love. My father had a name for every race and for some, multiple names. My mother only knew people by their names. My father NEVER liked any of my friends of color, and if he did, he would say something like, "Joey is a good N-i-g-g-e-r, or Alan is ok for a wetback" I remember the words burned me, everytime he would say them. It was like he was saying it to me, and it hurt my feelings.

But... in all honesty... some of his hatred was installed in me -- subconsciously. You cannot be engrained with all that hatred and not have some of it rub off. So while I believe I am totally fair, open, and even minded, I will not lie to you and tell you, I have not been with a group of white friends and make racist comments. I have... but I can also tell you, it burned everytime I have... whether itis God, or my mother's teachings, something always makes me walk away and feel ashamed of my actions.

With that said... I believe most people, of all races feel the same as I do... I am sure myfriends of colorhave with theirfriends, and I have had talks with them to know this is true. Again, that is the difference between most people, and those sad souls filled with hate!

Old 01-11-2008, 07:42 PM

I an equal opportuninty hater. Unless you prove yourself otherwise, I dont like you. Absolute truth.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Photobucket

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

I an equal opportuninty hater. Unless you prove yourself otherwise, I dont like you. Absolute truth.
You hate everyone equally? Mmmmk... I don't know what to say...

Old 01-11-2008, 08:01 PM

'Cept you of course Craig and a handful of others like the girl who rings up my coffee in the morning. As for the rest...I dont care if they burn!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:05 PM

Kin dof like me saying im not a racest.

I hate everyone one the same way.

the thing with Tiger woods and the reporter. She and HE have been frends for YEARS!!! this was a comment that he didnt even think was bad. Do i agree with the fact that she said this? No! WHY? becuse of excatly what happend over it. if they like to joke this way then they should do so not in the company of others that might take it wrong.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: BLACK ATTACK

ORIGINAL: BillFromTR

You hate everyone equally? Mmmmk... I don't know what to say...

Its the hard truth...not everyone believes the same way!...and I am affraid racism will never end! its part of life. I try my hardest to like everyone...but if we were all the same, if all of our views were the same...this would be a boring world!

Quick Reply: WARNING: Hot Topic - Ignorance, Racism, Hatred