Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

Member's BLOG: Tuesday, December 11th 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 06:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Good mornin' all.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:45 AM

Seattle `Mike,
What's happening in your life ? How are you feeling ? Are you ready for the holidays ? Any luck on getting your Monte to the shop ? It's great to see you checking in everyday on the MCF & thanks for all your contributions & help to our forum

Wish you a Happy New Day ~> EnJoy

Old 12-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2012

Hey 'Space, how are you liking the new hours at work? I'm doing okay but have been fighting a chest cold for a couple of days now. The Monte won't go in the shop until after the first of the year. I've been quite busy this month with Holiday events at the school, collecting toys and clothing, prepping at the food bank and visits to the VA hospital. November and December are always fast paced, but things will settle back down in January.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:13 AM

Thanks `Mike for your reply & update on your busy life...It's great to read that you are out there helping others in need & I hope that it's contagious to others & inspires them 2 help those in need....You are a good man & there are so many rewards by helping others that are less fortunate 4-Sure...

I have not started my new position & I'm back home with my Beach Bum Family...I'm now doing work for many of my senior friends around their homes & servicing & cleaning their cars...I also have tons of documents that I'm reviewing for my new position & have been in constant contact with my boss (owner)...It's going to be a new adventure for me..

I hope your cold doesn't last long & that you are feeling better soon...I've been lucky & never really had a bad cold, but this season it seems like many are getting a cold or the bad flu

Wish you & member's a Super New Day to Live, love & pursue your happiness...
Peace/Out

We's Blog'in ~> Whose next ?

Last edited by Space; 12-11-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:28 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'll be next

Good morning all!

Old 12-11-2012, 07:52 AM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2013
1 Year Member

Good morning everyone. 6 degrees out there this morning. had to warm up the Cobalt before leaving work this morning. Glad her car warms up fast Rds are still a little slick in spots. Then had this person doing 25 in a 55. Not that you would do 55. But come on 25 how about 40 ?? In a 4 x 4 Tahoe ????? But got home and let my little bud out for his walk. I had to shovel a path for him to the fence. So he could do his job! Other wise he just looks at me . Like saying what do you want me to do ? There's NO grass. So now there grass And he did Thank God cause its not warm out there at all. Wish I had a fenced in yard at times. Ok HOT coffee and a donut ! Have a great day everyone! Stumpmi ( Dave) You can post that pix if you want . Glad you finally got them them . Later Dude's & Dudettes

Old 12-11-2012, 07:53 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

Good Morning All!

I drove the Monte to work today. First time i've drove it in 4 weeks, so that was nice. But last night the Prius started acting up (actually it did the same thing about a week ago too). Any way, it basically "chugged" and clunked when trying to accelerate off a light. Then it put itself in neutral on the highway and the check engine light came on. So I drove it home and parked it. I've read online that in some cases, disconnecting the 12V battery or replacing can fix issues like this in the Prius...I've also read things from needing new hybrid batteries to a new CV Transmission. So IDK. I'll start simple and if the battery thing doesnt work, i'll just take it in and let work worry about the bill.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:09 AM

`Mike, `Michael, Rick & Member's...It's great to see you online..

Rick, I'm sure you can't wait to depart to the warmer climate of AZ.. I hope your days go fast until then

* Michael, do you get paid to drive your Monte to work ? Your electric ride seems dangerous with those conditions...`if it puts itself in neutral, but I guess it's better then drop'in in2 reverse
Would you ever purchase one ?

Wish everyone a Super New Day of Life ~> EnJoy

Old 12-11-2012, 08:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

You mean Toyota finally figured out how to force a car into Neutral so the drivers don't crash when the accelerator sticks??

Old 12-11-2012, 08:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2010
10 Year Member

I am a diehard GM fan, so I would probably never purchase a Prius. That being said, I honestly don't mind driving it. It's a pretty comfortable car, gets good gas mileage...nothing super fun about driving it (although it is easy to whip around in it), but nothing bad about driving it either.

Recently, things have been extremely slow at work, so we've had to do some lay off's, etc...as part of that, management had to take pay cuts too. I was fortunate, they did not make me take a pay cut, however, they did ask me to start paying for my own gas (but let me keep using the Prius). So no, I don't get paid to drive the Monte...but aside from miles on my own car, it cost me the difference between 27 MPG average and 42 MPG average.

Quick Reply: Member's BLOG: Tuesday, December 11th 2012