Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Very bad accident involving kids racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Unhappy Very bad accident involving kids racing

There was a terrible accident yesterday in Little Rock. Two cars were racing down a very busy avenue and the worst did happen.

Very Bad.

UPDATE: Drag Racing May Be to Blame for Fatal Crash - KATV Channel 7 - The Spirit of Arkansas:

Car race in rush hour causes two deaths | todaysthv.com
LRPD investigating fatal accident | Video | todaysthv.com

Old 01-25-2012, 01:22 PM

Horrible tragedy. Of course they had to be doing it during the middle of the day to get innocents involved.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Bad bad bad.... that red car looks like a Lincoln

Old 01-25-2012, 02:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

I just don't see the point of drag racing/street racing in town. Too many possibilities for something tragic like this to happen. It's too bad they had to take the the life of an innocent passenger and cause damage to other vehicles.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Thats just sad

Old 01-25-2012, 03:09 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That's horrible news

Old 01-25-2012, 03:26 PM

Kids always come up and wanna race wether it be a mustang or a regular moms car. I always say no, I only race at the track and they can make fun of me all they want. Then you hear about something like this. This is just horrible and one of the many reasons I will never race off-track.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:29 PM

It will never happen to me or will it could it could it happen to you ? What `if ? How can this be stopped ?

"Stupid people, do Stupid things, but it's sad when their stupid acts kill innocent people & put so many in harm"

A old Hot Rod Lincoln, and a Dub'ed out Silver Olds Cutless

WoW...

I doubt when they started their day that they knew it was going 2 be their last day on planet earth....(?)

Thanks Richard for posting & sharing & I hope it makes the readers & viewers of your post "THINK" b-4 they race on the street.. I admit, I was guilty of Street Racing, but we always raced on isolated roads & and were stupid cautious. (I thought).. I did end up getting caught for street racing & it cost me a ton of ($'s) & a very expensive life lesson...

There has been street racing since the beginning of the automobile, and when two horses lined `up in the old west
LOL...My horse is faster then your horse....My girl can beat you girl My sons faster then your son Wanta race ?

I hope our MCF Member's take it 2 the track...This message has been brought 2 you from a Mature `Space...

"We Live, and sometimes (?) we learn from our mistakes, or from the mistakes of others"`amen

Last edited by Space; 01-25-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sad thing is this is only gonna get worse. Look at the Hp the new cars are pumping out. Soon the parents will be letting their kids drive them and then what? 5-6-700 hp cars and a 16 year old do not equal good times. I did my share of burnouts but only raced once. Stupid anyways.

Old 01-25-2012, 06:34 PM

I too only raced once and it was stupid. I see it often on I-4 on my way home from work. No matter how safe you think you are, it isn't a controlled environment like a closed race track is. How many people have large and small animals dart into the roadway at normal speeds. Like it or not, the fact is that the faster your car moves down the road the less stable it becomes. You can't change physics. You can change your actions before tragedy strikes. Street racing is just stupid. In film and television it looks cool, but it isn't real.

Quick Reply: Very bad accident involving kids racing