Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, February 11th 2014

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 05:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ohara
Good evening everyone. Went to the local collectors guild to see about finding a mini monte of my white one, and unfortunately they didn't have one. They had an 00 with the surfboard spoiler and an 03 with the spoiler like mine but it was silver and it didn't have the sunroof, oh well the search continues
Heres my Mod work for the winter so far....

Attached Thumbnails Tuesday, February 11th 2014-20140210_113740.jpg  
Old 02-11-2014, 05:37 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
How many of you know who "Shirley Temple " is?
Unfortunately she just passed away at 85 yrs young... For those of you that don't know she was.. She was a child start in the Movie industry as well as a UN Ambassador when she got older after her acting career...As well as received a lifetime acheivement award for all the wonderful things she did for others over the course of her life! RIP Shirley Temple Black.
I'm thinking black bans around wine glass stems of non-alcoholic drinks everywhere today!
*drum roll / crash*
I don't think my was too tasteless. Probably over a head or 2 though...

Old 02-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Ahh one more class... Watching some old Steve Jobs videos right now, such a great speaker. I hated his business tactics, but the way he got things done was amazing.

Old 02-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2013
10 Year Member

Good evening! Got a nice drive in today, had to go to a inventory all the way out in huntington 45 minutes away from here. Currently relaxing waiting for the other half to come home <3

Old 02-11-2014, 06:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
Heres my Mod work for the winter so far....

By the looks of things, I may just grab the 03 and fabricate a sunroof for it and paint it white. It would make a nice project to finish off winter with

Old 02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Evening guys.

Getting ready to watch some more Olympics coverage tonight. So far luge coverage has been shown after midnight which I have not been happy about.

Luge on board, 80+ mph. Absolutely crazy.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

evening everyone, hope everyone is doing OK.....Olympics have been so so this year, I wish there were more live events during the early evening.

Cool looking cars David...

I had an interesting drive to work today...I got on the PA turnpike and all hell broke loose on the car.......Not really but, the service brakes, then the service brake assist and then the service traction control messages came on followed by a bunch of dings and dongs..... I thought the worst was gonna happen but nothing really happened. I got to work, shut the car off for a minute and fired it back up and it all started all over again. Same thing during lunch and on the way home, I got to the gas station and was parking, I looked down and the traction light and brake light was off... So I'm hoping it was just a coincidence and I'll see how it does in the AM.....

Another thing I noticed is when it's this cold 20* and under my 'tighten gas cap' message doesn't come on at all. My CEL light has been on for over a year now and I didn't drive last winter because my winter Monte was running then.....

Ok, that's all with me, have a great evening....

Old 02-11-2014, 07:46 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member

Evening all, just booked a hotel for opening weekend at Watkins Glen, the hotel for GM Nationals in Carlisle and also registered for the show. Now looking at tires...

Old 02-11-2014, 07:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

By the looks of things, I may just grab the 03 and fabricate a sunroof for it and paint it white. It would make a nice project to finish off winter with
Ken:
Don't forget to post pics !

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Evening guys.

Getting ready to watch some more Olympics coverage tonight. So far luge coverage has been shown after midnight which I have not been happy about.

Luge on board, 80+ mph. Absolutely crazy.

Luge Sochi POV - YouTube
Pretty fr4iggn scary eh Matt? Even the women grew a pair to do that crazy sport... But my Fave has always been the bobsleds... I'm wondering, When they will get to it?

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831
evening everyone, hope everyone is doing OK.....Olympics have been so so this year, I wish there were more live events during the early evening.

Cool looking cars David...

I had an interesting drive to work today...I got on the PA turnpike and all hell broke loose on the car.......Not really but, the service brakes, then the service brake assist and then the service traction control messages came on followed by a bunch of dings and dongs..... I thought the worst was gonna happen but nothing really happened. I got to work, shut the car off for a minute and fired it back up and it all started all over again. Same thing during lunch and on the way home, I got to the gas station and was parking, I looked down and the traction light and brake light was off... So I'm hoping it was just a coincidence and I'll see how it does in the AM.....

Another thing I noticed is when it's this cold 20* and under my 'tighten gas cap' message doesn't come on at all. My CEL light has been on for over a year now and I didn't drive last winter because my winter Monte was running then.....

Ok, that's all with me, have a great evening....
Thanks Chris!

Sounds likes some silly stuff for sure!
Kinda scary actually... without brakes its definitely an issue.. I hope it clears itself and allows you to get around without any problems!

Be sure to keep us posted...Hope its something simple like a loose or corroted wire.
Thanks for checking in! Its always A PLEASURE TO SEE YOU ON HERE!

Old 02-11-2014, 08:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Good evening everyone. Went to the local collectors guild to see about finding a mini monte of my white one, and unfortunately they didn't have one. They had an 00 with the surfboard spoiler and an 03 with the spoiler like mine but it was silver and it didn't have the sunroof, oh well the search continues
Hey Ken... Here's your white one with sunroof... 1/18 scale... It's the one I started with and at a great price...... Grab it up... Now all you need is a 2003 SS (any colour) and you will have your mini 2002 Limited Edition...

2000 Monte Carlo SS 1 18 Die Cast Car | eBay

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, February 11th 2014