Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, March 5th 2013

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning all. Just waiting at work for our manager to get here to let us in. As of now only eight hours to go lol

Old 03-05-2013, 07:38 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning everyone!

I was hoping to be done with this white stuff!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

morning all, just a flippin fantastic day here...... down to 1 car, the 04

Old 03-05-2013, 07:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
10 Year Member

Old 03-05-2013, 08:07 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

Morning all, woke up to a bunch of that anoying whitestuff,

On the news they where saying 8.5in

Took it like a champ!!!
Turned off the traction control and went on my merry little way, unplowed roads, halfplowed man it just kept going! Too bad i have to work...

Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Good morning everyone. Just another work day in Mexico. Heading home Friday. I'm anxious to get home this time because I have four separate orders that will be, or have already been, delivered by the time I return home. It'll be like Christmas again.

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
Chasing is definitely fun. I've always been fascinated with storms since I grew up in Oklahoma. I'm hoping when I drive out there for a weekend in a month or so I have a chance to do some chasing. If not, I'll wait for an opportunity to chase locally some.
I've always been interested in severe weather. Storm chasing would be so much fun!

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Michigan members as well! Matt you weren't sure if you were going to get hit, it looks like yes but not to bad, 2-4 inches at the most and most likely tonight/tomorrow. IF it keep tracking southward you might not even see anything! It's a very weird moving storm.
Devin, I think this system is diving south of us for the most part. Sounds like the southern MI counties bordering Ohio are suppose to get 1-3" while areas North of that will get a trace to 1". There's a slight warming trend throughout the week so I'm sure it's all going to be gone by the time I get home later this week anyway.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Keane, did you find a storage spot?

Had a little disaster last night here at home. Water pipe supplying water to the dish washer burst. Went down stairs about an hour before going to work only to find the laundry area of the basement raining water all over the place. Luckily there's no drywall in this old house. And the basement is unfinished, so nothing needed to be thrown out. I turned off the water shutoff supplying the dishwasher, cranked up the dehumidifier in the area to help dry the place, and went to work. Came home to find the laundry area about 90% dried out. So far, so good.

Keeping the dehumidifier running today. And hopefully all will be okay.

Ironically, I already had a repair guy scheduled to do some warranty repair on the dishwasher for an unrelated issue. But not till thursday. Gotta wash dishes by hand for now.

Washing dishes by hand should be considered inhumane. Or cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by SupplySgt
David,

This laptop I'm using has XP Pro on it. That's what I'll use while I'm chasing. It's the desktop that still has Vista. I'll probably delete Vista off of it once I go through the files on there. I'll keep your offer in mind if I think of keeping a Windows based OS on there so thanks. I don't use the desktop nearly as much though so I don't know how much I could justify it. I'd also need more time to work on my computer projects as well.

Chasing is definitely fun. I've always been fascinated with storms since I grew up in Oklahoma. I'm hoping when I drive out there for a weekend in a month or so I have a chance to do some chasing. If not, I'll wait for an opportunity to chase locally some.
I too always like the weather...
The worse it got...The more I liked it!...
So, heres my offer:
If and when you deceide to go chaseing...I would enjoy nothing more than doing the drive whilst you run the command post!

I liked the movie TWISTER...
Thats the ultimate adventure in weather id like to get involved in!
So, If you ever need a wingman..
Count me in!

Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Morning all. 1st Damn Dave don't you sleep any more ? Up at 3:30 am We were woke up by our phones going off. Got a text from both of our daughters Telling us that everyone is home today! No school in both cities where they live. Makes my 17 yr old grandson happy Plus my 13 and 11 yr old grand kids in St Micheals happy also. I shot Stumpmi ( Dave) some pixs of my sheet metal magnet note board I put up yesterday. Then worked on both bikes we bought at the patio sale Got both of them cleaned up and some New grips. Spent most of the day rearrangeing the shed. Put in the TV we had and also the $ 5. 00 radio I bought also. Turned out to be a fun day just doing nothing!. Today were off shopping for two recliners. After that I have NO idea whats going on here. I really hope this is that last storm you guys get this yr. Your sure making up for that one warm winter a few yrs ago . Ok DAVE wake up . Drop your socks and grab ........ Ok time to jump in the shower. later all.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:51 AM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, March 5th 2013