Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-Warning to all Men -

Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: -Warning to all Men -

ORIGINAL: Cowboy6622

MCF Member Cowboy6622... hijacking great potential threads since June 6, 2007.
So..... wouldn't that make you an outlaw?

Old 02-04-2009, 07:23 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]
Encyclopedia >Thread Hijacking
[align=center][/align]

Thread hijacking is the act of taking a forum discussion thread off topic by discussing a subject entirely unrelated to the subject at hand. An Internet forum like the Monte Carlo Forumis a facility on the World Wide Web for holding discussions about automotive interest, and wild & crazy Off Topicposts by character members for humor/political/personal topic`s that fill in the empty space on the forum.... ...

While this can be an intentional act of trolling, it is often accidental - caused by other participants in the discussion responding to a throwaway remark, taking the thread off at a tangent to the original subject matter. The results, while often humorous, often extract a feeling of resentment from the author of the post: EmptySpace isnot offended, just puzzled by the intent of the self absorbed poster, &confused by the unknown sexual identity of the poster... Internet Troll In Internet terminology, a troll is someone who comes into an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude or offensive messages designed to intentionally annoy and antagonize the existing members or disrupt the flow of discussion (see Anonymous Internet posting). ...
The troll is tracked down by the Moderating Staff, and warned, blocked, beaten, removed or buried.
The Monte Carlo Forum Moderators have been praised and awarded for their dedication,for the removal of trolls from invading their family.
[/align]

Old 02-04-2009, 08:44 AM

Our World is full of stress, so let`s get back to some humor,
and the orignal intent of this thread.
[8D][][:-]
[:-]
How people get to work in the Middle East.
And you thought you had it bad.
They all are saving for a Monte Carlo
Kinda looks like the MCF Membership after a night of partying

Old 02-04-2009, 11:39 AM
rj
15 Year Member

Yeah, sure.

We all know every one of them is headed to live in the U.S.
THAT'S why they're on that truck.

And yet another thread hijacked by MCF member RJ.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:32 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

Question: Is it possible to hijack a thread about hi-jacking threads?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:31 PM

I think so.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:50 AM

[align=center]Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don`t matter and those who matter don`t mind. [/align][align=center]Dr. Seuss
US author & illustrator (1904 - 1991) [/align]
[align=center]__________________________________________________ _________
[/align][align=center]"It really does not matter what others think of your Monte Carlo,[/align][align=center]what matters most is what you think of your Monte Carlo"[/align][align=center]4-Sure[/align][align=center]`EmptySpace09

[/align]
__________________________________________________ ________

[align=center]This topic thread has not gonewhere I thought it would,[/align][align=center]and my intent was humor.[/align][align=center]I don`t care what a person does, or who they are, or what[/align][align=center]their lifestyle preference may be in `life. As long as they[/align][align=center]don`t purposely hurt with their words or acts.[/align][align=center]That they don`t attempt to recruit/influence others to do things[/align][align=center]that are wrong for them.[/align][align=center]"To each their own"[/align][align=center]"Being who you are is the most natural thing there is. To suppress it, whether through fear, pressure or lack of confidence always leads to trouble. That's why millions lead lives of frustration and desperation. [X(]They denied who they are in the hope that the powers that be would reward them. Their reward was mediocrity, depression and a nagging sense that life like that is scarcely worth living.Take up the challenge. Be whatever nature designed you to be. Never mind whether you face disapproval from those who lack the courage to follow the same route...[/align][align=center]Buy whatever auto you want, as long as it`s a Monte Carlo Yes, there may be a cost.$$$ Some people, even some friends, will disapprove of the new you and will let you know it. There will be setbacks along the way. Yet the price for being yourself can never be as great as the price you must pay for stepping aside from your basic nature: a price paid in frustration, dissatisfaction and wretched realization of all you might have been, but now can never attain... Mediocrity and frustration are the true price of conforming. Only those with the courage openly to live their dreams can ever find lasting success & happiness in their life."[/align][align=center]"Be happy to be free to `be who you are, and wise enough[/align][align=center]to appreciate owning& driving the awesome Chevrolet[/align][align=center]Monte Carlo.[/align][align=center]`amen[/align][align=center]___________________________________________[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Ok, whose going to post the next funny/joke/cartoon.[/align][align=center]Your turn to make your contributions to the MCF [/align][align=center]Peace/Out/Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]When that empty space is full

[IMG]local://upfiles/4301/B1F29D8CBB4543D09E106D08464EF562.gif[/IMG] [/align]

Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Taz

15 Year Member

Hey Space, I'm surprised you didn't come up with this slightly modded quote:

"Ask not what your Monte can do for you. Ask what you can do for your Monte!" - Space dood

Old 02-05-2009, 11:08 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

LOL!!! I love it Taz... great one. I always enjoy your words of wisdom 'Space.

The earlier part of the thread as just what the title said... a warning to all men to watch out for me while you are drunk!

I shall seduce RJ if it is the last thing I ever do.....

Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 PM
rj
15 Year Member

I shall seduce RJ if it is the last thing I ever do.....

Please call RJ immediately.
My cell number is: 1-937-MTY-CRLO. [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

OH. Please disregard this cell number. I made it up. I don't want someone calling and saying, "Um, can I speak to RJ?"
[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: -Warning to all Men -