Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Very nearly lost my Monte and my life

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:53 AM
1 Year Member
Default Very nearly lost my Monte and my life

Hey everyone so i just got home from one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me since I started driving. So I was heading up to get a bite to eat before I have to go to work a little later. On the way up to where I was going there is a 55MPH road that luckily has a center median/turn lane. Well I was on the road minding my business in the left hand lane next to the center median. Well as I was driving I can up to this little Honda hatchback thing ( I think it was a fit) in the right lane. I was going to pass her like normal. And as I had the front bumper up to about the mid way of her car she started coming over into my lane a little bit. It was around a turn so I figured maybe she was just coming to the outside just a bit like I see every now and again, so I went a little more to the left just to give this lady a little more room and I looked over and she was looking at her phone (I assume texting) which pissed me off. Then she started coming into my lane really quick almost as if she was trying to do a lane change and this is where it got scary and almost surreal. I got half way over in the median and slammed on the horn to see if that would get her over which she didn't she just kept coming over into my lane. So I got over into the median and slammed on the gas while still on my horn and went around her. I then got in the right hand lane and slowed down so I could get beside her and cuss her out. But as I slowed down she slowed down, she knew I was pissed. This continued till we got down to this little area where I was going to eat. She turned off behind me and went through the parking lot of this area while I was still on the road. She was trying to not get into a confrontation with me. But I knew where she was going and I went to the other side and blocked the parking lot "road" off where I knew she was coming. I got out of my car. She came around the corner like I thought and she stopped and she knew she was in trouble. I walked over to her she rolled her window down and I chewed her A** out. Not only for running me off the road but for texting on the road. She started balling her eyes out and I got back in my car and drove away. Normally I'm a pretty calm person and I very very rarely get mad. But when you threaten my life by texting then you absolutely deserve to get your A** chewed out.

The scary part it, not even 200 feet down the road the median stopped and it is just 4 lanes of traffic. Had this happened 5 seconds later I would have been going head on into oncoming traffic and probably hit someone head on. At 55 MPH that would have equated to a 110MPH crash if I hit someone head on who was doing 55mph. My Monte wouldn't have made it and I doubt I would have to. I've had some horrible drivers do some crazy things around me before. But this takes the cake. Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?

Old 01-21-2014, 11:08 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
Hey everyone so i just got home from one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me since I started driving. So I was heading up to get a bite to eat before I have to go to work a little later. On the way up to where I was going there is a 55MPH road that luckily has a center median/turn lane. Well I was on the road minding my business in the left hand lane next to the center median. Well as I was driving I can up to this little Honda hatchback thing ( I think it was a fit) in the right lane. I was going to pass her like normal. And as I had the front bumper up to about the mid way of her car she started coming over into my lane a little bit. It was around a turn so I figured maybe she was just coming to the outside just a bit like I see every now and again, so I went a little more to the left just to give this lady a little more room and I looked over and she was looking at her phone (I assume texting) which pissed me off. Then she started coming into my lane really quick almost as if she was trying to do a lane change and this is where it got scary and almost surreal. I got half way over in the median and slammed on the horn to see if that would get her over which she didn't she just kept coming over into my lane. So I got over into the median and slammed on the gas while still on my horn and went around her. I then got in the right hand lane and slowed down so I could get beside her and cuss her out. But as I slowed down she slowed down, she knew I was pissed. This continued till we got down to this little area where I was going to eat. She turned off behind me and went through the parking lot of this area while I was still on the road. She was trying to not get into a confrontation with me. But I knew where she was going and I went to the other side and blocked the parking lot "road" off where I knew she was coming. I got out of my car. She came around the corner like I thought and she stopped and she knew she was in trouble. I walked over to her she rolled her window down and I chewed her A** out. Not only for running me off the road but for texting on the road. She started balling her eyes out and I got back in my car and drove away. Normally I'm a pretty calm person and I very very rarely get mad. But when you threaten my life by texting then you absolutely deserve to get your A** chewed out.

The scary part it, not even 200 feet down the road the median stopped and it is just 4 lanes of traffic. Had this happened 5 seconds later I would have been going head on into oncoming traffic and probably hit someone head on. At 55 MPH that would have equated to a 110MPH crash if I hit someone head on who was doing 55mph. My Monte wouldn't have made it and I doubt I would have to. I've had some horrible drivers do some crazy things around me before. But this takes the cake. Anyone else have anything like this happen to them?
I was rear ended by three dumb girls in one crash (not my monte, my moms brand new Nissan) beacuse they were all texting on their phones. The girl directly behind me was crying to the police officer that she couldnt afford insurance. (While texting on her brand new $300 cell phone) I wanted to yell at her and all the others who had wronged me. But even right after it all happened I got out, stayed calm, and made sure everyone is ok. Its very tempting to lose your cool and while she may have deserved an *** chewing it could benefit you to remain calm and correct her in less of a *** chewing way. Just IMO. Some guy could have walked by, seen you making a girl cry, and knocked your *** flat. Unfortuantly for us though girls use crying as a defense mechanism way to often and its hard to know what to do in a situation like that. Usually I do mostly what you did. Honk my horn and nail the gas, im surprised your exhaust didn't scare the **** out of her and that little civic. But just IMO it might benefit you to try to keep a cooler head. Its something I've learned through experience.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:14 AM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Wow, glad your OK and you were able to avoid a collision. I almost got t-boned by a girl putting non her makeup and ran a red light. 2 cars in front of me went I looked and seen she wasn't stopping so I stopped and sure enough she blew right through the light...

