Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, January 22nd 2013

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 09:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Intake is in, will be making a topic shortly...

Old 01-22-2013, 09:46 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2015
Monte Of The Month -- February 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Try and stay well Justin

Old 01-22-2013, 09:51 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Red Nightmare
I know it was dark, I was on a very long shutter, high numbers in ISO's so the image was dark. I see your brightening just made the pixels show even more. Oh god thats bad..

It does have a sensor cleaning, but it does not say 'manual' like most cameras..the sensor looks perfectly clean, I rarely switch lenses. what do you just..leave it on?
Long Shutter + High ISO + probably a poor F-Stop is going to create "noise" that you see.

Take a few shots outside in the light with an ISO of 100 and your f-stop as open as your lens allows. Do this of something plain, like a wall. And see if you have the spots in the same exact spot. That will tell you if it is just dust inside the lens.

There's a good chance if you just have a kit lens, it's made poorly and dust will eventually get in there.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Good Morning EV1!

Thanks Mike for doing the morning blog! (glad your feeling better)

Nice pic of the cruz there Matt (as always)

Keane glad to hear you got it instahled hope it does what you want!

Devin:
Your right its chipper friggn cold here! Is nt michigan liveing fun?

Rick:
Enjoy it while you can... and sorry your internet isnt up to speed...It'll be february before you know it!

Jen:
Im sure glad theres some people here that can help you out with your camera issues....Me personally I miss my polaroid ...

Jpark:
Sorry your feeling under the weather...Drink plenty of fluids and rest is the best remedy! Feel better soon!

Space... You getting an SS? Wohoooo... Congrats tell us more plzzzzzzzzzzzz..

Have a Great Day EV1!

Old 01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
Long Shutter + High ISO + probably a poor F-Stop is going to create "noise" that you see.

Take a few shots outside in the light with an ISO of 100 and your f-stop as open as your lens allows. Do this of something plain, like a wall. And see if you have the spots in the same exact spot. That will tell you if it is just dust inside the lens.

There's a good chance if you just have a kit lens, it's made poorly and dust will eventually get in there.
its the original lens that comes with the camera, I've seen it on other pictures at other settings..mostly dark images. if I change the av setting to 2.5-5 I still get it if its dark.

Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member

Original lens, means kit lens (lens that comes in the "kit" of body and lens)

Those are usually manufactured poorly, and there is just probably dust in the lens. I wouldn't assume it's the sensor.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Morning all -7 on the way in to work this morning cold as all getout

Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

afternoon all,

not a ton going on here took the day off since my mom told us last min that my aunt was having surgery and my mom wanted to be there so don't really have the money for daycare today so paid day to sit on the net at home! i'm ok with that, saves money, gas ect too!

woke up it at 5:30 it5 was -11 and now still -3 wooo! cold dense air lol
Weather for Saint Paul, MN

<table style="padding:4px 0 0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align:center;padding-right:10px" rowspan="5"></td><td style="font-size:140%;white-space:nowrap;vertical-align:top;padding-right:15px;font-weight:bold" rowspan="2">-3°F | °C</td><td style="width:5px;border-left:solid 1px #d8d8d8" rowspan="5">
</td><td style="vertical-align:top" colspan="2" align="center">
</td></tr><tr><td style="text-align:center" rowspan="3" colspan="2">
</td><td style="text-align:center" rowspan="3" colspan="2">
</td></tr><tr><td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-right:15px;color:#666">Partly Cloudy</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-right:15px;color:#666">Wind: W at 5 mph</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td></tr><tr><td style="white-space:nowrap;padding-right:15px;vertical-align:top;color:#666">Humidity: 56%</td><td style="text-align:right;white-space:nowrap;padding-left:5px;padding-right:2px;vertical-align:top">
</td><td style="text-align:left;white-space:nowrap;padding-left:2px;padding-right:5px;vertical-align:top;color:#666">
</td><td style="text-align:right;white-space:nowrap;padding-left:5px;padding-right:2px;vertical-align:top">
</td><td style="text-align:left;white-space:nowrap;padding-left:2px;padding-right:5px;vertical-align:top;color:#666">
</td><td style="text-align:right;white-space:nowrap;padding-left:5px;padding-right:2px;vertical-align:top">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Old 01-22-2013, 03:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member

No jury duty for me! It was a DUI trial and I really wanted to be involved, it was interesting. The guy refused a breath test once at the jail and that's what it was all about. The road side test in not admissible in court. I had been down that same road myself and was a bit biased...so off I went. Was there for three hours. Then hit the grocery store and now making some BBQ ribs for Hunter and myself.
So there you have it, a day in the life...

Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Jen, I had the problem of dark spots appearing in my pictures. I thought it might have been the dust in the lens that came in the kit with my Canon camera. But I removed the lens, pointed it at a bright light in the room, and looked through the view finder, I noticed they were still there. So the dust was in the camera.

I used the sensor cleaning feature. It gives you access to the sensors so you can clean them manually. But you need to be careful when doing it. Usually blowing lightly will get rid of most of the dust.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, January 22nd 2013