Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday Febuary 7th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012 | 08:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Space
Hi Mod `Mike, Thanks 4 letting us know it's `Morning, but I hope you & member's turns it in2 a GOOD Morning & Day
Are you having fun with your short shifter ? Are you getting it broke in ? It has 2 `be so much fun 4-Sure....
[FONT=Book Antiqua]Wish you a GOOD Day & I hope you have a E.Z. day in the office & a Super Fun Time when you get off work...EnJoy
Hey Space! I took the Monte yesterday, but today I took the Camaro. I'm still missing 3rd gear when I'm powershifting... I don't know if I'm too blame or if it is the shifter honestly. I hear a slight rattle when I'm being hard on the car, and then I miss 3rd after I hear that rattle. Going to have to look into it more.

But when I'm driving calm, it has been FANTASTIC

Old 02-07-2012 | 08:45 AM

Hi Mod `Mike,
Your 5speed has had a lot of shifts during it's time on the road & maybe your 3rd gear synchro is wearing when the power & torque on the transmission is applied (?)
I know when I had my Honda, I had to replace the syncho's in third because of power shifting all the time...Just a suggestion or theory ? ? Hurst does make a Super Unit, but you may want to check the adjustments ? ? Good Luck & Good Shifts 4-Sure....Did I say I envy U ~>

Old 02-07-2012 | 08:50 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

hooray for tuesday!! MY weekend from work is here! 2 days off! relaxation time!
Hows everyone doing!?

Old 02-07-2012 | 08:55 AM
|

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Morning Everyone

Old 02-07-2012 | 08:59 AM

..Hi `Devin, it's great to see you checking in on the Blog..
Wish you a great/fun time on your break from work What R U going 2 do ? Whatever you `do (?) ~> EnJoy p.s. I think the best place 2 spend your time is the MCF ~> LOL Is there any place better to spend your time ~> LOL ? ? ? ?
=========================================
GOOD Morn'in Mike (JG) & thanks again for starting our day...What R U doing with your new `Day ? What projects are you up2 ? Did you paint your Box ? Game ? Marble ?
Pic's please Wish U a Great/Happy Day

Old 02-07-2012 | 09:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- June 2014
Monte Of The Month -- July 2016
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
10 Year Member

Space, im ALWAYS on here! haha literally i must check the site 30-50 times a day to see whats new! i love how active this site is! Always fun to see whats up here.

I plan on taking a visit to black licorice and firing her up for a bit, get the engine running for a little. Other than that it's a wide open schedule to just chill! it's been a while since i've gotten a day to just sit home with some TV

Old 02-07-2012 | 09:33 AM
|

Hey Space not much gotta work & hopefully ill have my xbox done this week & ill post pics for sure

Old 02-07-2012 | 09:36 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
3 Year Member1 Year Member
5 Year Member

Just returned from the Walmart. They opted to give me my money back instead of trying it for the third time. They said the finish on my wheels was to blame. So, I went to Firestone and they also said that is not an uncommon problem but their weights were better. No guarantees. If they don't stick, It is a matter of lightly sanding the area that needs the weight stuck on it. He said they can't do it but I can. So I may just lightly mark all areas around the weights so I know where they go and if they come off I will then sand it. Never heard of this problem. Anyways, no word yet on my car. Gonna go work on my wheels and polish them up with some wax.

Old 02-07-2012 | 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47
Space, im ALWAYS on here! haha literally i must check the site 30-50 times a day to see whats new! i love how active this site is! Always fun to see whats up here.

Hi `Devin,
Thanks for your reply...I'm usually on in the early morning hours from work & try 2 check in b-4 I go back to work...It's great to read that you love the MCF...I do for sure...I think it's the best automotive forum on the `web 4-Sure
Wish you a super fun time `off & thanks for all your contributions to the MCF ~> 4-Sure
=====================================
`Jerry, thanks for the update & I'm glad U got your $'s back..
I never heard that you had to do the sanding to have the weights put on...(Everyone is afraid of lawsuits), cause everyone seems to be suing for everything...Can't the weight be put on the inside of the rim ? & not the outside ? Good Luck on getting a high speed balance ~> It's 2 important for handling & for your tires 4-Sure...Good Luck & I will be checking back on new about your S.S. ~> Good Luck & enjoy your `day
================================================== ==============
Mike (JG), I always look 4ward to seeing your work products...It's member's like you that keep me coming back & seeing all the great mod's that everyone is doing...We sure have a lot of talented member's 4-Sure...I'm still searching for my talent ~> LOL It's out there someplace in `Space ~> LOL

Old 02-07-2012 | 09:46 AM
|

Thats odd Jerry, when we do wheels & tires & use those stick on weights we scuff the rim up in that spot & clean it off with a wax & grease remover & not had a single one come back

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday Febuary 7th 2012