Old 01-21-2014, 11:20 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Now people cant drive without "texting" of all things, TEXTING. Are people that addicted to their phones that they cannot put it down for 5 minutes?? I first thought that it was only people 30 and younger that were so into their phones but now I realize most of society is absolutely hooked. I will never be like that and I am born in the 80's. Young girls especially need to get off their phones while driving. I am not saying men should be or don't do it but I see almost every young girl on their phone behind the wheel.

We all need to go back to the 80's and try living in a time where if you had to meet someone you called before you left your house. I miss those times. When you set up a time to meet friends and if someone did not show by that time you gave them 5 minutes and left. I especially can't stand when someone asks why I don't answer right away and I tell them I am driving and I don't text unless I am pulled over in a parking lot. People expect your phone to be in your hand at all times or something.

If you really need to talk to someone while driving, buy a bluetooth and talk. Technology is good in some ways but it other ways it is really messing some people people up. Lots of things to do in life besides staring at your phone.

Last edited by Slugger088; 01-21-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2014, 11:24 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member

Just plain stupidity and lack of understanding they have a 4 thousand pound weapon in there hands. Im glad you made it out with just getting the hell scared out of you.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:33 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by dbaldwin
I was rear ended by three dumb girls in one crash (not my monte, my moms brand new Nissan) beacuse they were all texting on their phones. The girl directly behind me was crying to the police officer that she couldnt afford insurance. (While texting on her brand new $300 cell phone) I wanted to yell at her and all the others who had wronged me. But even right after it all happened I got out, stayed calm, and made sure everyone is ok. Its very tempting to lose your cool and while she may have deserved an *** chewing it could benefit you to remain calm and correct her in less of a *** chewing way. Just IMO. Some guy could have walked by, seen you making a girl cry, and knocked your *** flat. Unfortuantly for us though girls use crying as a defense mechanism way to often and its hard to know what to do in a situation like that. Usually I do mostly what you did. Honk my horn and nail the gas, im surprised your exhaust didn't scare the **** out of her and that little civic. But just IMO it might benefit you to try to keep a cooler head. Its something I've learned through experience.
Yea, normally I do keep my cool. But I also have never had my life threatened before. If she had got back over in her lane when i got on the horn the first time I probably would have let it go. But the fact that she just kept coming and pushing me over all while on the phone, I just couldn't take. I don't like yelling, especially at girls. I wasn't raised like that and I will never be like that. However when you threaten my life, that is absolutely another story. And if I get knocked flat on my ***, that's fine. I can take a hit pretty well, the main thing is to teach the person a lesson so they don't threaten anymore lives.; Hopefully the *** chewing taught her a lesson. The one thing that really gets to me is that she wasn't a young girl. She was probably in her 40's for 50's. By that age you should absolutely know better to not do that. I agree that in certain situations keeping your cool can be best, I just don't think this was one of those times.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:34 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Slugger088
Now people cant drive without "texting" of all things, TEXTING. Are people that addicted to their phones that they cannot put it down for 5 minutes?? I first thought that it was only people 30 and younger that were so into their phones but now I realize most of society is absolutely hooked. I will never be like that and I am born in the 80's. Young girls especially need to get off their phones while driving. I am not saying men should be or don't do it but I see almost every young girl on their phone behind the wheel.

We all need to go back to the 80's and try living in a time where if you had to meet someone you called before you left your house. I miss those times. When you set up a time to meet friends and if someone did not show by that time you gave them 5 minutes and left. I especially can't stand when someone asks why I don't answer right away and I tell them I am driving and I don't text unless I am pulled over in a parking lot. People expect your phone to be in your hand at all times or something.

If you really need to talk to someone while driving, buy a bluetooth and talk. Technology is good in some ways but it other ways it is really messing some people people up. Lots of things to do in life besides staring at your phone.
The thing is that she wasn't even a young girl. She was in probably her 40's or 50's. Absolutely old enough to know not to text and drive.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:36 AM

Monte of the Month -- August 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf
The thing is that she wasn't even a young girl. She was in probably her 40's or 50's. Absolutely old enough to know not to text and drive.
Yup, everyone is hooked. And these type of people are brain dead anyway. Think about it, how stupid is driving and trying to type something out.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Its funny after all this time how we still expect people to grow up when society makes it so easy for them not to have too.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:38 AM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Slugger088
Yup, everyone is hooked. And these type of people are brain dead anyway. Think about it, how stupid is driving and trying to type something out.
I absolutely agree. I'm still pretty young at 21 and I have never texted and drove. My phone stays in my pocket at all times. I have even seen older ladies (like in there 60's and 70's) texting which is absolutely crazy to me.

Quick Reply: Very nearly lost my Monte and my life