Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, November 27th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 07:35 AM

I'd like to join the parade of members who have nothing to say. I wonder how much space we can fill up saying nothing? It's only 25* here in St. Louis this morning, my poor Monte is covered in frost. At least underneath the frost she's shiny and clean. I'll check back in later when I have more of nothing to say.....HAVE A MONTELICIOUSLY BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!

Attached Thumbnails Tuesday, November 27th 2012-87-aerocoupe.jpg  
Old 11-27-2012, 07:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Not at all a subject I talk about if I can help it. But a good friend pasted on yesterday. And after i heard that bad news it bothered me all day & last night. Ever since I was forced to go to my grandma's service when I was about 10 yrs old its bothered me big time. I don;t talk on that subject at all. Till now. Just have to get it off my chest. Its a subject that has scared me for over many yrs. Another close friend i HAVE HIM & i FEEL THE SAME! Its something that on my mind alot thru the yrs. Riding with crazy suckers That I did and the things that I and we did. Being young and bullet proof only last so long. And one day you wake up to the thought. That you could be next at anytime. I try hard not to think about it. But t keeps coming up. 99.5% of the time I'm a happy go lucky have fun kind of guy. But its that 5% that keeps kickin me in the guts. Ok nuff said about that. Just had to get that off my chest. Hope it helps me now. Ok i'm going to get a cup of coffee. And relax for a while. THANKS for letting me go on like that. Rick

Last edited by Ricks 2006 SS; 11-27-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:32 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

I'm not ready for winter

Old 11-27-2012, 08:33 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Dang Chibi, at least you're getting some snow

Stumbled across this article earlier, why do 5th gens always have to be so beat up?

$600 car issued more than $100,000 in parking tickets | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Old 11-27-2012, 08:47 AM

Hi EveryOne,
Mod `Mike, I got chill's look'in @ your pictures. I hope in your future that you get a auto garage bedroom for your rides 4-$ure...
==============================
Hi John, Not all owners abuse their 5th Gen Monte Carlo's 4-Sure...You are just one of many that treat their Monte's with love...Many people don't take care of their rides I find it sad & I don't know why ?
<~Sad , but love below

Last edited by Space; 11-27-2012 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

got about 1.5" of snow out there, and it's still coming down...

Old 11-27-2012, 09:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Another beautiful chilly sunny day in Michigan!
Once again I got up today and my back is still being a pain...
Looks like my arthritis,Is not been on my side lately!
My chiropractor passed away around 8 months ago...and havent been to one since..
So, today Im going to a new one...I hope this one is a personable as mine that passed... I have a 1 pm appt...and at the very least he knew of my old chiropractors. Claire and Roger Odell.... They were on the board of health show back in the late 50's and early 60's on television...

Also got a call from my little brother yesterday afternoon...another good friend of ours passsed away yesterday..I guess hed been fighting Cancer for the past 7 years, he beat it once and it returned..passed away at home in front of his wife and daughter while talking to them in the living room..apparently he just returned home the day before from his kemo treatment... paul will be missed ..he was a good man..

Its hell getting old...We all know were not invinceable..Despite being young at heart..The inevitable will come for all of us 1 day...Its just a bit of a shock as our family and friends pass away...As the years go by...
Unfortunately, hes going to be creamated, and the family for paul is just haveing a small service..(all the doc bills treatments etc..have left them financially ruined)....there not even able to have a viewing...

But life goes on! Took zeus for a walk yesterday....He maxed out at 2 blocks...and by the time we hit the front door, He was ready for a nap...
This morning hes his bright ol chipper self...So, I guess it didnt hurt him any...Hes just old...91 yrs old according to the vet...(ive had him for 13yrs)..Looks like after the chiropractor Im pulling the MOnte into the Garage,heat it up...and give it a good waxing for the winter months...
Time for a coffee refill! and get a clean before I hit the chiropractor...

Have a Great day EV1!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM

Hi Ryan, David, Angie, Rick, Keane, Mike(s), John, Chris, EveryOne,

15 Sweetest Animal Foster Families - PawNation

Click above link 4 More...Adopt a Pet `if you can afford `OK
EnJoy (Oh, I think one of the above is one of our MCF Member's) LOL

Last edited by Space; 11-27-2012 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:34 AM
Zen
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Afternoon all
Just a slow day here.

Old 11-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2009
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

what do you guys think, should i look into a job at a local ski slope? pays roughly minimum wage, only for the winter, and i'd be outside all day, but it's less than 5 miles up the road and it's fairly easy work (using the snow machines / ski lift). right now i'm not working at all, is it worth it?

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, November 27th 2012