Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

-Ungrateful -

Old 12-23-2011, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question -Ungrateful -

Hi Member's,

How many in your life `do for you ? How many in your `life do you `do for ?

Are there more takers in `Life then Giver's ?

The more I travel my journey of `Life, the more I encounter more people that are thankless & ungrateful Is it just me, or do you also encounter many in your life that are thankless & just feel entitled ?

Definition of Ungrateful

Not grateful; not thankful for favors; making no returns, or making ill return for kindness, attention, etc.; ungrateful.
Ungrateful - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...

showing no gratitude : making a poor return <AN child ungrateful>. 2. : disagreeable; also : thankless.

I hope that this Holiday season will bring out the best of everyone,
and that people become more appreciative of who & what
they have in their life + show appreciation & thanks
to the ones that do for them..

Is it just `me ?, or do you encounter thankless people
in your `life ?
Please share your experience & Post.
I wish everyone a Thankful Day & Holiday Season...

Last edited by Space; 12-24-2011 at 05:50 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

So true Space. I see it in some of my son's friends. A stage between adulthood and being a child. They expect the world to hand them things like mom and dad did.

We eased Zach into it by gradually making him more reasponsable for his own life.
As Zach got older he was reasponsible for more of his expenses, car insurance, clothes ect... He now knows what it takes to obtain even the neccesities of life. When Wifey or I now go the extra mile for him he is very gratefull becuse he knows what it took to do it.

This increases gratfullness when good thing do come into your life.

Gratefullness is truely knowing what you, or another person sacrificed to bring something good into your life.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:57 AM

Thanks `Tadd for your words of wisdom & for sharing..`Zach is lucky to have good parents that are preparing him for the world...

I am so thankful for the teachings & examples taught to me by my grandfather & his senior citizen friends...The older I become, the more thankful I am for their sacrifices that they gave `up to raise the beachbum's & I...

Thanks again for your post & all your contributions...
We appreciate 4-Sure

Old 12-23-2011, 09:11 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is true. So many young kids tend to think they want it all and have a right to it. Do not want to work for anything. We, as parents are somewhat responsible. We want our kids to have a better life than we did and therefor try to give it to them. then you realize what you have created and try to backtrack. What a tangled web we weave.

Old 12-24-2011, 03:48 AM

Thanks `Jerry, for sharing.. Yes, I think many parents spoil their children & then pay a big price later in their children's life...

I've noticed a big difference on how kids that are just given a nice car, and the one's that had to work to get their car.
The ones that were given a car seem to abuse them, and the one's that worked for their car, take care of them. Just one example, & I know there are many...I really believe when you work hard for something, that you appreciate it more.. and take care of what you have....

Last edited by Space; 12-24-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Search this Thread