Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Twisted Metal fuel Line on the suburban

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 06:15 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Twisted Metal fuel Line on the suburban

Hey guys so I was trying to unscrew the fuel lines from the throttle body and twisted the line. How do I fix this? Can I cut out the twisted line and replace it or does the entire line need to be replaced? It started up and did not leak yet.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:02 PM

If you ask a mechanic, of course the whole line needs replaced along with the throttle body and a bunch of other **** that probably doesn't need replaced.

You ask a DIY'er... "whatever works." LOL.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:29 PM

Only problem is my brother did the same thing years ago and just spliced some line in. His nova burnt to the ground when the engine caught on fire. lol

I am going to replace the line with a junkyard replacement or look into changing to braided stainless line options.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009

todd, you definitly wanna replace the entire line. no need for an engine fire on the new truck. to tell ya the truth, bending brake & fuel lines is very simple, with the right tools... heck, if I can do it, lol.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

get your self some of this todd... i discovered that my fuel line was leaking on my was back from upnorth(i was about 100 miles from home... i was pissed sitting on the side of the road trying to figure out how to get home when u guy stops he's got a this stuff in his trailer he hooked me up with some... i ran with that on there for 2 years befor we sold the little s-10 blazer

Old 09-26-2009, 09:43 PM

i think napa has fuel line repair kits...you cut the end off flair it and use the supplied compression fitting and the replacement piece...i just used it on my 95 monte cuz the feed and return fuel lines rotted out under my car worked pretty good...however on my camaro i am going the braided route and making all new lines...either way would work..plus if you go braided..you could put a fuel pressure guage in

Old 09-26-2009, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by daves92camaro
i think napa has fuel line repair kits...you cut the end off flair it and use the supplied compression fitting and the replacement piece...i just used it on my 95 monte cuz the feed and return fuel lines rotted out under my car worked pretty good...however on my camaro i am going the braided route and making all new lines...either way would work..plus if you go braided..you could put a fuel pressure guage in
I am really leaning towards the braided lines. How do I get the correct fittings to hook it up to the throttle body?

Old 09-26-2009, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member

what i did was just cut it about 2 inches back from the original fiting the flaired the end put it on and the slipped the braides on secured by a hose clamp ... but i am sure if you go and get th line

Old 09-26-2009, 10:20 PM
10 Year Member

and bring the original fitting in they probably can get u set up with the correct setup

Old 09-26-2009, 10:37 PM

let me go check thirdgen.org..the camaro forum i belong too...they had a write up on it..you pretty much have the same thing...so it;ll prob work for you..

Quick Reply: Twisted Metal fuel Line on the suburban