Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Vacation Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 07:56 AM

Hi `Keane & thanks for posting & sharing.
No Pictures of you having `fun

I am intrigued with the Amish way of life. I've read about them & would really enjoy visiting that area of the country.
They live a simple, hardworking life 4-Sure...
It sure is beautiful country & you are fortunate to be able to experience this adventure

I also see that one of them is a Chevy MCF enthusiast lol

Attached Thumbnails Vacation Pictures-keane-mcf.jpg  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome pictures!

Old 07-03-2012, 08:25 AM

Monte Of The Month -- October 2012
3 Year Member

Sweet pictures! Looks like a great time

Old 07-03-2012, 11:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
Cool pics, I would like to camp this year but it probably wont happen. My wife and I were thinking about taking our youngest and staying in a cabin at one of the State parks but nothing is solid yet.
Then maybe you might want to rent a camper from General RV?
State parks dont have cabins to rent....

But all KOA campgrounds do have cabins to rent...

Just a little FYI from an avid camper...
Our camper. at porthuron KOA

Attached Thumbnails Vacation Pictures-camping-port-huron.jpg  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

KOA! Theres actually 2 with in an hour of my house. The campground we were at had alot t rent, odd things like a teepee, yurt, covered wagon, caboose, bus, boat. And normal things like cabins bars and trailers. Anyway i said more pictures so here we go

Horse and buggy parking, and i promise you this is at walmart, i didn't think to catch the store in the pic but it is

The rest of the vacation we went to some other shops and so on. Went to a place called "Plain and Fancy" Its a family style(you sit with total strangers lol) amish feast. You sit down and they just bring out the food as if you were home. I found it quite good. No pictures from there.

Our trip out was rather uneventful aside from the fact that the stow strap on my moms car came off 3 times and got all beat up. But that was a live and learn experience and we solved that problem. Leaving and the trip back on the other hand didn't go so well. The turn to leave our site was like a 120 degree turn, no problem in a golf cart or the car. But looking at it i said to my dad there was no way we'd get out, he insisted we would. So with everythign loaded and hooked up i headed that way, stopped because i knew i couldn't make it but i could still go the other way. He told me keep going and we got stuck.. Camper couldn't turn tight enough. And we cant back up with the car on the tow dolly as there are too many pivot points and we risk breaking something. So we had to unload the car and do some manuevering to get out.

Then we screwed up on our navigating and missed a turn somewhere and ended up going the wrong way, that was fun Best was on one detour going up a steep hill i had my foot to the floor and was only doing like 25 Heres the setup

The rest of the pictures i have are just general scenery. I really loved it out there with all the farms and cornfields.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
5 Year Member

And a few more, and space my moms camera problem has pictures of me

Thanks for looking, glad you liked em

Old 07-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

cool pics man! looks like a neat vacation... helluva classy campground too, lol.

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Like i said, more pics tomorrow. and Chris i believe i went through bushkill on my way down.
if you guys ran route 209 down between milford and marshalls creek on the way down ( senic 2 lane road through the park), you pretty much drove past my house, lol. but there's another bushkill (bushkill center) farther south too, out near bangor.

Old 07-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Haha horse & buggy parking wasnt expecting inclosed lol looks like a fun.vacation

Old 07-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Looks like a nice vacation..

Old 07-03-2012, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by skylark65
cool pics man! looks like a neat vacation... helluva classy campground too, lol.

if you guys ran route 209 down between milford and marshalls creek on the way down ( senic 2 lane road through the park), you pretty much drove past my house, lol. but there's another bushkill (bushkill center) farther south too, out near bangor.
We took route 209 and that detour after milford was a killer I do like the new sections they have but my gps doesn't

Quick Reply: Vacation Pictures