Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Video of last race of the year.

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:46 PM
|
Default Video of last race of the year.

Well... Last race of the year I went out runner up in Terre Haute In.
Possible it could be my last race if I decide to get out of it and not continue on next year.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Q8RuP_wfnac

Our camera isn't to good but you will get the picture.
Hope you enjoy.

Old 10-23-2007 | 02:57 PM
Default RE: Video of last race of the year.

[align=center]Hi Cory,[/align][align=center]What will you do, if you don't race Jr Dragsters ?[/align][align=center]Will you built up your Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center]Will you take you Monte to the Track & test it ?[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]My computer is to slow to view your U-Tube Post, but[/align][align=center]I will check it out when I get to my friends house with a [/align][align=center]high speed connection, and super fast computer : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Thanks for sharing it, I look forward to viewing it.[/align][align=center]Congrat's on Runner Up...I bet you had a lot of fun.[/align][align=center]Please let the member's know what you are going to[/align][align=center]be racing next season. Please keep us updated.[/align][align=center]Peace Out[/align]

Old 10-23-2007 | 05:39 PM
rj
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Congratulations on getting runner up.

Just wondering why you think you may not be racing again next year?

Old 10-23-2007 | 06:29 PM
|

After getting done talking to my father for a good 20 mins.
I WILL be racing my Jr. next year... We agreed if Ipay for half of everything that I would continue to race my 'final' season of Jr. Dragster. You can only race these little things til you turn 18. So I'll be on the track next year tearing up the track hoping to be Champion again. It's going to be a long winter....

Old 10-23-2007 | 06:31 PM
|

Motor costs alone are almost $800!! Yikes Add that to an almost 500 bucks to get the car up to specks... I better get a good job..

Old 10-23-2007 | 09:44 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Congrats on runner up!
I'm impressed how quickly you caught up and passed that guy in the fifth race, considering the delayed reaction at the starting line.

How is it they consider a camera cheating? Depending on where you put it, wouldn't it add wind resistance? Thus not help you at all?

Old 10-24-2007 | 06:09 PM
rj
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Maybe they figure in the torque of the camera motor and that's it's being added to the car's engine thereby allowing you to cheat?

Old 10-24-2007 | 06:55 PM
|

Taz, it's a bracket race so I dial 7.94 to his 8.78. I give him the .84 of a second head start then chased him down. I acually had a better light. .000 being perfect I was .038 to his .125. That's a ton in Dragracing.

Rj, I think the guy was just being a jerk about the whole ordeal. One guy pointed it out and was like are you using that for your advantage...? And no it really won't add wind restince, it's only about the lenght of your hand and a quater in width..

Can't wait for April...

Old 10-24-2007 | 07:12 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Hi Cory.
I know about the lipstick camera not being a factor. I was just making a point. Obviously the camera in any racecar is going to be installed in a spot that won't interfere with the driver and won't affect the cars performance. I still can't see how they think your camera is cheating.

"delayed reaction" was a poor choice of words. I should have said head start. I was impressed with your fifth race. Nice job!

Old 10-24-2007 | 08:05 PM
|

Thanks Taz,

This is what i live for... I have been racing sence age 9 and love every second of it. I got some more videos of someone acually recording the run... have to get them off the camera and I'll post 'em up.

Quick Reply: Video of last race of the year.