Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, January 7th, 2014

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hey you all Good morning !!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!
Mike (03SSLE) Thanks for starting the Daily Blog!
Where ya been? Havent seen you on here in quite a while.

Not a good sight here at the STUMPMI household...
I live in the land of Icicles.. I have 4, 5 and 6 footers hanging of my house... Huge friggn Ice dams. I don't understand it. we insulated the attic to a R47 rateing...(Highest rateing) New gutters 3 yrs ago and this is the worst ever daming and ice hanging from my gutters I have ever had in in the 14 yrs I have lived here. Forunately my gutters are hung on a triangulated hangers VS the old single nail style/type. So I have no worries about them coming down. I am going to go out today and knock/break them off the house (Less hanging weight) Since today is suppose to be the last day of the deep freeze.

Mike: (Chibi) sorry to hear your still feeling under the weather..
Hope you feel better soon! I'm sure being without heat didn't help.
Now you know how it feels to be an ice cube in the tray in the freezer. lol

Tad:
Did you get the garage door code out of the 04? If so..what method worked ? Might be great advise to make a sticky in the General Discussion
Thread...
Did you get a proof of insurance from the dealer? But generally when you purchase a car from the dealer... They/you cant plate it without insurance.
Hence the paper license plate. So you are definitely covered.. Call your insurance guy if you need piece of mind about it.

Devin:
You can stop all the deep freeze here anytime.... I think we have all had enough...lol Thanks for the heads up on the weather and temps!

Matt:
Killer pic of the deep frozen Mitten in the snow...

Jason:
Isnt it amazeing how they tell you the regulator is fine/good...now that the temps drop it fouls up and leaves you in the deep freeze.. Maybe its time to upgrade?...

This is not the time to have a battery take a dump on you...This cold is murder on batterys...dress warm! Even thought the sierra is stored outdoors and covered with a battery tender... Its been firing right up despite the cold.... I let it run just long enough to get all the fluids circulateing before it gets hot enough to overheat with no real air circulating through the radiator...

Have a Great Day EV1!
Stay warm and safe out there!

Old 01-07-2014, 09:43 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

Really cold here like -12. Have only been out once. Not suppose to be on the roads but have to go to bank later. Was suppose to start new job Monday but again pushed till tomorrow. Suppose to hit 25, Heatwave! Stay safe all. Mustang has been garaged but will have to hit the streets later. Might be fun.

Old 01-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Hey David we called the insurance this morning they where finally opened. We will get proof of insurance today by e-mail

Nope haven't cleared the code yet as we have not transferred ownership to Zach yet due to the weather and him working midnights now. Hope to do that by the end of the week.

You all keep warm its cold here in Lansing and the wind is howling like a banshee !

Old 01-07-2014, 10:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by Tadcaster
Hey David we called the insurance this morning they where finally opened. We will get proof of insurance today by e-mail

Nope haven't cleared the code yet as we have not transferred ownership to Zach yet due to the weather and him working midnights now. Hope to do that by the end of the week.

You all keep warm its cold here in Lansing and the wind is howling like a banshee !
Lizzy and I went out for dinner last night, at a new restaurant she passed by out shopping 1 day ... The wind was blowing pretty good but not howling.... After we had dinner...we went out side and like you mentioned Tad...It was howling up a storm! The roads went from snow covered to instant ice! ...Despite being in the Silverado with the 4 wheel drive locked in... We still slipped around like we had 2 wheel drive...The only advantage was that we weren't sitting there spinning our wheels like many of the 2 wheel drive vehicles.... Of course we would start stopping for the lights..at least a 1/4 mile before we were even close to the intersection.

We did witness many people just "Gliding" thru the lights while the brakes were locked down on the vehicles.... Even once we arrived home and entered the house it pretty much howled its but off for a good portion of the night. Hence wakeing up to huge ice dams and icicles on the house.
Be safe in your travels Tad... as well as everyone else today!

Old 01-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

morning all, freezing my you know what off this morning. Got some errands to run then I'm staying home.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 PM
Zen

Afternoon all

Old 01-07-2014, 02:48 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Ran all 3 car today, ran errands in the 04, got the horizon running and took it for some exercise and I moved the 97 to a spot where its out of the way. Sounded diesel powered lol

Old 01-07-2014, 04:26 PM
Monte of the Month -- October 2013

-12 here in the burgh 40 below w wind chill. im cooooolddd!

Old 01-07-2014, 08:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Anyone seen the New camaro concept? Looks like a cross between a vette and a monte. I like it.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, January 7th, 2014