Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, October 30th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 09:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks!

Old 10-30-2012, 10:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

YW Mike!

I failed to mention yesterday...Lou its an 01 black with the silver checkered flag pattern down it...pacecar

Turns out the guys Monte Carlo that broke down at my house...
was a 2001 pacecar edition Monte with a 3800...
The reason it was over heating is that 1 of the 2 elbows was split wide open...the other was dry rotted and broke apart as he tore it down..So He replaced both.

Needless to say My neighbor (The certified mechanic of the neighborhood) repaired it for him in an 1 1/2 hrs. charged him $100.00 and the guy threw him a $5.00 tip lol.

So it turned out it wasnt any of the intake gaskets..

Last edited by STUMPMI; 10-30-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM

Good afternoon all... Sitting at my break area, waiting to get to work in 30mins... Be here till 1030. Its not so bad... Yet. It almost feels like im running 4 shifts of 30mins each and then WHAM! Time to go home...

My wife has heen trying to get on the same shift as me, bit was told last night she had to stay where she is until further notice. We'll find out when she gets to work with me, i hour its soon.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:03 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good afternoon everyone. Just woke up from our nap. Kind of hard to sleep when OZZIE starts lickin your face. Guess he wated to go out for a min. Its 3:00 pm. Thanks Matt for that shot of I 94. I think thats what it is ? Also thanks To Dave his photo. Tadd: How Mom doing ? And did you find out whats wrong with the Monte ? Man I miss living in Michigan. Thats where I was born and raised till the yr 2001. Then we moved to MINN. I have a lot of friends in Mi. I try to see them all when we come back to town every yr. NOW!! Just counting the days till our 6 month Vacation. . Ok its coffee time and try to wake up.............

Old 10-30-2012, 03:52 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Good evening all. Just home from work trying to decide what is for dinner. Always a task..Been raining all day but thankful that is all.

Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 77gp
Just home from work trying to decide what is for dinner. Always a task..
Me to.....dinner is always a task for a single guy who also hates grocery shopping....... I drive by a grocery every day but I just can't seem to make my way in........

Old 10-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Good morning everyone!

Had to go into work today, no internet or tv at home.

Evening everybody!

Mike, glad to see you're doing okay. I hope everyone in the storm's path is safe and comes out okay.

We did fairly well here in Windsor and Detroit, compared to the eastern seaboard. (knocks on wood) Just cold, windy, and rainy. Some usual wind damage that comes with any high winds. But nothing disasterous, thank God.

Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by the eastcoast storm.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:19 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

evening all, power finally came back after loosing it around 5:15 yesterday evening. Yesterday was insanely windy here. But we really didn't get alot of rain, so the only damage in the area is just from the wind. We had a few trees fall on our property, one just missing my moms car by a couple feet. I went to work early last night and got out late as we had a 3 truck load and the store is still wiped out. Another big load tonight and i was off but i'll be working. Hope everyone else in the storms path made out good

Old 10-30-2012, 08:15 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Evening all. Dinner has always been a tough decision around here. especially if my wife and I both work on the same day. Nobody wants to cook then. She made Chicken noodle soup tonight tho so we can have that for a few days

Dave Glad to hear your neighbor could help the guy out and put a few bucks in his pocket.

Old 10-30-2012, 08:28 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Evening all!

everythings good here. Weather here is just rain and high wind...minimal rain.

Mrs made a killer supper tonight! Veal Parmisean, spaghetti, and garlic bread MMMMMMMMM...One of my fave meals for sure!

Topped off with...Dbl Chocolate cake warmed topped with Vanilla ice cream (breyers).

Needless to say...feeling kinda fat at the moment and stuffed.

Just a little FYI for you single fellas...
I like chefboyrdee (prolly not spelled correctly)
Makes these killer microwaveable lunchs in a can that you can heat up in 45 secs. Ravioli,spaghetti,etc...Somedays I have them for lunch..quick,easy, tastey...that along with a hot ham and cheese sandwich MMMMMMM. good stuff...
So, next time you drive by the grocery store...."DONT"... stop and pickup a cpl and you wont be sorry or hungry!

Have a great evening EV1...Hope all is well for everyone on the storm front!

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, October 30th 2012