Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: TUESDAY, December 20, 2011< Click & Post

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 06:57 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Hi `Drew (Sarge),
Wish you & Brooke the best...I'm sure you will find the time 4-Sure....Good Luck
========================================
Hi Seattle `Mike, wish you better weather to drive & enjoy your Monte Carlo...It's the price one has to pay to live in a beautiful area on Planet `Earth...I believe we all must endure the elements of Mother Nature...She always shares her best & worse with `all...Wish you a Great Day !
---------------------------------------------------
Hi `Dustin, It's great to read that U `do make time 4 Fun...
Life should contain `fun, but sometimes we just have to make it happen...Wish U & member's a Fun/Happy Holidays..
=========================================
Found the below vid & I know if this happened to me that I would be changing my shorts 4-Sure One never knows what can happen out there on your highways of `life....
What `if ? Check out the short vid below I call it "Close Call" WoW
Luckily avoided head on collision with a slipped truck trailer - YouTube

^^ Click above & hold on ^^

Last edited by Space; 12-20-2011 at 07:29 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:18 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good morning Space, Drew, Mike, Dustin and others. More rain. How much more can we get. Better than snow I guess. Snow will probably wait till Monday when we leave for vacation. I hate interstate driving in the snow. Not alot for me today, might do a little organizing around here. Have a great day.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:27 AM

Thanks Space. Like I've said several times, we'll see what happens from here. It's rare that I can talk to someone I just met and lose track of time like I did Friday night. The main exceptions to that are when I meet other prior service guys, especially if they're a tanker (another new friend I made Friday, he was pretty cool). It was kinda funny though cause as soon as Brooke left the party, Gabriel (my friend who hosted the party) and his wife were already giving me advice on my next move lol.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:42 AM

Morning Guys,

Dreary start to the day. Looks like rain / drizzle all day. Yuck. Not very cold, though, so that's nice.

Mellow day at the office expected. Meeting someone from my old office for coffee later this morning. Taking the afternoon off. Then I'm off work through 30 Dec. Well, I'm officially on vacation next week, but I just found out that I'll be needed on one project. So I'll bring my computer home and do whatever is needed from there.

Originally Posted by augi
Just last night I HAND MILLED my new rear exhaust manifold
Dustin - I'm not really sure what that entails. If you have time, could you explain a little of what you did?

Old 12-20-2011, 07:50 AM

Gabriel (my friend who hosted the party)

Hi `Drew (Sarge), I think Gabriel would be a great choice as your Best Man "Friends are more precious then Gold 4-Sure" Enjoy the adventure/experience of getting to know each others....Time will reveal the connection
Good Morning `Dave, it's great to read that you are getting a break from work over the holidays...Wish you & family a super time 2gether...I know that you will miss your daughter, but Skype is a great device to see & talk...EnJoy your Vacation & I wish you SunShine

Old 12-20-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by KidSpace
Good Morning `Dave, it's great to read that you are getting a break from work over the holidays...Wish you & family a super time 2gether...I know that you will miss your daughter, but Skype is a great device to see & talk...EnJoy your Vacation & I wish you SunShine
Thanks, Space. We talked to our daughter yesterday. She traveled to Germany a couple days ago to spend the holidays w/relatives of my wife near Cologne. It's our first Christmas without her at home, but she's in good hands and having a great time.

You getting any time off over the holidays?? All work and no play makes Space a dull boy...

Old 12-20-2011, 08:09 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Morning everyone!

Not much going on here

Old 12-20-2011, 08:10 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Got some last minute shopping to do today. Anybody else got Christmas or Holiday shopping left to do?

It's nice to see people are getting some time off during the holidays.

The lack of snow here is certainly better for those of us who need to do last minute shopping. Plus the fact I hate shovelling snow. Kinda sucks for the kids though. The ground isn't hard. It's soaking wet and if you step on it, you sink into the mud. It would be nice to have some snow on the ground for the kids to play in.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky-88
Thanks, Space. We talked to our daughter yesterday. She traveled to Germany a couple days ago to spend the holidays w/relatives of my wife near Cologne. It's our first Christmas without her at home, but she's in good hands and having a great time.

You getting any time off over the holidays?? All work and no play makes Space a dull boy...

Hi `Dave, it's great to read that you daughter is with family over the holidays away from home...

Cologne Cathedral And Hohenzollern Bridge, Cologne, Germany.
She sure is in a beautiful area for her holidays 4-Sure...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
No, I don't have any time `off over the holidays, but I'm thankful to be working towards my dreams...I only have about one more year of working double shifts & then I will be able to take a break...I will be able to get down to my beach village over the holidays to be with my BeachBum Family & seniors...I always look forward to seeing them 4-Sure...
The MCF is my Fun Time ~> I'm just happy 2 `be & I still enjoy everyday that I am given...Wish you a great vacation with the ones you love 4-Real-Sure
===================================
Hi Mod `Mike, maybe not much going on for your Now, but I know that you have some special plans later...EnJoy
=======================================
Hi Lou `Taz, yes it's great to see you getting some time off over the holidays.. Thanks for your friendship, it's one of the best gifts a person can get 4-Sure

Last edited by Space; 12-20-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-20-2011, 08:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Space-I watched that Video and thought holy Sh*t. Close call. Scary. Guess I will do a little last minute shopping today.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: TUESDAY, December 20, 2011< Click & Post